Friday, August 27, 2010

A few thoughts tonight:

I have been asked a few questions that come up frequently by those of you who read my blog. I thought I would take a bit of time and answer them so you can know what's up. I appreciate all of the prayer and thought that you all put into our lives and want to give you as much as makes sense so that you know what to pray for. So, here it is...in atypical blog fashion:

Q: Josh, you know it's ok if you don't blog everyday right? I mean isn't it draining to have another thing on your plate?
A: Actually, it's nice that you are concerned for me, and I really mean that, but blogging is mostly for me. It allows me to revisit the things I know as truth and write them down. That's comforting in days of complete uncertainty regarding Ava. It's also the best way I know to get a concise message to so many faithful people who are praying. I love knowing that people read this so they know how to pray. Honestly, I look forward to blogging every single day.

Q: Josh, have you checked into flying Ava up north or flying her doc here?
A: Yes, we have looked at both. The variations in air pressure combined with the inability to get to a hospital quickly from 30,000 feet is enough to convince Lisa and me that a leisurely drive over two days in a very roomy vehicle is the best way for Ava to go. Also, this doc lives in NJ and has all of her gear for treatment there, so flying her here would not only be impractical for her, but it would not allow Ava the same level of treatment.

Q: Josh, have you looked into....?
A: Yes. We have spent two months researching every single thing known to man to fight GBM. This is our absolute best option. You all have helped us in reaching this point and we are forever grateful.

Q: Josh, how do you stay so positive?
A: Go back and read some of my blogs from the end of June. I have many days where I can't hold it together. By the end of the day when it's time for me to process it all, I am reminded that God is the only source of comfort, peace and restoration that we have. It's not hard to recognize when there is nothing standing between you and Him.

Q: Josh, are your mom and dad ok?
A: I know they hurt for us and for Ava. I also know they raised me to know a God who is omniscient. They fall to their knees for Ava every single day and pray there is some way God will heal her this side of heaven. However, their faith cannot be shaken by what they don't understand. A God they can understand is a God that is not big enough to handle what we are going through. Mom and Pops are in it with us and fighting through...they are as fine as they can be, but count on your prayers just like Lisa and I. (this also goes for Lisa's mom, Pats)

Q: Josh, is there anything we can do besides pray?
A: Some of you, yes. If there is I am not hesitant to ask. I am not too proud to ask for help when it will benefit my family. For most of you though, we need your prayers more than anything else you can offer. If you wonder if we need it, you can always ask me. I'll tell you straight up if it will help or not...but don't be offended if it won't.

Q: Josh, did you read that one comment I left on your blog in July?
A: Yes, but I can't recall them all off the top of my head. So please forgive me if I have forgotten which one to attribute to you. We read every one and are encouraged daily by your thoughts. Please keep them coming. We feed off of your encouragement in this daily battle.

Q: Josh, do you have any idea how many people read your blog everyday?
A: Uh huh. There are between 6 and 11 thousand people that read this each day from all corners of the world. Lest you think I would think I am some big deal because of those numbers, you should know that there were 50 a day before Ava got sick. My girl has some for real fans and prayer warriors out there.

Ok, that's all of them for now. There are a few others, but those are the major ones that I get several times per week.

You all are incredible and we are blessed to be a part of your extended family. Thanks for praying. Please don't stop.

A special thank you to all of you who participated in the facebook 24 hour prayer vigil for Ava that ends in 90 minutes. What a gift you gave us today.

Oh, and Ava is doing fine. She just spent the day sleeping and watching movies with her Grandmas.

23 comments:

  1. Josh,

    all I see is Jesus when I read your blogs. I see Him living in you in a great and mighty way. I personally look forward to your blogs as if they were Psalms from David. Bringing healing to you and to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Josh. As always, you continue to inspire and amaze me!!!! Even though you may think that WE are helping to strengthen you, YOU are actually helping to strengthen many of US. Your unwavering faith has strengthened my faith! To know that you can love the Lord and praise him even during this difficult time helps me to praise him more. I pray each and every day for your precious Ava and your whole family. I am proud to be a part of the Northland family and thanks to your Mother and Father, feel as if I am a part of the extended Hunter family. Prayers and blessings to all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you hear this alot....you don't know me, and chances are we'll never meet, but God has very purposely placed Ava, and you and Lisa, and Noah in my life for reasons I don't completely understand yet, but God is absolutely certain of. I just want you to know that your faith has strengthened mine, and that Ava is apart of our home now.

    May God continue to guide you on this journey....much love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sleep well tonight dear, sweet Hunters and extended family. May the beautiful cloak of Jesus cover all of you and place you into the most restorative and restful sleep ever possible. Love in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh - your writing is so raw and real. You have such a gift for putting your feelings into words, which I imagine is so hard. I just wanted you to know that I wake up praying for you all and go to sleep praying (and a bunch of times in between). While I do not know you, I think of you and your family constantly and pray the good Lord will provide Ava healing "on this side of Heaven", as you so beautifully wrote. You are truly an amazing human being and an inspiration. Just reading your daily entries has made me a better parent for my own children, and given me such perspective about the important things in life. May God continue to bless you and may Ava get the help she needs in NJ. With much love for all of you, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Lisa from the gym and have been checking daily the up dates. I have been in a similar situation like you and understand your pain. Know that god works in mysterious ways and we are all praying with you daily. May a blessing will come down your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hunter Family,

    Im praying that Jesus will heal Ava completely. I am also praying that you guys have some peace during these times of troubles. Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Josh, please know that my faith increases every day that I read this blog and pray for Ava and your family. God is growing the faith of thousands all over the world through Ava. We all stand, believe and pray for her complete healing on this side of heaven! All of you are resting in Jesus' amazing love and healing power. Sleep well tonight, Hunter and Gable families!

