Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Blah.

Today was not fun. Ava woke up with headaches last night and it scares the crap out of Lisa and I every time. She was pretty good today for most of the day, but then had a slight headache as she went to bed tonight. I just want her to not hurt. That's all. My goals are small right now. I need to be reminded of how big God is because this stupid tumor feels big right now.

Lisa and I covet your prayers. Pray for no headaches. Pray for the tumor to be completely gone. Pray that Lisa and I will stay positive and strong. Pray that Ava lives healthy until she is 85 or Jesus comes back (which ever one comes first is fine by me).

That is what I pray.

Thanks for hanging in there with us on the long road. It's only been 6 weeks and today it feels like 6 years.

On a bright note...Noah had a great first day at school and got his first email address as a step toward becoming a teenager...he was ready to sign up for it the second I walked in the door from work. He had a great day. So, I should not be too quick to discount what God is doing outside of Ava's world. He is still here and still taking care of us.

I just think today that Noah was the only one who could see it.

19 comments:

  1. Continue prayers for Ava and you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the down dip today. I'll be praying for healing, peace and more peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for the end of Ava's headaches, her complete healing, more awesome days for Noah and the Lord's peace for all of you in Jesus' name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying, Praying, Praying!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying that her headaches go away. May God be closer to you than he ever has to give you peace and comfort knowing that he is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying so much for your family...will pray a little harder tonight for Ava and her headaches and for God to give you and Lisa strength and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You haven't left our thoughts or prayers!!! We are still on our knees! Thanks for keeping us posted! Amy Geary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lifting you up! I am so thankful for your honesty :> Noah got an early start to the school year, didn't he? Did Ava miss not being able to go with him as planned? One of my favorite verses in Proverbs says that "We can make our plans, but the final outcome is in God's hands." I so understand what you are saying when you pour your heart out, and know that God does, too. I can't even imagine the situation you are in, but believe that God is giving you this because He knows you are ready for this challenge. In a twisted way (to our understanding, at least), it is an honor to be chosen for this. Because our understanding is so limited, though, I know that it just makes you want to scream in rage - "WHY?!?!". I don't know, except that I can already see God using this situation for His good. I was just reminded that your Dad actually preached on that earlier this past year. I thank God for your faith, because I know that you wouldn't survive without it, and thank God for the people who helped to instill it in you. I hope Ava lives for 85 years or until Jesus comes back, too, because I have never been fond of death, even with the promise of heaven, because I guess I've never been able to understand it really. My 6 year old girl, though, gets it, I think.....When I told her after the diagnosis that Ava might go to heaven and that would make her mommy and daddy really sad, she got all excited and said, "You mean she's going to go get to play with Jesus? I want to go, too!" It reminded me so much about how we are to have a child-like faith. I love your blog and totally agree with what you said once about God teaching us through children. All of you are holding a special place in my heart. I hope you feel better in the morning. Jenny Lehn Denning

    ReplyDelete
  9. May all of us come together as one body in Christ & pray this over & over & over: " We rebuke Ava's headaches & any cell of tumor, in the name of Jesus." We thank you Lord, because we know it's being done. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just listened to your Dad's sermon for Sunday and we so appreciate that we are family and that we can listen to your concerns for Ava and pray along with you.
    So happy that Noah had a good 1st day of school and that he is excited about that...we are praying and will pray specifically for all of your requests especially that the headaches and tumor would just be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh.. the difficult days..I saw the picture of Noah today going to 6th grade. Another milestone for him. For you. He is growing up before your eyes, while we pray that you will have the same priveledge with Ava. It is by faith that we ask the Father for divine intervention and His healing hands on Ava. Strengthen the family through your Spirit so that each member of the family will see and hear your guidance and wisdom. Thank you for hearing our requests. Josh and Lisa I will continue praying as I have been for Ava to be headache free. Cindy Lehn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Josh with you in heart, mind, and prayers. Do not fear, loose heart or be discouraged, for "He who has promised is faithful." God is always at work "His promises to perform" Romans 4:21 May He answer all your prayers.

    Thankful for Noah's good day, and good report.

    Praying you can enter his rest, may grace abound to meet your every need.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As your family walks along and looks behind there is only one set of footprints in the sand and they belong to Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Josh and Lisa, I believe in a God who still performs miracles . . . Continuing to pray daily for Ava's quick and COMPLETE healing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hoping and praying for a better day on THursday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Josh & Lisa-
    I'm sure you're ready to get off this emotional rollercoaster you're on. I'm so sorry for what you are all going through as a family right now. I continue to pray daily for you all. I'm glad Noah had a good day @ school. I pray for support from his friends in all that is happening. My heart breaks for Ava and her headaches. As an adult I suffer from migraines and it's not fun, I can only imagine her pain and confusion about it all. I have a whooper of a migraine today.....maybe I'm taking some of her pain too, that would be fine with me as I want her to be pain free. I hope she has a good day today.
    Hold on to The Lord. Some days he feels near and others not so much, I know. Crawl into his loving arms when you need to.......He will gladly take you and comfort you.
    Hold on tight. Don't hold things in, let the emotions out when appropriate. It helps, believe me. I'm here for the long haul if that's Ok with you.
    Always praying-
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying daily for Ava. She is always on our hearts and in our prayers. Kathy and Dave

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praying daily for Ava, Noah, Lisa and you as well as for your extended family. I wear my "pray for Ava" bracelet daily and share her story with those who ask. As you know, many, many people are holding you up in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying several times a day for Ava. There is no way Satan can prevail in his plan with so many people petitioning the throne for Ava's miracle. Praying that Ava's immune system is chewing up any remaining gbm cells and praying the headaches are simply healing-aches as god puts all things right int there. Seriously...it HAD to hurt at least a little when the lame man was healed. For bone and tissue to be rebuilt, reconfigured, restored it had to hurt. I watched the 'no pain, no gain' video you posted a week or so ago of Ava walking and totally rejoiced. I declare the headaches are healing-aches in the name of Christ. Oh, and tell Ava that I think she is the cutest, sweetest little princess in the world! If I had a little girl (I have all boys) I would want her to be as cute and sweet and funny as your little Ava. I look forward to meeting her at the "Ava-is-healed!" party I'm sure you will throw one day to celebrate the miracle God will do in her. Keep the faith and believe...God is working!

    ReplyDelete