Saturday, August 14, 2010

Oh, nothing much.

Ava hasn't felt good all day. It's ok though. It's not symptoms that are typical of things we are concerned about right now. So, while it's not fun to see her feeling really tired and nauseated, it's not headaches...so that is good for now. Hopefully she just needed to sleep a lot. She fell asleep at 5:30 pm and is still sleeping and it's now 11. Looks like she will get some serious rest tonight.

Week 2 is in the books for Hunter Vision. It's been a great two weeks and the minor tweaks to the patient flow system are near worked out. We do our darnedest to make sure no one ever waits for 10 minutes or more, but we had a couple that were almost 20 this week. Dang. Well, next week we are back at it to make sure that doesn't happen. We hate waiting at the docs office as much as you do, so you can rest assured we will fight that battle until we win. We are militant about wait times.

All is going along. Not much to report. That's good.

Oh, and just so you know...I write this everyday because it helps me. If you ever want to check out for a while feel free :) I'll be here!

Thanks for praying. Keep it up!

20 comments:

  1. And just so you know...:) I read your blog every night...It helps me to know how to pray for you and your family...you are not alone! I'll be here every night! God bless you, all your family, and all the readers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Won't take a break from the blog till Ava's healed. That's a promise I made to God! So you're stuck with me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that Ava isn't feeling well and hope the sleep is just what she needed to feel better.

    Thank you for writing every day. I look forward to your updates and knowing what's going on makes the prayers more meaningful for me.

    Always praying...always believing...

    P.S.
    I think it's so awesome that you're focused on minimal wait times @ Hunter Vision!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let love and faithfulness never leave you, write them on the tablets of your heart. Have a blessed weekend, with no more headaches, I pray.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh,

    I enjoy reading your blogs. I hope you continue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Writing is such a release for me also, especially in times of trials and testings, and while waiting on the Lord. This is when what's inside me needs to come out, so that I can be healed and set free to worship, praise trust, love and serve, His Holy Name.
    The good, bad and ugly, our fears, hopes and dreams, are all in His keeping. How can we ever keep anything from Him when He loves us so much, and so perfectly. Sharing you life with us the way you do, is a remarkable testimony to the walk of faith you live every day, in the heat of battle. You are a courages young man, blessing others,. Our God is faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We continue to pray for your family and Ava.
    The black background makes your page difficult to read on our iPhone and iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Josh, I look forward to reading your blog everyday. I thank God for the good days and pray more on the bad days. Please don't stop!
    It's the only way we know what's going on and how to pray. You are the greatest husband, daddy, son, friend, nephew, employee and child of God!! We love you and we will continue to pray for a MIRACLE!

    Oh, and BTW I love the black background :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops, I forgot...brother, son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Josh, I do read all your posts as I have had you and the entire Hunter clan in my thoughts and prayers as you face these difficult days. I am sure there are many others that do the same, so know you are not doing this in vain. It is good to get your thoughts, fears and concerns out. I am sure God is using all of this for His glory, even though it is so hard to understand at times.

    I don't know what lies around the bend for all of you as you make this journey, but I do know that the Lord is already there waiting for you as you take each step. He will guide and protect you, Lisa, Noah and little Ava as well as the rest of the Hunter family.

    The Lord has really spoken to me about "staying under the wings". He will provide shelter and peace there for you.

    God's blessings on all of you. I will continue to pray until all is well and I know many, many others are doing the same. God is the only answer to all of our needs.

    Love to you all.
    Marsha Thorburn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry! You're stuck with me too! Actually, several years ago you helped me move on a very emotional, sad day, and I have prayed for you since then and I will pray for you and your family as long as it takes!! God bless the quiet unemotional days!!! Hope you all have lots of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We'll be here, too, whether we always post or not. We are all praying. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Josh-
    I'm here every day whether I respond or not. I'm committed to praying for Ava and your family.
    Jody Brinks

    ReplyDelete
  14. In your uncertainty, please know you and your family are lifted up daily for God to keep you under His protection by the scores. The mountain you are climbing is not insurmountable - some days are tougher than others but I trust, in my heart, you and your family will survive intact, as He intended.

    We would stop speeding bullets for our children and I know in your heart, you would ...just keep the patience my friend, rest in His promises and He will reveal Himself; only in Him will you find the peace you need

    ReplyDelete
  15. The body of Christ is family. Family sticks together. Your family will always be in my prayers. Your blog guides our prayers. It's family time. Stuck with me too. Keep it up. I look forward to your updates. Sleep is a very healing state to be in. I'm sure it's exactly what she needs. Praying God is using Ava's rest to manifest her miracle...if He hasn't already.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the last thing i do every night is read your blog and pray for Ava - i start looking for it around 10 because i am anxious to see how she is doing. I pray the lack of blog last night doesn't mean she had a bad day. You are not alone out there is cyber space - you are surrounded by a host of prayer warriors who are in this like you, for the long haul. Please let us know what we can pray for for lisa - she is a rock but must need something.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheri Gillett and FamilyAugust 16, 2010 at 9:26 PM

    You and your family are touching our lives and blessing us with your updates. I also read all of your blogs and am praying for Ava and your family every day. We are very fortunate to attend Northland and have your Dad teach us about our Marvelous God, and we can see Him in all of your updates. Your family is constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Your families amazing spirit and Love for the Lord is so inspiring and we are very grateful to you for sharing your experiences with us. We will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  18. no checking out on our end. Ava and the family are in our hearts and prayers every day, all day, 24/7. a day doesn't end without reading your updates on Ava, Noah, Lisa, Hunter Vision, and everyone else that is part of your lives. we worship an Awesome God and know that He has you all in His hands. :)+

    ReplyDelete
  19. Josh & family-
    I heard Casting Crowns this morning and my thoughts went to the Hunter family immediately.
    "I will praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I cry You hold in Your hand, You've never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm."
    Hold on to your wonderful faith and love.
    God bless the Hunter family.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  20. I read your blogs and post it on my FB to share with my prayer warrior friends. I won't stop reading or stop praying til Ava gets her miracle! Thanks for letting us be a part of your journey. Praying for you and walking along side of you.

    ReplyDelete