    ReplyDelete
  9. one more question - where/how do we find out about facebook prayer vigils? I could not find it on facebook nor on google?
    Praying for a miracle even without the vigil

    ReplyDelete
  10. Josh......... Thank you so much for your dedication and time it takes to keep us updated in your blog,as many others have said "you continue to AMAZE me"! I wish you and the WHOLE Hunter family and Grandma Patty Gods Great peace that only He can give. Pryaing daily throughout the day.I only hope someday I can meet you personally! Maybe at Hunter Vision!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful to hear Ava is feeling better and seems like the headaches have improved. I know that the God who has called you and everyone in your family will give each of you the strength you need to live thru this.
    My prayer is for Ava to be healed and to have a normal life and for God to pour His Power into each of you Love you Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am happy to hear your comments and answers to questions. It sounds like you and Lisa are really thinking through things and making great decisions for your family. I've worried that someday you'd begin questioning and saying...should I have tried that treatmen? Did we make the right choices? etc. My prayer has been that God will guide you in your choices for Ava. I really hope that you will know that you are doing all you can and that God knows what you are reading and even what choices you are making. It is all part of his plan for you and for Ava. Parents have to make choices every day for their children and I am so glad to know that your choices are being guided by the Master of the Universe
    Sue Schutz

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad Ava had a good day. Still praying, Josh. Love, Allie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Josh-
    I'm the one learning from you in the midst of crisis.
    Still praying, won't stop.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the updates. My heart goes out to you and the whole family while my prayers go up to the source of all power and comfort.

    Your words are so profound and wise -- I had to stop and copy down some phases and post them on sticky notes next to my desk:

    1. "God is the only source of comfort, peace and restoration that we have".
    2. "Our faith cannot be shaken by what we don't understand. A God we understand is a god that is not big enough to handle what we are going through".

    Josh, the Lord is speaking to so many of us through you and I'm grateful that you are allowing Him to use you.

    Blessings,
    Maylinda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Continued prayer for your sweet family. I pray for healing, for peace, for wisdom, and for strength for the entire Hunter family during this rough time. I am blown away by your testimony. Our family has so much love for sweet Ava. You are right, she has many, many fans. We will not stop praying.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Josh ~ Does Lisa and Ava have a place to stay in New Jersey that isn't costing money? I would like to try and help set you up in some place private just for the family, home setting, no one else there that won't cost anything. Just let me know if you could use this assistance, now or in the future. It's not a cost to me either. Just let me know...I read your blog daily so I'll see if there is a response, or you can email me...I'm a Northlander and my email address is there or I read your blog daily! All our continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Josh, OK adding to the questions here...Do you know that Chris Gerrish is a pilot? Maybe he can fly you to NJ. Is the pressure less in a small plane? Maybe that's a solution? Just wondering if it's worth looking into. Praying, praying, praying. Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi
    I live in basking ridge nj
    don't know what hospital you are going to but we have many connections here at hospitals and w drs and would be more than happy to help in any way
    please let us know if there is anything we can do
    Melissa and dan polito
    melissasarsten@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Josh,
    I am grateful that you took the time to answer the questions that many of us are asking you. Ava is a very special girl and I am grateful that she has so many people praying for her. I will be without internet for a while but I will continue to pray for all of you and will be thinking positive thoughts. I hope Ava continues to go without headaches and the trip to NJ is uneventful. Take care of yourself.
    -Tina

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't know if this has been a consideration. When I had to take my daughter home from the CTCA in Oklahoma, she couldn't fly by plane or sit in a car. We took an air ambulance home. They took us to the air field by ambulance and then met us on the Orlando end with an ambulance to bring us right to our door The air ambulance flies low so I don't think that pressure is a problem. It was just a thought that came to mind when I read your blog. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Josh, you just blow my mind everytime I read your blog!! You all have come to mean so much to me and my simple little life! You help me to grow through your faith and lives! It is an honor to pray for Ava and all of you and I will be doing it until there is nothing left that needs prayer!! Praying for miracles large and small!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Josh, first of all, god bless you and your family. Being a dad of a 5 year old angel (Victoria) and another one due next month (Kiara) I also wish to lead my family and follow God's word. You are truly an inspiration and I pray for your beautiful Ava and the rest of the crew with an open heart. I can't say that I understand what you are going through, but I can honestly tell you that I feel it. You are a strong dad and your faith in Jesus can carry you through anything!! Go Josh!!! I enjoyed you taking the time to answer some of the questions we all have. Thank you for doing that. I am glad to be one of the 11,000 souls that prays for you, your family and what you guys are going through. With much love, always, Bruno & Family.

    ReplyDelete