It's before midnight. An early blog as I sit in PICU and watch over Ava as she rests. Lisa is out for a minute getting a much needed couple minutes out of the room after being with Ava constantly today. We are still looking for ways to get the treatment for Ava that we hope will work, but the docs have painted a very grim picture. We won't lose hope, but would be foolish to pretend things aren't dire. She is not in much pain, so that is good. She has occasional leg cramps, but the shunt surgery yesterday relieved the pressure in her head. She nods yes and no, but is only talking if she wants Lisa or is hurting from the cramps. Usually one word at a time.
We won't give up hope. We don't need anymore of a miracle than we did 8 weeks ago. God is still God. We are praying He wants her here.
We are here for the night and praying for Ava. Please pray for her too.
Praying, praying, praying. Trusting God and waiting with you.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying for you all Josh. Praying for Ava's comfort & for strength for your whole family. Thank you for keeping us all informed during this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteJosh, I am in prayer constantly for Ava and your family. I really have a hard time sleeping lately to be truly honest because your family is always in my thoughts. I just don't know what to say to ease your pain except to say I love you with the love of Christ and I am praying for the healing miracle of God's touch on Ava.
ReplyDeleteConstantly praying and loving your family.....morning, noon, and night.
ReplyDeletePraying.
ReplyDeleteJosh & Lisa-
ReplyDeletePlease stay strong and never give up hope no matter what the doc's are saying. Yes, be realistic, but also know God can heal her, as I know you do.
I'm still praying she will get stronger every day and soon be able to make the journey to New Jersey. What are the NJ doc's thoughts about her having a 3rd surgery and being able to get her up there? I hope she is encouraging you and Lisa to do what is best, as you and Lisa have done all along. You are wonderful, brave, strong parents that are an awesome example for a lot of us out here that have lessons to learn on true faith.
Praying for continued wisdom and knowledge for you and Lisa.
Jody
Praying constantly...won't stop asking our God for a miracle.
ReplyDeletePraying,Praying And Praying and crying with you and for you. Your family is in my every thought and prayer
ReplyDeletePraying for you all; our God is good.
ReplyDeletePraying tonight...diligently. You are not alone, Josh and Lisa. Our prayers are with you. My heart aches for you both in this ordeal, but I am in total agreement with you that God is listening and sovereign and still working miracles everyday. Praying hard for Ava's miracle. Believing it will come. Doctors are just men and women just like you and me..they are wrong all the time. Peace be with you.
ReplyDeletePraying that God's comfort surrounds each one of you right now and that you feel His presence in a mighty way.
ReplyDeleteI pray God touches sweet Ava with his healing, powerful hand...and a miracle is done.
ReplyDeletePraying, praying and praying is all I have done for you ALL, all day...I pray for Ava that she is in minimal pain and for a MIRACLE. Try to hold on to the peace only our GREAT GOD can give.My heart aches for you ALL...
ReplyDeleteOur hearts are hurting for you all. We are praying, praying, praying.
ReplyDeletePraying....trusting that God can and will provide a miracle. Thankful that Ava is not in alot of pain, but nevertheless saddened by the news. I pray that the Doctors in their humanness are totally wrong and that God will enable her to have healing this side of heaven.
ReplyDeleteYou all have our heartfelt prayers and we will continue always to pray for Ava and your family.
Crying out to Jesus for our precious Ava!
ReplyDeleteLord, you are our life and hope, I pray that you perform a miraculous healing on sweet Ava tonight.
Jesus, I BELIEVE!
Dear Josh and Lisa and family,
ReplyDeleteYou are in our thoughts constantly as you go through this difficult time. Your blog is so inspiring, and you make me want to be a better parent. Ava is truly blessed to have such a wonderful family! We are praying for a miracle, and peace for you, Lisa and your son as well as Ava. We love you all and thank you for sharing your family with us as much as you can. We are here for each of you and will continue our prayers.
Robert and Jenny
We are in constant prayer for your family. May you all get much needed rest tonight.
