Well, we spent about 5 hours today in the ER. That wasn't fun, but they told us this... they aren't sure what's up with Ava (I am guessing that was a fairly expensive diagnosis). They gave her some fluids since she couldn't keep anything down for the last 48 hours and then said that her blood levels looked good and the neurosurgeon's office said it's likely too soon for it to be something that is related to tumor...so, we are back home and she is just sleeping all the time. She says she feels fine, just tired. So, I guess we will just relax and wait for her to sleep enough. She has kept down some light stuff for the last few hours. That's good.
Lis and I have been pretty good all day. We know it's a long process and we are in for good, so we are just walking through it day by day. Keep praying that she will feel completely well and that her body will heal itself as quickly as possible. Pray for my awesome wife that she will have what she needs to keep going as she takes care of Ava most all day, everyday. She would have it no other way, but it takes it's toll for sure. She's remarkable. Really.
That's all for today. Looking for a good night's sleep for Ava and Lisa. I'm guessing I'll sleep just fine...
God Bless sweet Ava. I will pray that she gets a good nights rest and will feel a lot better tomorrow. Lisa is an amazing mother, I know God will take care of her, although I will keep praying for her to have the strength she needs to care for Ava. Josh, keep up the good work and try to get some rest. I know God will take care of all the details.
ReplyDeletePlease Lord, take good care of this amazing family.
Josh, I pray that all of you have a restful sleep and a better day Thursday.
ReplyDeleteIf you're at Hunter Vision tomorrow, I'd love to meet you!
My heart will continue to go out to you and your family, this is a heavy journey for sure and most times I read this with tears running down my face. I just know how much I respect you both as amazing parents and Noah as a faithful warrior, brother and son. I can't even imagine the plans God has for Noah because of this journey! He is like alot of us going through some times we never dreamed of and for him at a early age! But his support is so amazing and his love too! Just know Josh and Lisa we love you and your family and we can not say enough about Ava! You have an amazing family and support system continue to draw upon the Lord and the people he has brought forth to be in the Gap with you! Lord hear our prayers for Ava in Jesus name!
ReplyDeleteLisa & Jim Hughes & Marissa
Father God please be with this family, give them the strentgh they need to contiue to fight this daily battle. Help Lisa to be the mother she needs to be for Ava and Noah, the wife she needs to be for josh and most of all the woman she needs to be for herself! Please Father God heal Ava, keep her pain free and help her to be strong and overcome! Be with Josh and give him peace and direction but most of all gie him the strength to be the father and husband he needs to be for this family. Thank you for each of these amazing individuals and the daily reminder they are to all of us how how important it is to be faithful and give it ALL to God! It is in your name that I ask you for these things!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Josh. You'd don't know me, but I'm a member of GCC up in Indiana. I've been following your blog and daily pray for your sweet Ava. Your strength and willingness to let people into such a private place of your life, is amazing. Your faith in someONE greater than yourselves is inspiring. My family and I will continue our prayers.
ReplyDeleteWhat a stressful last few days for you guys! Lots of people are praying. We are praying!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear that Ava had to go to the ER today. The rollercoaster that you are on is simply not fair and I'm sorry that you all have to endure it.
ReplyDeleteI always pray for Lisa's strength. As a mom, I hurt for her. She sounds amazing and God handpicked her for Ava. It wasn't by chance!
Always praying...always believing...
Hang in there Josh! You and Lisa are doing an amazing job. Praying a little harder for your family today....
ReplyDeleteJosh, as a Mom Who had a sick child my heart and prayers are with your amazing wife! It truley dose take an amazing women handpicked by God to endure mothering a sick child! I lift Lisa up ALL the time as with you whole family....I hope Ava has a better day today!
ReplyDeleteDear Josh and Lisa,
ReplyDeleteYou don't know my family and me, but we think of you everyday. We are continuing to pray for you everytime there is a quiet moment...including my 3 and 5 year old sons. I pray for all of you to get much needed rest including Noah.
Remember..you are not alone, there are hundreds of us, even thousands on this journey with you.
You are lifted up.
There seems to be a strange stomach virus going around with kids this summer. My kids had it early in the summer and I have heard similar stories throughout the summer. Basically, it doesn't seem intense enough to be the typical 24-hour stomach bug but it lingers! I was confused whether it was food poisoning at first. Then, unfortunately, there seemed to be a minor relapse a few days to a couple of weeks later. Very strange. I hope that Ava feels better today!
ReplyDeletePraying like crazy Josh. We love you so much!
ReplyDeleteDear Josh,
ReplyDeleteI just found out about your daughter from a internet news article that described your father's role as a spiritual advisor to President Obama. I am praying for your family. I recently saw a Pastor on tv whose ministry in Texas as witness many testimonies of healing, especially cancer. The first healing she witnessed was her mother who was on her death bed. She came from a conservative background and was surprised when she heard a voice tell her to pray from the Lord's prayer, "Lord, thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven, and there is no sickness in heaven". Her sister called her and confirmed that she had had a dream with the same message. The confessed this by their mother's bedside for several hours and she came out of her coma. She lived for another 20 years after her healing PRAISE GOD! I know that God's will for Ava is to LIVE...I will continue to pray His will. God bless you and your wife.
You're not giving up, God is not giving up and neither are we!! You all are surrounded by all of us who are praying and holding you all up!!! Praying sooooo hard for little Ava and all of you!!!
ReplyDeleteJosh-
ReplyDeleteMy heart goes out to Lisa and all that she is doing to take care of Ava. I never had children but I can only imagine how difficult it is to take care of a sick child and not neglect the rest of the family. God made mom's pretty resilient. I have no doubt Lisa is as incredible as you say she is. God bless her and all she is doing. God bless you, Ava and Noah as well.
Jody
I'm older and have lived a good life. My prayers are that God would take me instead of Ava...I so want her to have a long life, and for you, Lisa, Noah, and everyone else who loves her to relish her life and the accomplishments she has yet to achieve. Ava is in my prayers always.
ReplyDeleteCan tell you are buoyed by prayers of many, He is always there for you to lean on, to rest in, to gain strenth from as you cross this desert- the poor child has had a harrowing few days, she is resting in Him...the words spoken in ER today sound very positive to me...I work for Cardiologists and believe me, if there is a concern, they will make you aware of it - just accept that today, she is healing, by His grace and by the word of the ER Doctor. always praying for Ava - my heroine
ReplyDelete