Monday, August 23, 2010

We're home

That's good stuff. It's nice to be home. However, I'm a bit on edge. Ava had her first little headache tonight, since the shunt. Of course it was after we got home and there is no one around to ask about it... She fell back asleep, but it shook Lisa and I a little bit.

We continue to ask for your prayers. We are praying big and understanding where we are right now, too. We need one amazing miracle. Pray Ava gets well enough to take the next step.

We have a doc appointment Wednesday to clear her for travel. Pray she is healthy enough. That is priority one.

Short one tonight. I am going to attempt some rest.

31 comments:

  1. Josh & Lisa-
    Have a restful, blessed night. God's got you all in His hands.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for night filled with rest, and a report better than what is needed to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a restful night! We are here praying for all of you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for that next step knowing that our loving Lord hears.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh and Lisa,
    Praying that you will have a restful night. Trust all works well for the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh, Lisa and family

    We love you and are praying for a super restful night for all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rest well Josh and Lisa and Ava ... you are in our prayers ... God is looking after all of you and holding you in His hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending you love and prayers.
    Kim and Tom Cannold

    ReplyDelete
  9. Father God, wrap this family in a sense of peace that surpasses all understanding. Give everyone rest. Hold worry outside the door of their home. Allow them to embrace the beauty of each moment. We beseach you Lord to prepare Ava and her lovely mommy for travel. Give them exactly what they need as they need it. Amen
    Sue Schutz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rest...............Praying for your travels on wed.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying that you all had a peaceful and restorative nights sleep. Praying for a great day today and that God takes his healing hand and places it on Ava!!

    Healing,peace,strength and comfort for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying for the unknown road ahead....that God gives you exactly what you need for each day...for the doctor to get rid of the "crap"...for Noah...for Ava's headaches...complete healing. You both are amazing and continue to inspire.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Josh,

    Many days have passed since our days of little league...Life's gravity is really weighing in. My heart hurts for you all...Know that my family and I are praying for your family along with the many other warriors out there. You may or may not know my dad has been battling GBM for 26 months. Though you may be numb from all this like we've been at times, know that YOU ARE LOVED. Mike Akerson

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying Christian Family in NCAugust 24, 2010 at 9:09 AM

    Praying for your family and the miracle only God can supply. We will keep lifting you all up to the throne every day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Josh, I'm a friend of someone who attends Summit. Our family is praying for yours. We have laid down the facts to the kids and they are praying for every aspect of this situation that they can think of. We will continue to quietly check in every day or two to hear what God is doing in the midst of this. God is big and knows all.

    Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Josh and family;
    I have only attended Northland 6 weeks in a row now, but hearing your father's heart ache for you and little Ava has stirred my heart. more importantly it has stirred THE Father's heart and His ears are listening to each of your cry's. His heart aches as yours does for His little girl. Ps 56 states that he hold our tears in a jar in heaven.
    We are also crying out in your behalf, and tho I have never met you or your family, feel close in Christ. Please know that God wakes me up with Avas name, and I am faithful to plead in her behalf. It is my honor as a sister in Christ. Be blessed in His peace and let us carress you with our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are with you on this journey...crying, praying, and believing that God has Ava in His hand, and is guiding you through this season. Thank you for continuing to allow us to be a part of what God is doing. Praying for a miracle, continually....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praying for a radical miracle of complete healing. The Lord continues to keep you in my thoughts and I will continue to pray every single time He does. Praying for NO HEADACHE today and for a clear report for travel tomorrow. Sending you all so much love in Christ.
    Warmly,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Josh and family,
    I know I do not know you personally, but your father has been my pastor for years, your mother was my biology teacher years ago, and Joel is an old friend and schoolmate of mine. I have been following your story and sharing it and praying for you. I can tell you are feeling a bit worn down at the moment through your words. I just wanted to tell you how amazingly inspiring you have been through all of this...your strength and unwavering faith in God to carry you all through this has been a huge testament to everyone who reads your blog. Now more than ever I can assure you that your army of prayer warriors are lifting you and your entire family and everyone helping with Ava's treatment up, asking for God's divine intervention. I pray you were able to get some rest, I pray Ava's headaches stay away and I pray for continued strength to help your family as you all cope with this situation.

    Remember that whatever happens, God will carry you through. Sending love, warm thoughts and wishes and fervent prayer for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Praying for N.J. to be a reality! Beliving God will grant AVA'S complete healing. Your faith is enviable. Stay strong we love you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your story has traveled to Port St. Joe Florida and my heart goes out to your family. I have (3) children and one being a 4-year old daughter so, I completely understand the love you have for your children. What is so amazing is that God loves us the very same way. I can't tell you that I know what your going through, but I can tell you that I stand in prayer with your family. I heard something on the radio the other day and I've held those words close by, "God wants you to be at peace because he has you right where he wants you and he will guide you every step of the way."
    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  22. im praying that she will be well enough to travel so she could get THE BEST TREATMENT EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Praying for your family as you look forward to God's leading in the next step.
    Jean & Lothair Irvin (1st cousin of Becky & Mark)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Josh, tons of prayer coming your way. And just to let you know, when I was in Malawi on the Summit trip, 7/27-8/6, our 20-person group was constantly praying for Ava - half way around the world, your little girl was being lifted up to God.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hunters,

    Im praying that God will heal Ava!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Praying for you and yours every day...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pleading the Blood of Jesus over your family for healing, travel, whatever is needed.

    ReplyDelete
  28. SHARON (TANIS'S MOM)August 28, 2010 at 9:30 AM

    SHARON (TANIS'S MOM)...

    SINCE TANIS HAS BEEN AVA'S NURSE FROM DAY ONE, WE FEEL LIKE FAMILY. EVERYWHERE I GO I ASK STRANGERS WHO ARE CHRISTIANS TO PRAY FOR AVA AND THE FAMILY. JESUS KNOWS WHAT WE NEED AND WHEN WE NEED IT. KEEP THE FAITH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are such an inspiration to our family. You are going through what I think is the worst possible thing and you and your family have shown such great faith and love in God. You make God proud and make me want to be a better Christian.
    I pray for answered prayers for you and your wonderful family as we love all of you so much.
    May God continue to bless you through this difficult time.
    Karen Bultemeier

    ReplyDelete