Tuesday, August 31, 2010

We are home.

Back from the PICU as of about 4. It's great to be home, but weird too. This is the first time they have sent us home and said, "medically there is nothing else we can do." So, we are home with Ava. She is not feeling bad. Just sleepy on and off. She nods a lot and gives thumbs up for approval. She is not concerned right now as far as I can tell.

It's nuts. 10 weeks ago Ava was running around playing with her cousins. Right now, she is 3 brain surgeries in and has been given very little time left by the medical professionals. It's very clear to us that we need miraculous healing. We've needed it all along. The biggest difference is I thought this part would come in 18 months, not 2. We are wrestling through it as any parent would. We wonder what in the world God is doing. We wonder what in the world we could have done different. We wonder what in the world. All we know is that God is big and mighty. There is nothing He cannot do. The tough part of that is there are some things He won't do this side of heaven. We just keep praying that healing Ava is not one of them.

Our family is around us all the time and has been wonderful through this confusing and eternally quick time. We have some of the therapy items that we were headed to New Jersey for in route already. Her therapy at home starts tomorrow. We hope to get her well enough to travel, but right now we really aren't close.

Keep praying for Ava. Keep praying for us. I am not ashamed to ask...we need your prayers.

103 comments:

  1. Hugs to all of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh - we are praying for you all. Praying for a miracle & praying for strength to deal with the days ahead! If you get a chance google MilesforHope.org. They deal w/ brain cancer & have contacts in Tampa. They're doing clinical trails w/ cell injections that have shown better results than chemo or radiation. They're also doing pediatric trials. Call Robert Gibbs in Tampa, maybe he can help if you can't get to NJ. Contact him at 727-781-4673 or drop him an email at bob@milesforhope.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying without ceasing for Ava's miraculous healing and strength for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We continue to pray for precious Ava. This is my prayer for the Hunters tonite: Zephaniah 3:17 "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for a miracle. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://ctcicenter.com/ Here's a website on teh clinical trials I mentioned above...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stumbled upon your blog today because a friend posted the link. While my two children napped, I spent over an hour pouring over your past posts to uncover the history only to find that it has been only weeks since Ava's diagnosis. Thank you for sharing your story. I cuddled with my kids all afternoon and smothered them with love. I cherished each moment and thanked God for every minute with them which I often struggle through at the end of the day.

    Praying for Ava and all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And please be assured you have them...all around the world prayers are constantly being lifted to the Lord. There is not a moment that goes by where I don't pray for Ava, Lisa, Noah, and you. I don't understand and I'm tempted to ask why...but we all come back to the same truth: God is near, He cares, and He not only holds you in His hands, but He holds you in His heart. Hang on tight to Him, Josh...He will uplift you, comfort you, and strengthen you. There is a plan...I have no clue what it is, but I know that I know that I know that God is good and He can be trusted. Rest in His peace and presence and know that you have all our love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pray the therapy that starts tomorrow will work, and God will let his miracle healing begin. Your whole family is surrounded by prayers of hope, love and healing. Our whole family is praying for Ava. We're glad she is comfortable and resting. Our hearts are bursting with compassion, hope and repeated prayers. God, have mercy and hear all these prayers for healing of precious Ava. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just learned of your sweet Ava from a friend of mine......Robin Stanley. Praying now. Loving you deeply. You are not alone. Much love, Tammy Nischan and family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Josh,Lisa, Noah & Ava, I have been with you every step of the way, Praying for miracles upon miracles..I don't know you but I love you and pray for God to perform a miracle for all..I have lost a son, I can relate and pray that Ava is healed this side of heaven..God Bless you all..I lift Ava up to the mighty one, praying for mighty miracles..He can do it and I pray that he does. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will keep praying for a miracle!! God can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for tonight. For the next few days. For memories and time and healing most of all. I am with you in every way I can be. Praying thru the night and day. Aching for more of anything & everything this side of heaven for you. Lost for words but full in my heart. Give Lisa a hug and know you are changing people's hearts. Praying Josh....right now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. No words are adequate. Just know we are praying, and won't stop. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying...and loving you all. -M & D.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Josh, I have been here from the start with ALL of you all,I am FAITHFULLY praying daily for all of you throughout the day and still praying.......... Gods peace be with you ALL... He is are Almighty healer....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying hard...Team Ava is who we are...let our prayers show the world that God does exist...He does perform miracles....please let Ava be that miracle that changes lives & hearts. We love you Hunters!