ReplyDeleteLove, Rob, Kim, Noah and Sarah Andrescik
Josh,
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for Ava and your family.
You said it all when you said God is still God. Your faith is awesome and has taught me things I may have never understood. Thank you for the blogs and letting us know what to pray specifically. We will continue to do so.
Praying...Love, Allie
ReplyDeleteWe are praying, too, Josh. -M&D
ReplyDeletePraying constantly for God's healing of precious Ava. Praying for comfort and strength for all of you!
ReplyDeleteScream, cry, weep, pray, blog, - whatever you need, but hang on to God - it is all we can be 100% assured of. None of this makes sense or seems bearable and hearts are breaking for your family all over the world.
ReplyDelete"...the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express..." Rom8:28
Praying for all of you!! I pray that God will heal sweet Ava and give you and Lisa the strength that you all need. I am also praying for Noah and all that he is going through with this.
ReplyDeletePraying for sweet Ava! Thank you for sharing with all of us! Just know someone in Auburn, AL is praying for Ava, you and Lisa, Noah, doctors, nurses, nurse techs etc!
ReplyDeleteEvery night when I go to bed your entire family is in my prayers. Prayers for the doctors and nurses too. God knows best and I do pray it is for a miracle to get Ava better...
ReplyDeleteHad a hard time holding back the tears at Northland tonight, but know that I haven't given up hope. Please know that many are there in spirit at the PICU with your family and are praying without ceasing. May the peace that only God can give, be with you all tonight. Love in Christ.
ReplyDeleteThere is no place so desolate that you cannot find me there. .... NO set of circumstances could ever take you from my loving presence. From Jesus Calling devotional today.
ReplyDeleteThis quote read in the comments sent to a friend whose granddaughter (age 8) was just diagnosed with soft tissue cancer. Debbie in Georgia is praying for Ava - God bless you all.
Will continue to pray for Ava until she is healed. God is still working miracles and I pray for one for her. Also praying that you and Lisa stay strong!!
ReplyDeleteJosh, I want to do something. Could I fix Dinner and take it to Hunter Vision or to the lobby of the Hospital or to Northland? I could make a roast that would feed all the Family gathered there. My Name is Sharon. My number is 407- 227-8054. Your Mom has my number in her phone as well. I will do anything anyone needs me to do. I am praying but if I can serve you and your Family in any way please allow me to help even in a small way. God bless you all. Sharon Webb
ReplyDeleteThank you for your daily post. It reminds me to pray. Through your testimony may knee's bow and tongue's confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!
ReplyDeleteWeeping and praying for a miracle.
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. I wait for your blog every night, hoping the Miracle will have happened, that the tumor is gone. Praying for your precious little Ava.
ReplyDeleteWhile praying for you tonight this scripture came to mind: "God's loyal love couldn't have run out, his merciful love couldn't have dried up. They're created new every morning. How great your faithfulness! I'm sticking with God (I say it over and over). He's all I've got left.
ReplyDeleteGod proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who dilligently seeks. It's a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God." Lamentations 3:22-23 The Message.
We're standing with you.
Grace from Peru
We gathered as a family once again this evening lifting Ava up before the Lord...as well as you, Lisa, and Noah. Keep holding on tight to Him,Josh...the Lord is there in the midst of your brokeness ready to "renew your strength to mount up with wings like eagles". 2 Cor. says, "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed and broken. We are perplexed because we don't know why things happen as they do, but we don't give up and we don't quit. We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and we keep on going". So please know we are getting up with you again, and believing for a MIRACLE THIS VERY NIGHT!
ReplyDeleteHi Josh. I'm a friend of Aaron, Amber and Ang. My husband Andy and I send our love and lift your family up everyday. Ava is precious and constantly on my heart. Praying for a miracle.
ReplyDeletePraying for you all as God wraps his arms around you & gives you a peaceful night.We have a motorhome available & driver if it would help.
ReplyDeleteIn my thoughts and prayers constantly!
