The not good news was this... her tumor has grown and was blocking the flow of brain fluid which was the reason for the increased pressure. The docs are not hopeful at this point and have pledged their cooperation for anything we need from here forward. They do not expect Ava to make it 3 more months. While that news is terrible, we are still praying for a miracle. God is as capable now as he was when the tumor was smaller.
We are taking the next steps. Lisa and a friend will be taking Ava to a doctor this week (up north) who has had good success in treating GBM in kids. We just have to get her well enough to get there. The docs here expect that she will feel really great in the next few days because the pressure that has been building has been relieved. If she feels great, it will be a great trip.
Pray that the new therapy works. It really is the best effort that we can make. Lisa and I covet your prayers after yet, another rough day. We are hanging in there.
I do ask that any of you that live here don't visit the hospital. We love you, but there is a lot of chaos already. Just pray. We need it.
Praying!!!!!
ReplyDeleteJosh my heart sank while reading this. I don't know what to say other than I won't stop praying for a miracle for Ava. You are all in my thoughts and prayers constantly.
ReplyDeleteI keep the picture from your Christmas card right next to my computer at my new desk and pray for your sweet family lots!
ReplyDeletepraying!
ReplyDeletePraying
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for healing for Ava. Heavenly Father we pray for complete healing of precious Ava!!!
ReplyDeletePeace be with all of you!!!!!
ReplyDeletePraying...praying...praying!
We won't stop praying!
ReplyDeleteWe are praying.....and won't stop.....just know that....
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me but I wanted to let you know that there are and has been MANY daily prayers being sent up from South & Central Florida for your Ava.
ReplyDeleteJohn 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
I just read your post and am praying, praying and praying some more for Ava!
ReplyDeleteLord Jesus, you are the healer. Please show us a miracle today. We trust in you above all other opinions of our situations. We are praying constantly as it says to do in the Bible. If ever we need you, we need you now. Give us peace and hope in this situation precious Jesus. Show the world your mighty healing power over sweet little Ava Hunter. You have brought our community together in prayer for her so now I ask humbly to answer our prayers for her complete healing.
ReplyDeleteJosh...my family and I are praying for Ava to be healthy enough to travel and for this Doctor to be able to give you all a much better prognosis...know that love and prayers are being sent to your sweet little girl and we will choose to anticipate a miracle
ReplyDeleteThe Bible Study group that I attend at One Kingdom Fellowship prayed for Ava tonight as I stood in her place. We are all believing in God's healing power and a miracle for Ava!
ReplyDeletePrayers, love and hugs for all of you tonight <3 <3 <3 <3
Oh, Josh. We are so sorry. Please know we will continue to be on our knees, lifting Ava up to our Lord. May His peace cover you all.
ReplyDeleteAlways praying ... Always believing.
praying for a miracle for your little girl and for strength and wisdom for the rest of your family.
ReplyDeletePraying.. Start saying the bible versus I sent you from Dodie oLstein, she got a miracle and I was cured of a brain tumor. With faith in God , everything is possible.
ReplyDeletePraying for that miracle, "Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven"" no more pain, suffering or sorrow, every tear wiped away.." God is with you in each step of Ava's journey, turning your tears into laughter, and giving you joy unspeakable in the Lord, for this I pray.
ReplyDeleteLifting you all up in prayer and know HE is able!
ReplyDeletepraying!!!
ReplyDeleteOh gosh. Praying and crying at the same time. What a day!
ReplyDeleteLord, We come before you now
ReplyDeletein this time of illness
asking that you may be the source
of strength in body,
courage in spirit
and patience in pain.
Please give Ava's parents and family the courage, strength,comfort and endurance in this time of crisis. Lord, please bless the doctors and nurses who take care of Ava and give them the tools to cure this precious child.
Lord we pray for a miracle.
Amen
Don't even know what to say... Your strength through this whole thing has been amazing. I will continue to pray for God to keep you going for your little girl. Stay strong brother.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless Ava and your whole family. Praying for a miracle.
ReplyDeleteKeri
We have never met your daughter face to face, still our pillows are filled with tears. We have six children...and can imagine your pain. Our prayers are with Ava as if she were one of our own.