    ReplyDelete
  18. God, Please hold Ava In Your Loving Arms And Heal Her Body. Through You All Good Things Come. Hear All Of Our Prayers Dear Merciful God. We Give You All The Praise And Glory Our Most Powerful And Loving Father. Please Grant This Through Your Son Jesus Christ. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying you are held every moment....August 31, 2010 at 11:24 PM

    There was a time in my life that I needed this song very much and I am hoping it brings some peace to your life as it did mine.

    Two months is too little
    They let him go
    They had no sudden healing
    To think that providence
    Would take a child from his mother
    While she prays, is appalling
    Who told us we'd be rescued
    What has changed and
    Why should we be saved from nightmares
    We're asking why this happens to us
    Who have died to live, it's unfair


    This is what it means to be held
    How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
    And you survive
    This is what it is to be loved and to know
    That the promise was when everything fell
    We'd be held

    This hand is bitterness
    We want to taste it and
    Let the hatred numb our sorrows
    The wise hand opens slowly
    To lilies of the valley and tomorrow


    This is what it means to be held
    How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
    And you survive
    This is what it is to be loved and to know
    That the promise was when everything fell
    We'd be held

    If hope is born of suffering
    If this is only the beginning
    Can we not wait, for one hour
    Watching for our savior

    This is what it means to be held
    How it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life
    And you survive
    This is what it is to be loved and to know
    That the promise was when everything fell
    We'd be held
    We'd be held

    This is what it is to be loved and to know
    That the promise was when everything fell
    We'd be held

    This is what it means to be held.....

    ReplyDelete
  20. We are praying for Ava and you, Lisa and Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  21. whooaaa..... not what I wanted to read on your blog. I want a miracle... I pray for all of you... you're all so dear to my heart... through His Grace you have come into my life... I want life like it use to be for all of the Hunter Family. I pray for His Grace...

    ReplyDelete
  22. We don't really know you but we hurt with you. Praying for God's healing and comfort for your family from Him in these trying times. Jerry & Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  23. My husband, myself, and my children pray for you every night....I cannot fathom what you are going through....I have 4 children of my own...one of them being a 6 year old daughter....She loves Ava and asks about her daily....She drew her a little picture on the back of the church newspaper with a little note that said "I love you Ava, We all do" from Rhiannon....she rushed up to the stage to give it to your father....I hope that it made it to her little hands....We do love her...and we love all of you...even though we have never met....You are always in my thoughts....and of course my prayers.....May the good Lord comfort and keep you all in the palm of His hands....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Josh-
    Still praying. Awaiting word each day as to where you are in the process of this fight for Ava. Faith was designed to comfort us when there seens no justifiable explaination for the crisis that we face. Hold on, tightly, to our awesome, precious, loving God who will not let go of you, Lisa or Noah. He is so very good.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  25. Steadfastly praying for Ava, and for her entire family. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her, and of your struggles as her daddy.

    I follow your blog daily, and pray every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have prayed many a prayer for Ava and her family in the past 8 weeks. Early in this prayer journey the following passages have been an echo (Mark 5: 22-43). You have heard what man has to say, however, I believe the Master has a word for Ava...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Praying with you, Josh. Seeing God in you and in your family. Begging Him for a miracle to stun the world, while celebrating the everyday miracles. The ones few see. A grasped hand, a thumbs up, a sparkle in the eye, a whispered prayer. Beautiful, amazing, wondrous signs of life.
    You're loved and lifted up. Robin Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow...just feel the prayer power being directed at you all...amazing stuff! I'm feeling a miracle in the offing...and I pray Lord willing...His healing hand will reach out and touch Ava now. I love you. Believe.
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Josh, for once I'm searching for words of comfort to offer tonight, so I'll just send fervent prayers asking for Ava's healing this side of heaven, too. Nothing different than any other day, except tonight I am weeping as I speak the words of my heart to our great Healer. Please Lord, heal our special child Ava from her illness and suffering. I humbly ask this in Your holy and precious name, Jesus!