ReplyDeleteThere is something very special about your pure honesty through this journey that keeps you in my prayers. God is already using this, to remind me of His faithfulness through your words.
Thank you,
Martina
Josh & Lisa,
ReplyDeleteMy spirit is just aching tonight. Crying out to God as I pray, I'm finding myself feeling nauseous too, which immediately led me to question whether *I* had lost hope for your little girl. I can tell you though, with everything that's within me, I have not. Rather, I think it's instead the agony of trying imagine what you two (and your family) must be going though. I don't know you, but the pain feels like it's my dearest friend walking though this. Be comforted once again that you are NOT alone in this. We are standing with you. Never once during the day are you not in our thoughts, and very, very often, earnest, desperate pleas are being lifted for you all. We will not stop asking God to let you keep your Ava!
Trusting God to hold you close, and believing for Ava's miracle,
The Wilcox Family
God, thank you so much for giving Ava to us. Thank you for all the joy that she has brought. Please heal her completely and allow her to have no cancer at all. We know you are big enough to do this and we plead, beg, and cry out for you to move. Lord, please bring comfort to the entire Hunter family as they are walking through this valley. Do not let them be discouraged. Do not let them feel forsaken. Do not let them loose hope. Please continue to give them you strength as that is the only thing that can carry them day in and day out.... from moment to moment.
ReplyDeletePraying, always.... Your faith is truly amazing.
ReplyDeleteJosh and Lisa, As in Psalm 77:1 I, along with so many others from around the World, are crying out for help,crying out for God to hear our "beggy" prayers for his child Ava's quick and complete healing ... And have been once again reassured by the words found in Psalm 77:13-19 that even though we don't always see his footprints, we know He is there, he hears our cry, and is STILL the God who performs miracles!
ReplyDeletePraying that the Lord keeps Ava's shunt in good working condition so she can proceed to her next step in treatment. Praise the Lord in the quietness of the hospital room or non-quietness along with all the beeps and people coming in and out. Lord please allow Ava to spring back as you allow children to do. Amen
ReplyDeletePraying for His healing touch! And for your family in these tough times. Jerry & Ruth
ReplyDeletePraying daily. Storming the throne of God for a miracle for this precious gift from God.
ReplyDeleteJosh,
ReplyDeleteAs a father of a five year old girl, I simply cannot imagine where you are but am able to get a glimpse through your blog. Thanks for your faithfulness to post and to hold fast to the truth - in spite of the feelings that surely lead you all over the place. That is a lesson we can all certainly learn from.
We have and will continue to pray for you, Lisa, Noah, and Ava.
A few thoughts from the Psalms...
"Your statutes are my delight, they are my counselors"...
"I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws"....
"May my cry come before you, O Lord; give me understanding according to your word"
And may it be so for you today. Amen.
Praying for your family, and especially Ava. Your faith is an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI was awoken early this morning with this scripture in my head - I am sure it was for you "... Come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest..."
ReplyDeleteJosh and Lisa,
ReplyDeleteOur hearts are aching for you but so full of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, who is the great healer. He has not changed. Your faith is already enough, now, like your dad said, you are forced to exercise it. We join with you in exercising our faith, believing that God will heal Ava on this side of Heaven. We are praying,and we love you and your family.
God, we pray that if you can you'll leave Ava to the parents you entrusted her with and heal her little body. Continue to hold her daddy up. Give peace beyond understanding to her mama. Comfort her brother and be with him when his parents can not. Please God. Hear our prayers for Ava's healing. We will praise you always.
ReplyDeletePraying that God will grace Ava with a healing miracle for his glory. Praying Ava will rest comfortably as she lays in God's hand. Praying Josh and Lisa will be strengthened by the thousands of prayers being sent their way. Praying Noah will stay close to God and find strength and comfort. Praying God will heal Ava through his grace and love. Josh, you strengthen the faith of hundreds with your daily words. We are reflecting it back to your family a thousand times stronger so God can see the strength of faith and hope and prayer for precious Ava.
