Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Missed Yesterday...

But, probably a good thing. I read over my last few updates and they even made me sad...so I can't imagine how they must have sounded to you faithful prayer warriors and readers...

Well, I have been in a much better mindset all day today. Hunter Vision is 2 days old and running like a well-oiled machine and Ava is peppy and having fun all the time. I didn't realize how much it sucked out of me to go to that doc appointment last week. That sucked.

Now, I am back. The hope you all have been praying for is there (for now) and I am feeling good about getting Ava healthy. I know we are statistically in a bad spot, but statistics say Ava should be a perfectly healthy 5 year old...so, that should tell you what I think about that.

Several of you have asked how you can help with finances. I never know what to say. I wonder if someone would like to give me 5 dollars to help defray care costs or if they are offering to buy us a large house to live in. It's likely somewhere in the middle of those two options, but I have no idea what to say. So, I decided I would every so often post how much it has cost us for care that is directly attributed to Ava's GBM. This number won't include new school clothes, but it will include all doc visits, travel, blah, blah, blah...that way if anyone wants to do something they will know a ballpark that they can be in to help. It dawned on me that no one would otherwise know if it has cost us $1000 or $100,000...so I'll put it up here and you can do whatever or nothing. Then I can stay out of the loop of trying to figure out the weirdness of receiving money.

A third party, kind soul set up this account the first week Ava was in the hospital...so anything you want to do can go here: {We won't have any idea who sent what... we just see the total available}

Send a check made payable to the "Ava Hunter Fund" to: Citizens Bank of Florida, Att: Jolene Burns. P.O. Box 620729, Oviedo, FL 32762-0729

Good. Now I can just update and leave the money stuff out of it. And, I can refer people to this particular blog.

As of today (having received no hospital bills yet) we have spent $2,814. There you have it :)

All is well in the Hunter home. We are just doing the normal day to day and working to get Ava well. I'll post some updated video tomorrow so you can see her progress!

Thanks to all and keep praying!

15 comments:

  1. Josh, again I thank you for the updates. There is so little so many of us can do other than pray for healing and as fellow lovers of Jesus, we just naturally want to do more! Thank you for posting the banks' address and please know that any donations to you and your family are from the heart. I also pray that your new business will be a smashing success.

    And...........your sense of humor is terrific. Please remember that not only Ava is in our prayers but the whole family, doctors, etc...anyone who is involved. :)+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every day I am praying for a miracle Josh. I just wanted you to know. I miss seeing you around, but I think about you guys all the time. One day you will take Henry on a fox hunt with Isaac and Joey, and for that I am thankful. I am so glad we are friends. I will keep praying for Ava every time I think about how much I love Henry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope springs eternal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Down or up I am praying just the same. Both days will be present but I hope even more Christ will be even bigger. Praying for everything throughout the day. Wishing I could do more, but knowing this counts all the more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when you cry, we cry, when you feel hopeful, we rejoice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. I know you feel so helpless over Ava's diagnosis but she is so happy and bringing you joy and for that I rejoice with you.
    Keeping all of you at the throne of our God and pleading for a complete and perfect healing.
    If you have time google Sid Roth he has a show called its supernatural
    I think it will make you feel better
    Remember in this walk you are not alone Love you Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josh-
    I'm glad you mentioned the money issue. I thought about a fund raiser a while ago but didn't know if it was the right time to mention it.
    Glad to hear all is going well from day to day. I can't wait to see the video of Ava. Could you include Noah as well? Would love to see how he is doing and he a Ava interacting.
    I was afraid you were down when I checked the website yesterday and you hadn't given us an update. It's completely understandable.
    Still praying for a miracle that only our awesome God can perform.
    Jody Brinks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Josh