    God, let the entire Hunter, Beeson and Gable families feel the overwhelming comfort of your love tonight as they rest. Good night to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. My heart is heavy. I don't know you but your family has touched the life of myself, husband and three small children. We think about you all constantly and pray for a miracle. You and Lisa seem like such amazing people. I admire your strength, hope and love. I pray God continues to watch over all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  32. My name is Tom Rawls - you dont know my wife and I we know your father in law Mark and we know our Father in Heaven - our hearts are with you and we pray this week for your precious little girl! Tom & Denise

    ReplyDelete
  33. I felt so anxious for you all today. I find comfort in knowing you are back home. I've been praying you'd have countless more opportunities to sing about butts and bring laughter to your home once again.

    What was so amazing to me is the number of people I crossed paths with today who were already praying for you all. When I'd ask someone to pray, so many already knew your family's battle and were praying fervently, many moved to tears. Most are strangers to you all. Most live in different places around Orlando. It reminded me of this beautiful cocoon of prayer wrapped all around where Ava is. How could God help but work a miracle in all of that?

    Thank you for sharing despite your pain and for moving us all to get on our knees in communion with God a little more often. Keep hoping.

    Sue Schutz

    ReplyDelete
  34. Haven't stopped praying, Josh. Love, Allie

    ReplyDelete
  35. I wake up in prayer for Ava, go to sleep in prayer for Ava, and pray during the day for her as well. My 4 kids and I have our bracelets on daily and she is never far from our thoughts. Continuing to pray for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Praying. Always praying for a miracle for Ava.
    Kathy and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  37. Praying for Ava and your family. God promises never change and miracles can happen. Love your family!

    ReplyDelete
  38. You've got my prayers. I wake up in the morning and pray for the Hunters, I wake up in the middle of the night and pray for you guys, I pray for you when my daughter puts her head in my lap for me to rub her back and I beg God to wait just a lifetime longer to hold Ava so that you guys get to keep doing those kids of things (that I am now much more aware of and thankful for). I think of Noah when I see kids standing at the bus stop and pray for his day at school. I'm so thankful God loves all of you more than I can even understand and I'm thankful you're finding moments to remember that. I won't stop praying, Josh and Lisa, or believing with you for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ava and your family are never far from my mind. My hope and prayer continues to be that God's will is to heal Ava this side of Heaven.

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  40. So sad for all you all are going through. Still praying.

    ReplyDelete
  41. PRAYERS for your sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  42. We pray for strength for mercy for hope for peace. We are on our knees and waiting for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  43. So thankful that our Mighty God never says, "medically there is nothing I can do". What difficult words to hear as a parent. Asking God constantly - perhaps even to the point of begging unashamed that He would choose miraculous mercy this side of heaven. So thankful that He specializes in the medically impossible and that His love for Ava and each of you exceeds whatever we could imagine. Trusting Him in THAT place and continuing to pray first for that miraculous healing for precious Ava and also for comfort, peace, strength, rest, supernatural energy and wisdom for Lisa and you.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Like so many others I am praying for Ava and all of you. My heart breaks as if she were my own, and yet I have this incredible hope that God is going to heal her....and this will be an amazing story in the world. Be not faint of heart--our Father hears our prayers and has seen every tear. You, Lisa, Noah, and Ava are being lifted up to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm so sad and so sorry you have to go through this pain. I can't find the words today and so I will pray. Lord Jesus, you promise us that you are mighty to save, forever, author of salvation, my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save. Jesus, you rose from the grave to offer us salvation. Please come quickly to bring it to the Hunters now. In Jesus' name-Amen

    ReplyDelete
  46. Father, i cry out for this precious family!!! Lord, give them YOUR strength to lay her at the feet of the cross and "Let Go" (Not our will, but
    Thine be done). Just as Abraham was called to lay Issac on the altar, Father, give them the same strength to surrender this precious baby. May YOUR mercy, grace and peace be upon them, and be glorified in Ava's life!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love that you are home together this morning and that you keep looking ahead. Praying for Ava's complete healing this side of heaven. You are great parents, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  48. praying for your baby!
    praying for your wonderful wife, and praying for your strength, faith, comfort, and hope!