ReplyDeleteJosh, Lisa and Noah,
ReplyDeleteMy heart aches for you all during this time. I am lifting you up in prayer and still hoping for the miracle of Ava's healing this side of heaven. Know that your prayer warriors are praying for you all non-stop as you go through this. You are not alone. Sending love and hugs through God to comfort you.
We are praying for your all every day. Our two year old has begun asking "Is Ava all better?" and we pray some more. The prayers are also directed toward your entire family for the grace and comfort God provides. Love to you all!
ReplyDeleteThanking God for Ava this morning and what she and all of you are teaching us about faith! I continue to pray for all of you and the miricle Ava needs. Know there are many Arrons and Hur's holding you up during this time....Laura Lee
ReplyDeletePraying for your family continually. May your family find peace, comfort and healing in these days in a supernatural way.
ReplyDeleteRest in the Lord and he'll keep renewing your strength...
~Kelli King Bock & Family~
I keep seeing the word HOPE in your blog and I want to tell to never lose HOPE. Our God is a mighty God and there are miracles! I am located in Northwest Florida and I am the chair for our local Relay for Life Event and this past weekend I attended the American Cancer Society Relay Conference in Orlando. Let me just tell you that I heard stories of miracles. There was one particular story where the woman was given a 3% chance of survival and yes that would give her a 97% chance of not surviving and some doctors called it her death sentence and I want you to knoe she stood before us and is a SURVIVOR because she never lost HOPE. The road wasn't easy for her, but because she persevered through her adversity she proved alot of doctors wrong because she is alive today. So, I HOPE you and your family never lose HOPE! May God bless your family and continue to give you HOPE.
ReplyDeleteSincerely
Kim Kurnitsky
Port St. Joe, Florida
May God shine down on you today,& give you new Hope.Remember Jesus Loves the little children,& mommy's & daddies too.
ReplyDeletecovering you with love and prayers. my heart just aches for you Love you Grace.
ReplyDeleteI am praying and holding Ava and all of you up in prayer during this crummy time. I may go out of the area but I will keep praying and checking everyday for your precious blogs. Ava will be well and God is in control!!
ReplyDeleteyou don't know us, but our family is praying for you-- that God's grace would carry you like never before, and that He heals sweet little Ava. we are aching for you...with you.
ReplyDeletei haven't posted earlier because i realize that since you don't know us, you have no reason to trust us. i don't know if Ava can even take anything orally right now (may have missed that detail in missing a few blog posts), but i would highly recommend that you try something called Vivix. it is a cellular healer, and the research that went into its development and the clinical studies on it are incredible. what i am NOT saying is that it is a cure for cancer. but what it DOES do is go into our cells and repair damaged DNA (among other things), cause more production of mitochondria (powerhouses of our cells), and cause new cells to be formed that are healthy. it's something that i would definitely give to my children (along with a bunch of other supplements). i have just felt compelled to share that with you. here's a link: http://gofit4life.myshaklee.com/us/en/whynow.html we will give you products at our price if it's something you feel lead to try. i have some really good recommendations for PhD's, nutritionists, etc. who approach fighting cancer through nutrition, too. let me know if I can help out in any way. my email is heather@gofit4life.com Praying, ~Heather
Josh, my name is Candy Watson. Debbie Brown is a friend of mine and has made me aware of your family's situation. I have been exactly where you are right now. In 1979 my daughter, Kristin, went through exactly what Ava is going through. My heart hurts for her, and your entire family. You can believe me when I tell you I know how you feel. We serve a merciful and loving God and I am praying for your precious Ava and that God will continue to hold your family in the palm of His hand.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your words, I wonder what is the right thing to say, and all that I can think of is that I am sorry. I hope that God takes you and your family where you need to be right now and that He stays right at Avas side every single second.
ReplyDeleteIm praying that Ava will be healed ASAP.