ReplyDeleteLove The Johnsons
There are no words. Although I don't know any of you personally, I am a mother of four girls and my heart aches for all of you. God is good, he never fails and he will guard Ava and your family through this true test of faith. She will be in my prayers always.
ReplyDeleteYou don't know us, but we are praying for Ava all the way from California!! Get better sweetheart!!!
ReplyDeleteLord Jesus, please Lord heal Ava Hunter!!!!
ReplyDeleteGod gave Ava the best parents she can ever have.As I pray my heart just cries out to the Lord that He have Mercy on her and all of you tonight as you make these decisions.Grace.
ReplyDeleteWe lay Little Ava at the feet of Jesus and ask Him to lift her into His healing arms and allow her to be the best testimony of His Love and Power. I am a miracle of God and know of His power to heal..I also want to pray for the peace that passes all understanding for family and friends...Love and prayers from Brownsburg IN
ReplyDeleteLike Lindsay said above, we too have six kids and cannot begin to imagine your pain as Ava's parents. I was so hoping for good news tonight, but my husband and I are instead weeping as if she were our own (fully aware though, that the grief and shock we feel at this news pales in comparison to what you & Lisa are experiencing). Know that we will continue to cry out on behalf of your precious girl, pleading for God to deal mercifully with your family. Wishing there was so much more we can do...
ReplyDeleteJosh- Our hearts are bleeding right now. My immediate & specific prayer will be that the Lord will heal Ava from the surgery & make her strong for the trip. May you all feel God's presence & may you feel His strength & His peace. The body of Christ will never give up on a miracle. We love you.
ReplyDeleteChase and I pray for Ava, yourself, Lisa and Noah every night. We want a mirical for Ava so very badly. Today when I was driving from one site to another down 17-92 I really tried as hard as I could to visualize and place myself in your shoes (something I know is impossible). I was so overcome. I prayed so sincerly today for Ava. This is just so hard for anyone to comprehend. You are right, God is not limited by time or what we perceive to be insurmountable. I pray tonight that Ava finds some relief with her shunt. I pray that you will love her hard and not hold back for any reason. Josh, Lisa, I am so sorry that this is happening and I want so very badly for God to heal Ava. I want it for Ava. I want it for you. I want it for your family. I want it to our Church. I want God to show his Glory and unleash it to show the world what he is capable of. A mirical. Dear Jesus, please we need it so very badly.
ReplyDeletePraying for a miracle!
ReplyDeleteDear Josh, I have recently started following your blog. What an amazing man, husband and Daddy you are! For whatever time our Heavenly Father allows your family to have on this earth, they are so incredibly blessed to have a Daddy/husband standing by their side who loves them so much.
ReplyDeleteLittle Ava is in the hands of the Master Physician. I pray He wraps His loving arms tightly around you all and that you feel His presence and that He is working on your behalf every single minute of every single day.
If you ever get a moment to yourself and need some extra encouragement, there is a book by Pastor Ron Mehl called, "God Works the Night Shift" that you might like to look at. I happened upon it several years ago and it is just such a great reminder of all of the things God is doing to work on our behalf 24 hours a day. I thought perhaps you would like to look at it.
Many prayers going up in Washington DC.
Love in Christ,
Jen
Praying that God will provide wisdom and knowledge to the doctors, nurses and those who are and will be taking care of precious Ava. That God will give strength to the families and God will have His perfect will in Ava's and your lives. Have faith in the Lord and believe that God will touch little Ava's life and work a miracle. Our children in Children's Church and Calvary Baptist Church congregation, our Missionaries notified and have been praying for Ava and your family since we first heard.
ReplyDeleteMy heart is hurting for you and your family. I really don't know what to say, except for we will be praying. We will be praying very hard for Ava. I feel like we are already family even though we havent even met. We love you guys! God loves you guys! Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteMy heart sank too as I read this. I can't imagine the turmoil you all must be going through.
ReplyDeleteTrust that the Lord is faithful to deliver. He is our shield, our strength, our fortress, our shelter. I believe that even now He is holding Ava and your family. I'll be praying for dear Ava.
To the entire Hunter family ~ I follow your blog daily Josh, I read it every morning and I am simply crushed. We are praying daily for Ava and your family!