    Lord, May Your kingdom come to earth as it is in heaven! Thank you, because you promise to never leave them. Thank you
    God is with you, God Bless you

    ReplyDelete
  49. Praying for a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh Josh & Lisa....Too sad for words. Just crying out to Jesus on your behalf..for Ava's healing...for daily strength and grace for your family and for precious, precious moments to share as you go thru these storm tossed days together.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Josh & Lisa, I've been following your journey from the beginning...I live in Granger,IN, and your Uncle Mark is my pastor. Just wanted to say that I am praying constantly for Ava...for a miracle of healing. My heart breaks for the struggle you are in right now. I too, believe firmly in a loving, sovereign, all-powerful God...but the mother side of me wants to argue, beg, and plead for a beautiful 5 yr. old girl who has so much of life ahead of her. I'm praying for safety and healing as you travel to NJ.

    ReplyDelete
  52. PRAYING AND BELIEVING!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Praying even now. Not sure if quoting scripture is the right thing to do right now, but I read this yesterday and thought of you.

    "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deut 31:6)

    I'm so sorry for this drastic turn in your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Josh, you are an amazing man. The strength of character and unshakable faith, of trusting God through unimaginable pain that you are showing the world is nothing short of miraculous. My family, like so many thousands of others, is praying 'til we run out of words to say...and then in the silence...He is there, filling in the blanks....knowing we don't get it, knowing He can do anything and He can heal sweet, sweet Ava, and knowing that our hearts are breaking for you and that your heart is breaking and your life will never, ever be the same again. We argue with Him, we question Him, we plead, cajole, try to make deals...and He is there. He is there. He is there. I know that you know one day it will all be clear why this bullcrap is happening. Ava herself will be able to tell you and the rest of us. You are loved well, my friend. Loved well. If you can get a drop of comfort from that truth, hold on tight.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Josh & Lisa-
    I was reading your blog again from last night. You and Lisa have put your faith in the Lord God Almighty and never let go. You have done everything you possibly could to help your precious child. From what I remember, the neurologist wasn't even prepared for this to happen in 2 months. They said it was too soon to be the tumor when Ava started
    to get sick again. Please, please don't let the enemy put any thoughts of guilt on your plate. You've put everything you had into this to help Ava. It's working out as our Heavenly Father has planned. Let your faith sustain you. Hold on, don't let go.
    Praying, praying, praying so very hard for wisdom, strength and peace for you all.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  56. Lord, I pray that you will renew Josh, lisa, Joel, Becky and the Gables streangth. I pray they will mount up like wings of Eagles. That they will run and not be weary and walk and not faint. Lord I pray you will make Ava strong. I pray they can get her to New Jersey. Lord I pray you will show up and show off. I pray that you will heal Ava and a great revival will take place in the Hospital because of it. Lord I pray that you will just say the word and bring healing to Ava' body. Lord I thank you for Ava's life. I thank you for what you are teaching people all over the World because of Ava. I thank You that you are Almighty God. That your will is being accomplished. Bless this Family Lord and give them wisdom and peace. I ask you in Jesus name. Amen God Bless you Josh and Lisa. Sharon Webb

    ReplyDelete
  57. ...Looking forward, to that hope...the day when we all are healed...body, mind, soul, and spirit. Perfection lies ahead for little Ava, and for each child of the King!
    ...And, in this life, we pray, that comfort be found...that strength abound...that peace and even joy, through the suffering, be yours. May you find rest in the mighty, strong, and above all, loving, arms of the Father.
    ...Praying earnestly, on your behalf, today...

    ReplyDelete
  58. I think about and pray for Ava every day, as well as for your family. God surely does love us, even though it might be tough to understand in these situations.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hold this little one in your loving hands, Cradle her in your arms and lavish her with love that comforts and strengthens her.
    As you love her, help Lisa and Josh (and all who love Ava) be warmed and comforted by the fact that we can't possibly fathom how much you love Ava and how your heart is breaking with their pain. Carry them all through this devastating time - allow them to be honest with their pain, uplifted by the care of others and awed by your tender mercy and love. Thank you Lord for loving Ava with the heart of a Father and we hope and pray for the miracle that only You can give!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I feel your pain and hope. What a great gift to have so much faith in god and to be surrounded with so many loving and caring people. I wish I had the magic wand to heal Ava. All we can all do is pray and ask for more time to get you to where you feel you need to be with Ava. you are both such loving and amazing parents.We are praying for you, ALL DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Josh & Lisa-
    Our hearts are so heavy as we've been following your blog since the beginning. I studied voice with Eleanor T. and sang in many recitals with Lisa. Haven't seen you guys in a long time, but your family is dear to my heart. We are committed to covering your family in prayer, and know God is holding you all close as you go through this time. My son, Isaiah (3), has become a passionate little prayer warrior for Ava, and has asked several times to be able to go protect her with his sword & shield:) You guys have touched so many-continuing to pray w/o ceasing...
    Love in HIM,
    Elizabeth (Wiley) & Louis Chaves