ReplyDeleteI am praying that Noah will be comforted by the lord during these difficult times and that he will continue to have patience.
and of course i am praying that you and Lisa will make the wise choices and will continue to not give up. Love you guys! and i am praying like crazy that God's plan is the same as yours. And remember that Ava is in the hands of Jesus! She will live forever.
Praying for you and your precious Ava every day.
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks for Ava and you guys.. Praying.. Our God never sleeps, nor does He look away in our time of need. Which is all the time.
ReplyDeleteGene Ort
I have never met you or your family but I find you all heavy on my heart each and everyday. I have a 5 year old little girl and I am not so sure I could do it. Your faith is so inspirational. Ava is precious. We will continue to pray for healing and your family. God Bless YOU!!!!
ReplyDeleteJosh, Lisa, Noah, and Ava, we are pleading with God on your behalf. We are praying and we will not stop. We love you so much. -The Geigers
ReplyDeleteHi Mr. Hunter,
ReplyDeleteIs there an e-mail address where I could contact you?
Thank you
Mona Moayer
monamoayer@aol.com
Northland Attendee
Jesus will meet you and your family in this journey. It is a difficult time but precious because we are the closest to Him in the darkest hours. Been there, done that and it is hard, uplifting, stressful, too many words to describe. All I know is that you will never be alone and He and He alone is able!!!! God bless you all, praying for Ava and will continue to remember your family in Prayer. Thank God that he gave us the ability to Pray. Without it we are lost.
ReplyDeleteTrusting in Him daily,
A Sister
We are all praying for you and little Ava. God can and does give us miracles.
ReplyDeleteI cannot fathom what you and Lisa must be going through. We don't know eachother but friends of mine that attend Northland have told me Ava's story. Myself, my husband and our three children, ages 13, 9 and 6, have been praying for Ava for a long while now. Our six year old asks me every few days, 'how is Ava doing mommy?' We think of your family often here, and we know that nothing - NO THING is impossible with God. Stay strong and know He is with you....
ReplyDeleteI pray for Ava and your family every night.
ReplyDeleteWe are praying with and for you all constantly with feelings to deep for words. We wait on an amazing God and trust in Him with you.
ReplyDeleteHi Ava, Josh, Lisa, and Noah,
ReplyDeleteYou don’t know me, but I know a lot about you. If Josh had not posted a “favor” in his blog, I might not have typed this message, but I now know that I NEED to post it for your sake and mine. I have a Facebook friend, Janelle Jenkins, from your church community, who made me and all of her other Facebook contacts, aware of your story when Ava first presented with her illness. Janelle reached out to ask if anyone could offer any help for your family. She is the reason I came to follow your story. I also have a child, with a serious disease, as does Janelle, and I sooooo understand how helpless we feel in trying to obtain answers that are not yet available to us on this Earth. We are comforted by the fact that we can place all of our hopes with our Creator, to help us deal with our crosses. Anyway, your blogs have been a source of inspiration to me…in that you have shared Ava’s journey, with ALL of the raw emotions that come with it. So many of us also FEEL those emotions, but hesitate to share them. If I have learned anything from your journey, I’ve learned that our kids are so strong…and we cannot shelter them from the inevitable, but we can help them along their journey. And THEY help us in our journey, as well. Ava provided the strength you needed to endure this very difficult time. She will CONTINUE to help you to endure your journeys ahead. And she and you…have helped so many of US in our journeys, as well. I cannot tell you how much your healing words and Ava’s tenacity to fight, have taken me to a place of reflection that I may never have appreciated. You ALL hold a very special place in my heart…thank you for sharing your story, your strength, your faith, with me and all of your followers. You have touched more lives than you will ever know! I truly believe that Ava had a purpose on Earth, bigger than most of us will ever have. Her journey and your family have helped to reinforce that we are ALL part of God’s family, no matter how far apart we live, we are all connected. We can all HELP each other in our times of need. She was a very special girl who helped to spread the GOOD NEWS OF GOD! Thank you for requesting your favor!
Very Sincerely,
Colleen Munshower