ReplyDeleteMy heart just breaks reading this!! Praying the peace and love of God will sustain y’all during this time, and standing in the gap for you and praying for a miracle!!!
ReplyDeleteWords escape me right now...I am just crushed but I will never stop praying for a miracle for Ava. God is in control. May those four words bring you the peace that you need to keep going and fighting for Ava.
ReplyDeleteAlways praying...always believing...
Josh, Lisa, Noah, and sweet Ava,
ReplyDeleteWe are praying night and day. Praying in the Spirit that the Lord will intercede with groans that words can not express. You are so loved and will make it through this. You ALL are more then conquerers through Christ Jesus. We approach the throne of grace right now and ask by the healing power of Jesus that your blood Lord would cover Ava from head to toe and heal her of all this cancer. You are more then able. We trust you, we ask boldly for a miracle. We cry out to you Father. We know you hear us, please come quickly. In Jesus' name, AMEN.
Praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteAny other words are inadequate.
Praying for Ava and your whole family.
ReplyDeletePraying and crying To God on your behalf this morning. I have never met sweet Ava, but she is such a beautiful child of God and I want her to be completely healed and to live a long and happy life. May God bless you and your lovely wife and your two beautiful children. Your strength amazes me. Don't be afraid to cry. God hears you and loves you and loves Ava so much. I pray that you will feel His comfort and peace during this scary time.
ReplyDeleteLet us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.
ReplyDeleteHebrews 10:23
Hope, often taken for granted, is nothing more than rock-solid assurance that what God has said is true and will come to pass--even when there is nothing except His Word to back up said hope. Hope is not dependent on circumstances. Seeing is not believing. Hoping is believing! Hope is the confidence that wells up as a result of our believing God.
We are hopeful!
Just checking to see if you decided to write on mornings too :)
ReplyDeleteI hope all our last night prayers were answered and Ava and all of you had a good night in God's mercy!
Have a great blessed day!
Loving you all!
Praying and claiming her healing in the name of Jesus!
ReplyDeleteThis brings tears to my eyes! I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. I pray that you all keep your faith and regain some strength. Ava needs you to be strong :) God Bless.
ReplyDeleteNot sure where "up north" you mean. We live in the Durham Chapel Hill area and I know there is a good chance you mean here with lot's of hosp. If so, please let me know, our home can be your home as long as you need. My church family, your church family. A bit random but I want to extend anything you need if you happen to be coming to this area!! Praying without ceasing Hunter Family! Jenny DeLoach Schiralli
ReplyDelete352-284-3422
I'm praying for you and your precious child of Gods! Praying for a complete miracle to heal her body. Our God who heals loves her and is with her every step a long the way!
ReplyDeletePraying for precious Ava and your whole family.
ReplyDeletePraying. Continually praying. Dave and Kathy
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks for your family. Please know that there are so many people that you are not even aware of, that are paying for Ava. We will continue to keep Ava and all of you in our prayers.
ReplyDeletePraying! Constantly!
ReplyDeleteSending constant prayers for Ava and for your whole family. Stay strong sweet girl <3
ReplyDeletePraying for Ava's miracle every day!
ReplyDeleteI don't know you, but I've been following your blog for awhile and thinking and praying for Ava daily. I know this will sound strange, but last night while watching the discovery channel, they were doing a segment on scorpion venom used in healing those suffering with glioblastoma tumors. I had chills as I watched this show, knowing that there must be a reason that I was seeing it......so I could send it to you. I know it sounds very strange, but if it were my daughter, I would go to any length to help her, and from what I saw on this show, the venom from the scorpions drastically shrunk the tumors in all of the patients and even cured some of them altogether. I posted a link below. You can also do a search to find the "Nature" program that aired last night for more details. It's worth a shot.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.ehow.com/about_6554651_scorpion-venom-glioblastoma.html
Your sweet little Ava is in my prayers, as is the rest of your family. I pray for complete healing for Ava and daily wisdom, strength, and peace for you, Lisa, and Noah. God bless all of you.
ReplyDeletePraying without ceasing for Ava and all of you.
ReplyDeletePraying through my tears.....
