Lisa and I got out for a bit tonight to watch a movie and sit in a drive thru line at McDonalds for 25 minutes. All in all, a great date even if my Mcflurry was melted by the time I actually got it. The kids hung with mom and pop, so they had more fun than if we were home. I was a little iffy about leaving Ava tonight (just because I was in a bit of a funk) until she said, "Dad, I'm glad you are taking mom on a date...you haven't been on a date in like 2 months!"
Well, that was all I needed to hear. It was great to spend some time with the woman who is holding it all together right now. I already knew it, but I was once again reminded of her amazingness. Yes, it's a word and it's definition is Lisa.
Everyone is hanging in there in the Hunter home. Thanks for your continued prayers for Ava, our family and Hunter Vision. Keep praying!
I am so glad you got out even if it is to Mcdonalds. I do not think Lisa and you can do anymore.You both need to take care of yourselves it is a long walk and getting refreshed.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great weekend and be ready for the new week Grace.
You are all so precious and loved so dearly, from heaven and earth!!!
ReplyDeleteGod is good to you Josh... her name is Lisa! Praying always :-)
ReplyDeleteJosh, we are continually praying for Ava's healing and your family. Stay strong. We love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteHi Josh, I just stumbled upon your blog and I am moved by how much God has strengthened you and your family, that you are still able to move forward in spite of the crises that you face. I'll be praying for Ava and your family, from the other side of the world. Keep the faith!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blessing to get to spend some time together and wasn't God so creative in how He carefully orchestrated 25 uninterrupted minutes to reconnect and communicate as a couple? :) (lol) - Have been praising God for the blessings of "normal" that you described earlier and continuing to pray for Ava, Mrs. Amazingness, and the entire family.
ReplyDeleteI think it is so great that Ava encouraged your date - so sweet!
ReplyDeleteI just love how you speak of your wife. What an incredible blessing!
I hope you all are enjoying an uneventful weekend filled with nothing but precious memories :)
Always praying...always believing...
You don't know me but I read your blog daily. It is almost like my daily devotional! Amazingness is a word and it describes your whole family! I want you to know I am praying every day for Ava's healing. God bless your family. Hang in there. You are exercising your faith and it is evident!
ReplyDeleteJosh-
ReplyDeleteGlad the two of you got out for a while. I'm sure it's hard to leave Ava, but 'out of the mouths of babe's' she hit the nail on the head.
Stay strong.
Jody
You speak frequently about Lisa's strength during this time and I admire her for that (as obviously you do also). Please make sure she knows she has safety and support during those inevitable moments when she will be feeling vulnerable and not strong. Praying for you and Lisa and Noah and Ava daily!
ReplyDeleteAva reminds me so much of my granddaughter and they are both so mature and come out with the cutest ways to encourage us all. Marissa watches Ava's videos all most everday and we pray together for your whole family. It is like you are a extension of ours now and even my neighbors all know about Ava and they to pray for her. How amazing that we can all join together in one anothers journey! We are here by your side and will do anything to help you as you walk through all of this! I am glad too you both had some time alone you do have a lovely and amazing wife God is good all the time! Sleep well and know we all love you!
ReplyDeleteLisa & Jim Hughes and Marissa
Josh,
ReplyDeleteWe are continually praying for you, Lisa, Ava and Noah. I hope that it was not a Wright family McDonald's you went to:)
Blessings,
Michelle Wright
What a sweet blog entry! Josh, i just love the way you write and share things from your heart. You are very real, so encouraging in the midst of the worst possible situation you always see something positive and beautiful! I love the way you care deeply for your wife and children. What a blessing to see! My dad left my mom, sis and I when I was Ava's age and never looked back so I enjoy reading of a father's love like you have for your children. So beautiful! Praying for you all. And it's so sweet to hear you talk about your bride, Lisa!
ReplyDelete