    Gotta be honest I read this and am so frustrated, to verge of pissed off. Several reasons, you and your family are good people and don't deserve this, unfortunately I don't have the financial capability I had 10 yrs ago and can't help you. That in itself really pisses me off.
    I keep praying that some super freakin wierd ass miracle will happen, and Ava will be healed completely and in 15 to 20 years instead of reading about the old man and brother and thier dream becoming a reality (Hunter Vision) we will be reading or watching something about the next Hunter Dream. Something that will take whatever to the next level.
    My prayers haven't been daily, but honestly have been full of fervent requests, i havent' changed how I pray, occassionally my a God have some terse words, it pisses me off that he would let this happen to good people who so faithfully follow him. Damn it, it really really F-ing sucks to tell the truth.
    But if you need anything that I am able to help with please ask.
    Your friend Jim Capobianco

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Josh, I found your blog from a friend I know in Orlando. Even though I never met you, Ava and your family, you all are in my thoughts and prayers. It helps to know what you are going through (good and bad) so we can know what to pray for. It breaks my heart to see children have to go through pain and for their families to have to bear the burden of not being able to help them. I can't imagine what you are going through but I'm praying for you the best I can every day. Your blog helps remind me to pray for you so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pray for Ava & your family daily. Miracles are real! I have been healed of cancer and Ava can be too! Acts 3:16!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Josh, I know it is totally and completely AKWARD to accept money from people. I have been there! lol. You have to change your mindset. The money isn't for you. This isn't a handout or charity. The money is for Ava. And every single dime is going to make her better in the end. When I started thinking that way, it's like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I started actually helping with the fundraisers that people were doing. Not saying you have to do that, but I am glad you are feeling a little less weird about the money thing. It's expensive and no one can do it completely alone financially. When we had to leave home and go to the hospital for 3 months 17 hours away, We went through almost $10,000 which was all of our savings. That left us $0 to focus on natural treatments. People did fundraisers for us that ended up in the many thousands. That paid for about 1/3 of the things we needed. When everyone stops sending $, you will still be paying for Ava's treatments for years to come. We are 2 years from diagnosis and we are still paying for treatments. We still have to pay for them for at least another 2 years. The thing is when your life stops, everyone else keeps going. The bills keep rolling in, the bills become larger because now you are forced to change your lifestyle. Your grocery bill doubles. People want to help Ava and they aren't thinking about weirdness. So why should you? Hope this helps :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing what you did around finances. Unfortunately, it is uber-expensive to fight this battle but God has given us the resources to be able to do so and you have lots of support within this community. The Hunter family has certainly 'paid it foward' - and then some. I imagine it's difficult to accept what you feel is charity but look at it as love from your supporters. We want to help, we don't have to help. So, thank you for posting this information.

    So happy to hear that Ava is having good days! She is never far from my thoughts. Speaking of which, I thought I read something about 'praying for Ava' bracelets - do they exist?!

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. the pray for ava bracelets do exist! If you want one you can send an email to plgable@aol.com (Lisa's mom) and she will send you one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just want to concur that you shouldn't feel awkward about money. Please know that people reading your blog feel helpless to help beyond prayer and wanting to do something. I mean really, many of us don't know you and I can't imagine you'd want us all knocking on your door insisting on helping in ways that might seem intrusive rather than helpful.

    When people give it is because the Holy Spirit is prompting them to give a gift financially or in other instances moving them to pray. It s a joy for many people to be able to do this when they feel helpless to do anything else.

    My son had medical bills last year that practically sent us to the poor house and he didn't have anything serious as Ava does. I second that Mom above that is encouraging you to just accept the blessing. People want to help you and this is going to be a long journey. Money is one burden you really don't need to add to it. After all, what each of us has at any given point is really the Lord's money. He's entrusted it to each of us to use to his glory. And what could be more glorious than the testimony your family is going to have over the healing we are believing and hoping for?

    May God Bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope and pray that Ava is feeling better and that she is healed of her cancer. I also pray for the success of your business. I pray that God guides you in all of the decisions that you make, including financial ones.

    ReplyDelete