Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Headaches suck.

I had one last night and so did Ava. Luckily, Lisa didn't have one. Ava is feeling bad now. She's not keeping much food or water down, so it looks like we may be making a run to get her some IV fluids later this morning. She keeps going back and forth between headaches and vomiting. It's not fun at all. Pray that she will get back to feeling better today.

25 comments:

  1. Praying now. Trusting God to carry Ava, Lisa and each of you through this morning. Know that others are praying with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying For Ava in a very special way today and for you all. Trusting this will be a better day...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying this morning....hard. and using the word crap because God can handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying as hard and as often as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You don't know me I live in Knoxville, TN., but my very dear friend in Christ, Debbie Gee, send me a post about Ava Hunter a few months ago. I printed it and have it posted in front of me as a constant reminder of how blessed I am. I am a grandmother of a little 6 year old, 5 year old and 14 yr old. I can not imagine what it would be like to be in your position, but I DO KNOW we serve a mighty God! Your entire family are in my prayers every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you! We have some others doing the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am praying for your daughter and family and want to tell you how important Northland Church was to our family over 14 yrs ago when we faced cancer with our oldest son, then 18 yrs old, a senior in high school. After receiving the diognosis, Michael asked his brothers, his father and myself to go with him to Monday night service. It was the first time I had been there. I will never forget the singers singing "Sweet Lamb of God" Not sure if that was the title....but those were the words. And those words imediately reached into my heart and connected my brain and tear ducts all in one swoop...and I saw my son as that little lamb. Anyway, Northland was there for us in too many ways to list. His type of cancer was for many before him, a very terminal type. He survived and is surviving almost 15 yrs later. I have moved away from Orlando, but am praying for Ava. This morning I was watching the Bonnie Hunt show...probably you will hear this from many people...but there was a young man on her show. His name is P J Lukac. He was studying to be a Doctor, when he found out he had brain cancer. Now, I know enough from my own son's cancer that just because it is in a particular organ it is not necessarily the same type of cancer that another person had in that same organ....so he may not have the same type.I am sure you are like I was....sometimes different medical institutes don't connect with their research...so I searched for everything I could do or find out. See if you can watch the aug 18th show. He went to work doing research on brain cancer, working in a lab that is making strides. Take care of yourself. God Bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dallas and I continue to pray for Ava, Josh, as well as for you, Lisa and Noah.

    Bob Creson
    Wycliffe Bible Translators

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you don't know me, but an awesome family we met in Guatemala while adopting our beautiful baby girl (Garry & Abbie Abbott)sent us a message about sweet Ava as soon as it all came about. Even though I've never met your family, I feel like your close friends. I read your blog each night and continue to pray each & every day. Our God is amazing and miracles happen!!! May God contine to bless your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so sorry, and hoping she has a better day tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am praying so hard for Ava and you and Noah and Lisa and the whole clan today!! God is definitely doing miracles just as He always has and I'm claiming one for Ava! My heart aches for her and you all especially today! I hate the bad days and will give my day to deep prayer for Ava and all of you!! Hang on!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys don't know me but I go to Northland and I just want you to know I pray for you guys. Keep being strong...

    ReplyDelete
  13. praying with my whole heart. trusting and asking for God to intervene and be near. much love, carey

    ReplyDelete
  14. You don't know me, but I became aware of Ava's journey on Facebook. I have been following your blog ever since and praying daily for all of you. The Lord has you in his hands and is guiding you, trust that always. May you feel His hands on you and know that everything will be ok. Praying for those crappy headaches to go away and for Ava to feel better starting TODAY. You all continue to inspire me with your faith, honesty, and strength. Sending you peace and love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope and pray that you all are having a much better day by now....
    I prayed that Ava's vomiting was her body expelling all the crap...
    Hang in there! You are never alone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joining so many others in prayer for your famiy!
    ~Kelli King Bock & Family~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Josh, your names are posted on my prayer wall at home and I continue to pray for you, Lisa, Noah and Ava and your families every day! Asking God to make the ending of today better than the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So Sorry to hear this - we are definitely praying! I read this today in a newsletter and it made me think of Ava and I wanted to share: Faith does not panic, but realizes that what looks like devastating circumstances may be God's plan to bring glory to Himself by demonstrating His power. When Jesus appeared on the water to the disciples in the middle of the night, they exclaimed, "It's a ghost!" (see Mt. 14:26) First appearances can bring great fear upon us even to the point of paralyzing us. Find the Lord in your circumstance today. Exercise your faith today and trust Him for His outcome in the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying for courageous faith. Today i burst into tears driving to work thinking/praying about Ava even though i have never met her- it was around the time you posted your blog - I was so not focused on driving i went to the wrong place for work. Anyway, God is placing your family on so many hearts so hang on.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Josh-
    God has His hand on her. I'm praying she will feel better SOON. He has His hand on all of you. Don't let go......hang on no matter how difficult.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  21. I too am a parent and as you and your wife do, adore my three children. I am so sorry that your family is being faced with this very difficult journey. I am praying daily for God to bring His comfort to Ava and to all of your family. Please Dearest Lord send peace to this family and give guidance to all of the doctors and nurses whom are caring for your precious child.

    ReplyDelete
  22. When I read your blog yesterday I began to pray again for Ava and your entire family. I can only imagine what you are feeling and I pray that you are somehow comforted knowing countless people around the world are with Ava, you, Lisa, Noah and the rest of the Hunter family in this. May God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. May God bless your little angel... I have a three year old daughter named Ava. I pray for your Ava, with tears and passion that the Lord's will is a healthy recovery for her...

    Your surrounded by a great family both of heaven and earth; two excellent deliverers of the Lord's Word. God bless your entire family.

    ReplyDelete