ReplyDeleteThank you, Josh, for posting your daily journey through the unknown, for sharing it with us all, and for enabling us to know you and your amazing wife Lisa:) There are no words beautiful enough to describe your sweet Ava.... Except the ones that pour out of your heart on this page. Praying for you all.....
Praying hard!!!
ReplyDeleteMuch love and blessings heading your way. There is a great holistic doctor in Orlando who has amazing results with cancer patients. Excelsior Health on Sand Lake. It's worth your time to check them out.
ReplyDeleteDEAR JOSH, I AM A NORHLANDER WHO HAS BEEN FOLLOWING YOUR STORY FROM THE BEGINNING. MY HUSBAND AND I CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR AVA AND YOUR FAMILY. ALTHOUGH MY HEART HURTS FOR YOU, I KNOW GOD CAN DO ANYTHING AND WILL LEAD YOU TO THE ANSWER. PLEASE KNOW OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS WILL BE WITH YOU, LISA, BRAVE NOAH, AND SWEET, PRECIOUS AVA DURING THIS TRIAL IN YOUR LIVES. WE WILL NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT!!! MAY GOD KEEP YOUR FAMILY SAFE IN THE PALM OF HIS HAND WHICH IS LARGER THAN ANY DISEASE. GOD BE WITH ALL OF YOU. WE LOVE YOU.
ReplyDeleteI read about your precious Ava from a friend of yours asking for prayers on your behalf on another internet forum. My heart breaks for your family and for precious little Ava. Your faith and outlook are amazing! God loves us and longs to bless us. The trials he sends our way, though difficult, are meant to make us stronger. I believe that our Heavenly Father is a God of miracles and I am praying for your sweet Ava. May God bless you during this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for your sweet family...and for God's grace...I love you Ava!!!
ReplyDeleteWe just want you to know that while you don't know us from Adam, we pray for Ava daily.
ReplyDeleteWe have 4 kids...9,5,4 and 4 who are committed to praying for Ava and talk about her often.
Just wanted to share today's prayers w/ you:
Midge (4): Jesus, please make Ava grow to a grown up with no sickness ever again ever, please take it all away so that she can be a grown up.
Haddie (4): Dear Jesus, please help Ava to walk, and please help her mommy and daddy and please take away Ava's sickness so that it will never come back again and she will never have to go to the hospital again and she can walk. Make her tumor shrink and never come back again so that she can walk.
(Haddie has Cerebral Palsy and was overjoyed to watch the video of Ava walking. Haddie is learning to walk herself)
Our kids have watched Ava's videos and consider her a friend and are praying for her as if she is the best of friends.
James 5 says the effective prayers of a righteous man accomplish much. I don't pretend to understand the theology of James and I am convinced the book of James probably stumps me more than any other scriptures. I will say though, that the 6 of us will continue to go before the Lord daily, as men (women and children) made righteous by the blood of Christ, committed to knowing and serving Him and humbly asking that He hear our prayers on behalf of Ava and heal her completely.
Praying for you guys as well.
In Him,
Scott
Praying daily for you, your family and, of course, for your dear sweet Ava!
ReplyDeleteSending many prayers to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteWhile I battle "worry," I am praying for my family and for your family and for Ava - and lift it all to our great God. When You are awake at night, I am probably awake to - and praying with you.
ReplyDeleteI'M A NORTHLANDER & PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE FOR LITTLE SWEET AVA..THROUGH MY TEARS I PRAY FOR AVA TO BE HEALED COMPLETELY...GOD IS GOOD & WE THANK YOU FOR BEING SUCH WONDERFUL PARENTS & BROTHER DURING THIS HARD TIME...PLEASE GOD HEAL AVA & TAKE CARE OF THE HUNTER FAMILY....
ReplyDeleteI don't know you, but found out about your blog from a friend of a friend's blog. I am praying for your sweet baby girl...and I am praying BIG. I expect miracles!
ReplyDeleteGracious Heavenly Father...Our hearts pour out in supplication for you to bring healing to this precious child of yours. Give strength to all of the family and may they all be comforted in knowing that you are, and always will be, in total control. Thank you for hearing our prayers. In your Son's strong name. Amen
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks for you all - cannot imagine the pain you feel . . . praying all day for Ava.
