Sunday, August 8, 2010

Game Night.

Noah is finishing up mowing the yard. He's 12, so it's his job. He's not a huge fan of having a job, but no one is at 12. I'm proud that he does it anyway. He is a great kid.

We are going to finish the lay around day with a family game night. I'm sure we'll play some Candyland and other games that I will lose, but the kids will love it.

Ava is doing well today and had no headaches today after having them the last 3 days. Thanks for the prayers, that is really awesome. They weren't bad before, but they were enough to be annoying to her and concerning to Lis and I.

Tomorrow starts week 2 at Hunter Vision. Keep praying for Hunter Vision too. It's bizarre to be starting a business under these circumstances, but again, I know that God has us right here for a reason. The Hunter Vision team has been incredibly supportive and all of them have gone above and beyond...especially Katie Romano. She is our Clinic Director and took the brunt of the workload for the last month so that I could be with my family. Lisa and I will never be able to thank her and her husband, Shawn for such an incredible and timely gift.

Lisa just keeps trucking along and being amazing. We'll know more about Ava in a few weeks when we take her to get a "baseline" check up. That will tell us basically where we are starting from. I think it includes an MRI and some basic motor skills checks so that the docs can monitor her progress. I'll keep you in the loop as that comes up.

Thanks again for all of your prayers. They matter.

11 comments:

  1. the prayers will continue......you can be sure of that. :)+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still praying and Alice kissed the screen when I showed her Ava today :) The love of children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh and family,

    Prayers as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to win atleast one game. Covering you all with my love and prayers. Hope you have a very very busy week at work and get to enjoy every minute of it.
    Your dad had stars in his eyes as he told us how well he can see the stars in the sky!!
    Glad Ava had no headache and Noah can mow, little gifts to remind us of the One who keeps a count of the hair on our head.Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lord for removing those headaches. May "good reports" follow, and may you grace this family "everything they need" one day at a time according to your promise in Christ Jesus, to Glory God, while blessing the body of Christ, and all they meet in their journey of life, "on earth as it is in heaven."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray for Ava and your family every morning and other times when thoughts of you just cross my mind. Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so incredibly crazy how similar your path is to ours. My husband started his business in the worst economy also during the time Katlin was very sick. I am sure the business will do better than you could have ever imagined! Still praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your family has been on our hearts. We have never met - but we pray for your family and sweet Ava daily. The Lord has also placed your family on the hearts of our neighbors. Our neighbors are currently in NC at Duke awaiting surgery to remove a brain tumor. They just sent me a text and feel that the Lord has laid you on their hearts for a reason. They are very confident in their doctor - Dr. Takanori Fukushima. Google him - he is top rated in the world. If you have not already contacted this doctor - they feel the Lord tugging them to give you his information --- he may be a good resource and may be able to look at your situation. Please contact me at kfulmer@cfl.rr.com for cell phone numbers of our neighbors - who would love to share their story and doctor info with you. Blessings, KF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayer has become for all of you just like breathing! I couldn't stop even if I wanted to!! Hunter Vision and Ava will both be miracles!!

    ReplyDelete