Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Songs about Butts.

I spent the better part of an hour tonight making up songs to sing to Ava. Inevitably, because I never really left middle school, they end up being about the human posterior. She thinks they are hilarious and always has. She laughed and smiled her little crooked smile every time I would say anything that meant ponderosa. See, within 3 lines I have already used 3 names for behind (4).

It was a wonderful hour. Noah was laughing, Lisa was chuckling from the kitchen...and Ava was pretending she didn't want to hear anymore while asking me if I knew any other ones. What a great night I had just hanging out with the fam. None of us are promised tomorrow, so enjoying the minutes we have is a way to bless each other today. I was blessed tonight.

Tomorrow is the docs visit at 9:30 to be cleared to travel. Pray it all goes smoothly. I'll update all of the Ava prayer team on here after the appointment. I won't wait until evening to post.

All in all, a good day. I worked, Ava slept, Lisa got to be home, and Noah loved school and football practice. He is really proud of all of his new bruises. I told him that chicks love bruises.

Thanks for your continued prayers. Pray for an uneventful night, clear sailing at the docs office, and the prep for the trip for Ava. Also pray that she continues to gain strength over these next few days. That is a crucial ingredient to make the trip.

All for today. A much better one! I mean what day isn't when you can sing about hineys (5)?

25 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you all know you have lots of prayer coming from Kansas. (Lizzy and Joel's friends) Lots and lots of prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me laugh...rear humor works on just about everyone!
    We're praying for the smooth sailing you are needing for travel!
    ~Kelli King Bock & Family~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed at your tireless will and positive outlook. It is obvious that your faith is grand and your trust in the Lord even greater. Rest assured that he's in control and will guide you and your family through the right direction to do everything in your power to make Ava well. Many blessings to a wonderful family I've never even personally met, but feel like I've known forever!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget caboose....just in case you need another one! :-) Praying for an uneventful night and a blessed day tomorrow!

    Many Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallelujah Praise God for the successful baby steps, success one step at a time. Praying for many more to come.
    Charley Gomes family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh-
    You are a funny man! It's so wonderful that you had a great family day....God is so good!!
    You articulate so well, I could picture the whole scene. It made me smile. Let's face it, butt's make us all laugh. :-)
    Glad Noah is enjoying football. Yes, girls loves bruises for sure. From the pictures I've seen of him I don't think he'll have a problem in the girl department later in life.
    May God continue to bless you all and 'Ava Bug' is in my prayers as usual. You all are.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josh, I'm sharing tears of gladness, laughter and life with you guys tonight rather than tears of sorrow :). Praise God for fun family time to ease some of your pain!!!

    Praying for travel clearance for Ava and always waiting expectantly for the Lord's miracle for her. Rest peacefully tonight in His grace and worry not about tomorrow.

    Hugs for y'all right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure you have your travel plans in place, but just in case, I have a friend who is a pilot and has his own plane and he has asked if he could help with transport if schedules permit. He is a retired military pilot and a current Angel Flight pilot. Let me know how we can help.

    Janperley@cfl.rr.com

    I pray continually for Ava, Lisa, Noah and you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you ever wikipedia-d "buttocks" ??? Well, you could come up with some number 6 and 7 and 8 terms there as well.

    You are funny. I love your insight....even if on family humor. I love that you love your family.....and really, how could you not! They are super. And your wife is THE COOLEST. I like her a lot. I mostly though like God. I like Him for liking the Hunter family first.

    .....And, I think He was laughing with the rest of you and loving you love Ava. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you want other word for "that", in Portuguese, here it is: BUNDA lololol
    Thank you, Josh, for thinking about updating us after the doc's appointment....
    I hope and pray that you will write: "it is a short one, we are packing!!!! All our love...your family in Christ! Praying, praying, praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Josh,
    It does my heart good to hear of your lighthearted and fun time with your family tonight. I'm sure Ava will sleep well tonight. Humor is a gift from God that will serve you well during these times. May God give you all a very restful night and a peaceful and positive day tomorrow. Praying that the next leg of this journey begins soon and has much success. Love in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking and praying for ALL of you as you fight to kick cancer's rump right out the door.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like it was a very fun evening! I'm happy to hear you can find joy in the storm... Our prayers will be mighter than ever for the next step and tell Noah Great job on the brusis! You guys are for ever in our thaughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ava is going to kick this tumor in the KEESTER!! Prayers for a safe trip to the specialist ... I believe in MIRACLES! Love and light to the Hunter fam! xo from Canada xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are standing with you. John 14:12,"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." We take Jesus at His word and are asking God for miraculous healing for Ava. As well as strength for the journey for all of you.
    Don't look at what is behind you...butt...
    look forward to good news and more fanny jokes. Love & Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  16. My heart hurts for your family. Praying the Lord will heal sweet Ava and continue to give you all grace for each day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fun! What a cool family you all are! I didn't have a dad and my mom worked 2 jobs to support my sister and I, so a fun family night like that would be such a joy to experience. (meaning the butt songs, hanging with dad and bro laughing and mom chuckling from the kitchen.) I do not wish what you are going through on anyone, but you all are so strong and when you're not you just rely on Jesus. And always know that you have Team Ava backing you up in prayer! Bless you guys and praying for the Dr appt. Sleep well dear friends!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whatever works to bring about that beautiful smile! It would work with my kids as well :)

    Praying for the all clear to travel this morning! Can't wait to hear that update and the hope it brings with it.

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Praying for a great report at your Dr.'s appointment at 9:30 this morning!

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is the most precious thing ever!!! I do the SAME thing with my kids when they are sick or down about something. My son, Noah, who has Down syndrome, thinks it's hilarious for me to say "butt", and no matter how upset he is, he gets a severe case of the belly giggles whenever "butt" comes out of my mouth!!! Ava is such a blessing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lastnight my five year old had the word "BUT" as a vocabulary flashcard. It took him five minutes to stop repeating it saying...but, but, but! How do you explain there are actually two buts/butts...that just makes them laugh more. Funny the words "before" and "by" did not get the same reaction! Praying for AVA this morning as always. Chics do dig bruises Noah! Stay strong. You are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad for a good night, thinking of y’all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Funny! I'm so glad you are still able to laugh in the midst of the challenge you all are tackling. That is refreshing to my soul and a great reminder to me in the midst of our own challenges. I bet God was really enjoying those moments too. I bet Jesus loves butt jokes..hehe...who doesnt? Praying for smooth sailing over the next couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well, Butts and bodily functions are funny. I, too, never left middle school which is why I loved teaching at that level for so long. So, I thought I'd share a lovely poem for your family. While not a Butt poem, it is along the same lines:

    If I were a dog
    And you were a flower,
    I'd lift up my leg
    And give you a shower.

    Go forth and enjoy!
    ~Helen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Don't forget Booty!! (#?)
    Ongoing love & prayers for
    all of the Hunters.
    Believing in the miracle,
    In Him...

    ReplyDelete