God is watching over us. I felt it today for sure. There was nothing overly significant about today, but I knew He was with me all day. I wasn't worried about Ava. I wasn't worried about Hunter Vision. I wasn't worried about money. I spent all day today knowing that He has all those things in His hands and I don't need to fret about any of them. Some days that is easy to do...other days I write super heavy, sad blogs.
For today, I am content living in the moment. We all played wii bowling tonight as a family. I got smoked, but was glad to be doing something fun together. I made Ava laugh tonight as I told her stories of my good friend, Benjamin Needlebutts. I make up stories around bed time often and have told her of many false adventures. She loves it. Especially if it has the word "butt" in it. It is great to hear her laugh.
All is well in our home today. Lots of big days ahead, but that goes for all of you. Every day matters. Live it as if it were the last.
Today was awesome.
Josh, I don't know if you remember me from youth group in high school, but this is Carissa Bragg (now Mastry). I heard about Ava through Anne Storms. I wanted to let you know that I am praying for her and your entire family. I will spread the word. Thanks for blogging I will look forward to the updates.
ReplyDeleteHalleluiah - - - AMEN!!
ReplyDeleteJosh, Lisa, Noah and Ava, I love hearing about 'nothing' days for your family. I remain hopeful and praying for all of you guys!
ReplyDeleteYeah for today! Here is something I read today and I thought of you all immediately! Romans 4:19-21....
ReplyDeleteAbraham looked squarely at the facts yet did not waver in his view of the future. So many times we either do not face the reality of the situation we are in and go into a blind optimism, or we get so caught up in our current situation that we become a pessimist. But God has the power to deliver us and Abraham stands as a witness on how to believe God in the midst of our life situations.
I love how Ava said your little saying is so 1970. That is hilarious! Does she think the 1970's are old??? That is when I was born! Haha! Love her character and her cute little disposition. She is a fighter I can tell.
I am glad you finally learned to trust in the Lord and not worry. God wants us to enjoy every moment of our life. I know, I have been through a brain tumor and every day is so precious enjoying it with my family. God bless your family.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful it is when GOD blesses with the mundane,I am sure you feel like you can float for awhile and get charged.
ReplyDeleteI just love reading all the comments to your blogs Strong people out there! Feel like Elijah finding out there were all these faithful priests while he hid in the cave.
Great News for today and that is all God gives each one of us.
Sleep well my sweet family love Grace.
Praise God for a good day! Kids and the word butt...I thought it was just mine for a while but it's all of them :) I'm praying for a great weekend for your family. I hope the first week of Hunter Vision was a great success!
ReplyDeleteAlways praying...always believing...
Great to hear!
ReplyDeleteI called myself to make sure this information is correct. I wanted to make sure you know about this program because I believe it may cover many of Ava's medical/therapy expenses. It is hard to type this all out on your blog page but you can feel free to email me if I can add more info or clarification: NotefrmSue@aol.com
ReplyDeleteMy son was under 3 so he used Early Steps to have some of his therapy covered. When a child has large medical bills in the state of Florida due to an illness, or other issue there is a program called Children's Medical Services. It is for Children such as Ava and does cover things like therapy. To get covered you first have to apply at healthykids.org for the insurance program (click apply now). When you get past the portion of the application where you enter information about your children, then there are 3 questions. These questions trigger the application to be sent to Children's Medical Services which covers children in serious situations such as Ava. Even if the application doesn't look like it fits you, I would really encourage you to check this out. I have heard of families surgeries, therapy, etc all being covered if they were eligible for the services. As you may already know therapy itself can cost almost $100 an hour. Although you do provide financial information on the application all children in Florida are eligible if they meet the criteria. So many parents (myself included) aren't aware of the help that is out there and they bury themselves under huge medical bills. I hope this can help you.
God Bless,
Sue Schutz
Thank you for reminding us just how precious a gift each day is, Josh! You minister to us as we pray for your blessed family!! WOW! God is so marvelous! Love all your blogs!!
ReplyDeleteI got my "Pray for Ava" bracelet yesterday and I wanted to let you know how thankful I am for it. Every time I look at it, I pray for Ava and your family. This little bracelet has brought me closer to God because I feel like I am in constant prayer now! Thank you! Am so glad to get to meet you on Tuesday when I have my eye exam. Praying you have an entire weekend like yesterday was!
ReplyDelete"Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." Phil.4:7
ReplyDeleteSo very happy for you and praying with you.
Was a pleasure to watch the video yesterday! Praising God! So thankful to know you feel His presence. Just wanted to comment so that the whole family knows people are still reading, still praying, and still praising God.
ReplyDelete