ReplyDeleteWhen I shared Ava's story with my daughter today - she, a new mom, stated this, "Mom, she needs breast milk!" We have been amazed at the qualities of God's provision for babies - breast milk. It has healing properties for sure, and has been documented to heal some cancer stories. I said, "How?" And she told me that your wife would be able to pump and produce even without being pregnant! It sounds extremely far-fetched, but if I were in your shoes - I would want to try anything and everything. As a sister in Christ - we are praying for you all.
Josh-
ReplyDeleteI'm still praying for the miracle that only our loving Heavenly Father can give you.
I'm praying for healing, strength, wisdom and for God to hold you all in His loving arms. Also that Ava will be well enough to travel so she can get some help. Never give up and hold on tight to our Lord and Savior. God loves each and every one of you, never forget that, please.
Jody
As you and Noah hold down the fort, as Mom takes Ava to see this specialist - I pray specifically for this Physician to see the extraordinary strength in little Ava to surmount this and be a testament to the one who redeems us. I work for Physicians, I see God's miracles daily. I pray she - specifically - is seeking Him in every move as her sanctuary, her place of rest, as she fights this insidious disease. I pray that her family is buoyed by our tears, prayers and resolve as you wend your ways through this desert - a prognosis of 3 months is perhaps a reality, perhaps not. I keep harkening to His promise of all the lovely presents in heaven awaiting us - if - we stay on our knees. Our God is a mighty God and loves us deeply. You & I both know the answered prayers He gives us daily.
ReplyDeleteCling to Him, cling to your Wife and cling to your Son. After all, these are the important people in our lives this side of heaven. This is all so scary as we absorb it but then He takes us to another level of peace and understanding where we reach out to Him to carry us all the way in.
I recall one of your Dad's sermons about a year ago, and I don't recall why I remember your Daughter's name surrounding the story, but I do, you guys had rented a boat? were leaving shore and everyone was afraid of something - except this little girl named Ava, she impressed your Dad for her strengh, stamina and sheer approach to life - unafraid. As I said last night in my blog to you, we learn so much from our children. I sense you and your wife so broken with yesterday's prognosis - there will be time later for brokenness if that is warrented - for now - that little angel needs your eyes to say to her - Hunter's don't quit - we are in this together and we are your cheering squad our God is a strong and mighty God who loves us so.
Hey Josh, lisa, Noah and Ava,
ReplyDeleteI am praying for you guys! Please know that We Serve and love a God who is bigger than us and everything. He can do mircles. Don't believe when those doctors say sweet Ava only has less than 3 months to live. She will live FOREVER!!!! I am praying that Jesus will take that cancer out of the head and that she will be even stronger than she was before the cancer came. I am also praying for Noah! Please don't forget that Jesus already knows everything! Love you all. And i am praying for you all!
We are here and are praying!!
ReplyDeleteYou are not alone!
May God show His presence to all of you in these difficult times...Amem.
I don't know you and your family, but my heart aches for you. Please know that people far and wide are praying to our Heavenly Father for a miracle for Ava. God Bless.
ReplyDeleteJosh,
ReplyDeleteI am praying through tears and a hurting heart. I KNOW our God is a merciful God and can hear our prayers and pleadings. I pray for healing for precious Ava and peace and comfort for all of the family as you go through this trying time. Your family has been in my thoughts and prayers since the beginning. The Northland family is our family!!! Please know how much the Hunter family is loved by God and by us!
God loves you ALL! God loves Ava! Praying for you ALL!
ReplyDeletePraying for you! Your faith is strong. I love how you always say that it is His plan....so true. That means pure faith...and you have it. His plan is at work whether it means for Ava to be healed on earth or in heaven. Sweet girl. I pray for no pain and happy days with your baby girl!
ReplyDeleteYour family is in my prayers. I hope that God heals Ava and she gets stronger every day...
ReplyDeleteJosh and Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to let you know that I have been praying and thinking about you both and Ava since I met you and I got a brief update from my aunt that attends summit about Ava. I was not working last week and missed you all, but I decided to try and see if there was some way to let you know that you all truly have been in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that everything goes well up north and I know that God is watching over all of you.
Allison (nurse at APH)
alliec5@aol.com