    ReplyDelete
  62. I have followed your blog since Frank Reed in Dallas posted about Ava's diagnosis. I've cried, I've prayed, I've pondered....I think the biggest gift that you have given me is the reminder that our children and our time with them is a gift from God. I have 3 kids, 2 boys and a daughter that is 4 1/2. I look at her and think of Ava. I think of Ava and I am slower to anger and more quick to hug, tickle and not worry about the things to be done or that we're ten minutes late for bedtime. I am praying for your miracle but if you don't get it ~ please know that your journey has not been in vain. God is so big and God is good ALL of the time. Hugs and prayers to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  63. The only One I know in the miracle business is working on healing your precious Ava! He is the best at what He does. He has all the tools He needs and the prayers of the saints are rising all around giving Him Glory for the work He will do! The best Comforter I know is also being petitioned by the saints for your entire family to be an ever present help in your time of need. Still praying and believing!

    ReplyDelete
  64. I love you guys. Ryan and I have been begging God for a miracle. We won't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I have never met you or anyone in your family (though I feel I now know you all), but I am friends with a friend of yours. I have been praying for you and your family for a while now and will continue to pray daily. Our God is so big and mighty. He has set forth the plans for us and will continue to bless each and every day. My husband and I wont stop praying for healing this side of heaven. Rest knowing you and your family is loved by everyone and we all will continually pray for strength, peace, health, joy, laughter and love to fill your home each moment of each day.

    ReplyDelete
  66. My heart just breaks!! Praying for a miracle!!!! We love y’all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  67. To be honest this post is a bit selfish..I just feel like I need to speak. I believe so strongly that God will perform a miracle, but I have such a sadness from my human side that it is hard to work today. We hurt for you, in a way I feel a bit guilty that my children are healthy, as crazy as that sounds. Don't get me wrong, their health it one of my top prayer priorites, but I feel angry that you and your family must endure such unspeakable pain. I trust God and I know he is perfect, put this stinks. Thank you for letting me vent.

    ReplyDelete
  68. When you've done all YOU can do - God can do the rest! Peace my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  69. We're praying again today. Lisa is especially on my heart. From on mother to another, I'm praying for her little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Wow. I can't even fathom what you all are going through. Much love from the Durrum family as you battle forward. Despite the tone some others are posting and what the Doctor's are saying, Ava is here right now. Praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I can't even imagine going through this with one of my children. Your faith continues to amaze and strengthen me. God bless your family and precious Ava with healing and comfort. I wish there was something more I could do. I do not know you but have been following your blog and feel love for you and your family. Ava will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  72. Dear Hunter family,
    I have been on this journey with you from the beginning as thousands of others have. I couldn't find the words last night to comment and had a very restless night. I'm still struggling with the words, but wanted to let you know that Ava is in my mind always. Aside from the sadness that I feel for your family having to go through this, I can't help feeling overwhelming joy in seeing the "Body of Christ" move in such a powerful way. I have experienced the move of God many times in my life, but never on this level. Something powerful is happening here and I pray that it culminates in the "miracle" we are all praying for on bended knees. Please know that you are not alone in this. May God keep you all safe and keep this journey going in a positive direction of complete healing for precious Ava. Love and Peace and Rest for all of you. Love in Christ

    ReplyDelete
  73. There are miracles happening now, to look at all the posts of people from far away and near, they are praying for you and for your family and many don't even know you personally! If God had one mission in this, perhaps this is what it is, to remember to pray and to be reminded of his great love for us. He is there and with you and surrounding you at all times. Do not give up hope and know that she is being surrounded by God's love and many Angels. God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  74. Please say this prayer on behalf of Ava:

    Most Holy Apostle Saint Jude...Faithful servant and friend of Jesus. The church honors and invokes you universally as the patron of hopeless cases of things most depaired of. Pray for me I am so helpless and alone. Make use I implore of the partcular privledge given to you to bring visible and speedy help where help is most depaired of. Come to our assistence in this great need that we may receive the consolations of Heaven in all our necessities, tribulations and sufferings particularly please heal and restore Ava Hunter and that we may bless God with you and all of the elect forever. We promise you, St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor and we will never cease to honor you as our special and powerful patron and to always encourage devotion to you. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  75. There isn't anything they can do but their is something that God can do! God will heal that sweet girl. Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  76. I keep thinking about that line from "Fiddler on the Roof" where Tevye says (talking about the Messiah), "Wouldn't now be a good time for Him to come?"
    Wouldn't now be a good time for God to show His awesome power? When the medical professionals have thrown in the towel, when they can't take the credit for her healing. NOW GOD! HEAL THIS GIRL WHO WE ARE ALL PRAYING SO HARD FOR! SHOW THE POWER OF A PRAYING GROUP AROUND THE WORLD! I want to scream at Him. I supposed you want to non-stop. We are all screaming our prayers with you.

    ReplyDelete
  77. praying, praying, praying. God be near, be unmistakeably present in the midst of circumstances we don't understand. Hold this family near your heart with your strong & mighty arms.

    ReplyDelete
  78. Dear Josh, Lisa, Noah and Ava,

    Praying for you guys!!! Remember that God is big and that miracles can happen! I know that Ava is going to be alright!!!!! !!!! Praying Praying Praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greater things are yet to come! don't ever forget that. don't give up! don't give up. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  79. God can do anything. I am praying that Ava will be healed

    ReplyDelete
  80. this breaks my heart. I know that God loves Ava more than anything. I am praying that God will heal her.

    ReplyDelete
  81. My son and I say a prayer every night for Ava. We are hoping God delivers the miracle your family needs soon.

    ReplyDelete
  82. You are not alone. I lost a baby at 4 months and I sat in triage praying over and over "Lord I believe he's ok, help me in my unbelief" as I waited for them to confirm the diagnosis. I don't know if you can hear anything past all the confusion but just for a moment imagine what more than a 100 thousand prayers sound like being offered up to God at the same time for healing of your daughter Ava. It is a mighty roar. I join them in asking for a miracle and I thank God for being who He is. He hears you. He loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  83. I will not stop praying, until Ava is healed.

    ReplyDelete
  84. I read your whole blog Pastor and there is that sense of witness that this is all in God's hand and whatever God does is without a doubt with the utmost love and high purpose of God. "My Grace is Sufficient because my Strength is made Perfect in Your weakness;" this word fell on me last night concerning those who are sufferring today. You Cannot lose in God, as you know. On the other side of all great sufferring and pain that occurs under the faith of our Lord is reserved a glory far greater. Your child will be with you forever in spirit; God himself spoke such as this here once as if audibly, but still we parents do know the intense longing for our children here on this side, so another praying Believer has joined the Saints in the "prayers of faith for the sick, that little Ava may be healed." And we "are able" to Believe that if God will find it in his will, He Will answer our petitions regarding her, and "we know if he hears us we do receive an answer to our requests of Him." Do your best to Surrender her life to the Lord, as Abraham did, even though you know, and God knows your heart, that in truth your Love for her (of course) longs for her to be here with you. I have seen in my own house with my own eyes that Jesus does truly still make visitations today and heals this physical body when according to his will we still have purpose in this present world. And as he spoke once, "It is no harder for him to do this than to say your sins are forgiven and to save you." My dying husband saw him and soon after in the same hour he was more than restored to his health before he came to the utter physical weakness of a dying state so I saw myself what can occur in a short visitation from him. We are truly "encompassed about by a great cloud of (his) witnesses and I know you realize these things but I say them only to try to magnify your awareness, as mine so greatly was, when I have seen more than once the presence of these who our earthly eye cannot see, who are "constantly" with us, and who certainly are "constantly" surrounding litte Ava! And as you pray, you "are" heard! You are being watched at 'all" times! Because you are the Lord's own. Be so highly 'aware' of this as you pray. Heaven is so much Nearer to us than even us who are of faith can really perceive. We will pray and are 'able' to Believe, that God will NOT take this child home yet unless he finds it is what must be according to his divine and Pefect will that has no less than Perfect Love behind it. There is no shadow of doubt that Ava is in Jesus constant sight and let us committ her continually to Him along with our request that if he may find it in his will, will he allow her parents to be blessed with more time with her on this side before the great day when we have that immense Joy of "being together forever" in his Kingdom. Our hearts are so much with you, and continual Nightly prayers regarding little Ava.

