Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday.

Some days you just don't have it. Today, I didn't. Ava is fine, but struggling a bit with crampy legs and not talking much. Just nodding a lot and giving one word answers. I want her to talk. I want her to run around and do stuff...but, she isn't there right now. I am fairly certain it's harder on me than it is her. As long as she isn't hurting, she's pretty content just sleeping and watching goofy cartoons all day.

It is interesting to me that God seems to allow Lisa and I to go back and forth. When I'm up, she may not be. When I'm down, she is up. It's nice to listen to her and be reminded that God is completely in control. You see, I am by nature a controller. Not neurotic, but I like to have plans to back up my plans that back up my plans. Lisa is not. She is intuitive and free flowing. She goes where God leads instead of being dragged around like I have to. I am blessed for sure to have her for my wife.

Here are the specific prayers for today.

Pray that God would heal Ava this side of heaven.
Pray that Ava would not have any more cramps or pains.
Pray that Lisa and I would continue to trust that God has Ava right where He want her.
Pray that Noah would continue to process this better than any 12 year old could.

We covet your prayers and thank you for them. I am also praying for a better day tomorrow.

I am going to sleep soon. Maybe I'm just tired.

26 comments:

  1. I think it is Gods Grace on you and Lisa that you both are holding up so well.It is a testament to your Faith.
    I cant sleep till I read your blog daily and then pray for all of you.
    Here is an old remedy for cramps try tonic water maybe 1/4 cup or less in some juice. I hope it brings relief to Ava.
    Praying for angels to minister to you all and for God to give you rest and peace. Love you Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ya brother. Praying for your family. God is good. Sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for the end of Ava's cramps and for strength to travel with Lisa to NJ.

    Rejoicing that you and Lisa have each other.

    Praying for Noah to continue to find rest in Jesus as your journey continues.

    Knowing that you all are surrounded by the love and prayers of so many that even our Lord is surely astounded!

    Rest well tonight Noah, Lisa, Josh and Ava and all of the Hunter/Gable family!

    PS Josh, we all have days where we 'don't have it', but tomorrow is a new day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh--there is a homeopathic remedy for the leg cramps. You can get it at the Vitamin Shoppe. It's called Hylands "Leg Cramps with Quinine". All she has to do is put a couple under her tounge and it dissolves almost instantly--no bad flavor. I'd check with your doc to see if it's okay, but I've taken them for years and they work within a few minutes. Just be sure to ask if Quinine is okay in her system--especially since she's been through so much and she is so young. I am praying for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt Ava and your family on my heart today. Thank you for listing your specific prayers...that helps me feel like I can pray with a focus. I am praying earnestly for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still praying for all you mentioned. Will keep praying. -M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josh-
    It's Ok to have bad days. Really. And you're right, God has you and Lisa to hold each other up. He knows your pain and will continue to help you through this. You and Lisa are awesome examples of what God wants us to be.
    I'm sure this is difficult for Noah. I will/am continuing to pray for each and every one of you each and every day. I hope your all sleeping peacefully as I write this.
    Gods Blessings-
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all have bad days..........thank God we have the spouses we have to compliment and and even us out! Still praying throughout the day for your specific requests. Bless you ALL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. praying for you all through the midnight hour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...."praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end, with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying that today the Lord's day brings peace and direction for your family! Praying that Ava will soon run and laugh again and make you all smile! Lord Jesus be especially close to the Hunter's and Gable's today and shower your mercy, love and healing on all! Raise up little Ava to make this new Journey and bring her the healing this side of Heaven we humbly ask you in Jesus name! Amen Hoping today brings you much JOY!
    Lisa & Jim Hughes & Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always found I pray for strength to deal with whatever comes - good or bad - that way, I'm never disappointed but accepting.

    I pray for that same strength for you and your family...

    and that Ava beats the odds and gets well.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bless you, Josh, you always touch my heart!! I am praying for all of you and the extended family, especially for Ava to be healthy and well! I'm sure you all are ministering to Noah and he is going to be fine! Still praying for miracles large and small!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am praying that you woke up feeling reenergized...it is amazing what I good night of sleep can do...and with so many praying for you!!!!
    Have a great Sunday!
    I will not cease praying for all of you!
    God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. God chose your family for this journey for your faithfulness and he knew that your love for him would not fail. What a blessing to have been chosen. You have been such an inspiration to everyone reading your blog and going through this journey with you. We can tell each Sunday that your dad's heart is breaking also, yet he does not waiver in his faith.
    We are in constant prayer that God will touch Ava and heal her this side of Heaven, that he will give her strength to travel soon, he will give you and Lisa strength and wisdom during this journey, that God will bless Noah with Grace and Understanding and that Normal will return to you all soon.
    Bless your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  16. praying for blessings on THIS day....today. Rest and Grace and Healing. Thankful for a family that believes. Love you guys. Carey

    ReplyDelete
  17. Josh, Lisa, Ava, Noah and Hunter/g
    Gable family, I am a single mom with three children and just wanted to let u know that we pray for u all constantly, we all
    wear the bracelets and my 9 year old son has more than one on and refuses to take them off and asks about her progress all the time! I know that God has great plans in store for Ava! I myself have witnessed God's healing
    hands and feel in my heart that
    Ava will live a long and flourishing life through Him and by Him and be usedas a

    true and blessed disciple! We love u all and of course continuing to pray for
    u all and God bless u all for
    ur strong and great testimony of
    faith through our precious
    Heavenly Father!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Josh, thank your for giving specific prayer requests. We have been praying for Ava and your family for many days. I pray she will be well enough soon to travel up north, and God will use the doctor to heal her this side of heaven. We pray for you and Lisa for continued strength and faith, and for Noah that Jesus will calm his troubled heart. May your family rest well, and Ava get strong enough to travel. Praying for a shower of blessings of faith, hope and strength for your family, and both your parents and Lisa's parents as well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are on our knees praying right now for your little girl...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your dedication and love to Christ our Lord is a true gift and example for all of us. Even in your darkest hour you see through to His love and open arms. May each day Ava and your family continue to be bold in your defiance to this disease, and to Satan.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We continue to pray and ask God for His perfect healing. You are on the right path! Rest in the peace that transcends all understanding knowing that intercession is happening all over the world for your family, and that our cries do not fall on deaf ears. God hears each prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just came from church at Northland and we all lifted Ava and your family up in prayer. God is there with you and has wrapped Ava in his arms. Vernon helped us to pray that Ava feels His presence and keeps her from pain. Our hearts and prayers are with you and you family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This breaks my heart. I am praying!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woke up at 4 am to journal and pray for Ava's full healing. You are with me constantly throughout the day and night. Barely a hour passes by that I am not begging God for Ava's full healing. Many people need to see God work in this way. You all the most. Hugs and love to you all. Evie's mom.

    ReplyDelete