    ReplyDelete
  85. I know I have never met you or your little girl, but as a mother of two little girls myself, I can only imagine how hard this has to be for all of you. I think about Ava all day and night and have prayed over and over for the entire Hunter family since word of her illness broke. My heart goes out to you and I am still holding on for a miracle for Ava. Thank you for keeping all of your prayer warriors here updated and know that we are all lifting you up in prayer constantly. Thank you for being a shining example of a wonderful Christian father. I pray for peace and comfort for you and strength to endure the days ahead. We send our love your way and we will not give up hope.

    ReplyDelete
  86. I read your blogs daily. You don't know who I am but I pray for your family daily. I pray for you, Lisa, Noah, Ava and the whole Hunter family and extended family. Your faith through all of this is a real inspiration. Praying daily for God's will to be done. Praying for you and Lisa to have the strength to continue supporting Noah and Ava.

    Love and prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  87. Josh-your family and daughter never stray far from my thoughts and prayers. My heart aches for you all. Your faith in God has helped to strengthen my faith in Him, and I thank you for that. I am praying for a miracle for Ava!

    ReplyDelete
  88. My love and prayers are with your family tonight. "My God is so big, so strong, and so mighty. There's nothing my God cannot do."

    ReplyDelete
  89. My heart is breaking for you. I am praying and have our prayer team praying fiercely too. Our God is the Almighty Healer and we know it is possible. I pray for strength, faith and a BIG miracle. You are loved and resting on the shoulders of your worldwide family and your Father in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Praying for you and your princess. You have amazing strength and believe in God. You do not know me, but I am a friend of Jen Burg's. I will keep your daughter and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  91. Dear Josh, my heart goes out to you and your family and also our prayers too. I just have to share this information with you in case you have not heard about the revival taking place at the civic center in Mobile, Alabama. It has been going on for over a month now and miracles of healing are taking place. Please take the time to watch this short video of a young boy who was just healed of two brain tumors and a hole in his heart. I just hope and pray you read my comment or hopefully someone will tell you about it. May God bless you and your family and I hope this video will give you hope that God is still in the healing business.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2K9IEIo_NM&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  92. Josh, I'm sure that I'm repeating information that you already have... but just in case. A coworker of mine at Winnie Palmer mentioned Dr. Ben Carson at Johns Hopkins who is a great resource. She said that if you call his staff and explain Ava's situation, in all likelihood they will be able to help or know someone who can. This doctor often operates on the inoperable, and if any man can help, he can.
    Continuing to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Praying for your sweet little Ava! Praying that God continues to give your whole family strength for each day. God is good all the time and has a plan for all of us. I am Ang's mother-in-law and have been following your story though Mark's blog and yours. Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Guardians are with you all now and always

    ReplyDelete
  95. Dear Hunter Family:

    Yes, I too am praying for a miracle for Ava.
    God Bless you all.
    Kat Steele

    ReplyDelete
  96. Praying for your sweet, little girl....God is mighty to save!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYqogpLpC5Q&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  97. it appears that people all over the world are praying for your daughter, Ava and your entire family. sending prayers from Stuart, FL

    ReplyDelete
  98. hi lisa josh noah and hunter family we love you guys very much praying for the whole family this is camille and richie halbert been with you the whole time

    ReplyDelete
  99. I am very sorry for your loss but grateful that you had 5 beutiful years with Ava. I don't know your family but little Ava has touched me. Just from reading about her I could see her brave soul. I have a 5 year old girl and Ava has helped me appreciate her even more than I already do. I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. This is the first time I have ever posted in a blog but I couldn't leave without doing so.

    ReplyDelete