Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 3

Little bit better today. Ava woke up early this morning announcing her need to go to the bathroom. That was great for us to hear. It was the first thing she has said in 2 days. Ava talked a bit and had her eyes open for quite a while today. She was comfortable for the most part and loved when the music therapy girl came in to sing to her. The girl that does the music therapy is an incredibly gifted artist. We all loved the mini concert.

We may or may not get out of here tomorrow. We are not in a great hurry, but will leave when we are confident we won't be right back here in 2 days if we go home. The docs are just monitoring her progress right now. They were mostly pleased about her jump from yesterday to today. Our goal remains the same. We are just trying to get her healthy enough to get outta here and get to the next step. We'll move as quickly as we can, but no quicker.

Lisa and I are doing well. Noah is having a good time with his cousins and is doing just fine, too. Thanks for holding our family up in prayer. These next few months will require more strength and faith than we have, but not more than God will give. We know this... we are living it everyday.

Keep praying for Ava. Pray she will get well enough to get to the next step. Baby steps.

33 comments:

  1. Thank you for this update. Have been praying since I read you post from yesterday. Praying and crying for a family I know only through my pastor, Mark Beeson. Rest while you can and I'll continue to pray that God will touch your Ava and restore her to perfect health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are here...praying and believing God is good!
    Have a blessed night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news, will be on my knee's praying for all yall !! Get some rest tonight, both of you ! Like you said in yesterday's blog you know Ava is being taken care of and the days and nights are so long take advantage and yall get some rest !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh-
    So glad to hear from you and to hear the good news. Praying, hoping and shedding tears for what God does best.........give love, strength and wisdom to the Hunter family. Your faith is an inspriation to us all. Still praying for that miracle, one day @ a time.
    God Bless-
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying...grace for each moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for a miracle, everything is in GODs hand,keep the faith

    ReplyDelete
  7. God is holding you up right now...you are able to write this post and minister to us b/c of Him. Our God smiles upon that sweet little Ava and he loves her so very much. I have a 5 year old sleeping next to me right now...so I feel what you all are up against with every breath I take. I listened to your father tonight at church and although broken he knows our God is Big and he lifted up all the others in the congregation who were going through "impossible" things right now. It is ALL about God and so not about us. But as you know he is holding you up...I know you all feel it. I am praying and asking God for all the things that you want. Eyes on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Josh, please know that SO MANY are lifting your family up, especially when things seem unbearable for you. Thank you so much for letting us know what all of you need and the prayers that you need for us to pray. At least for me, it helps to feel connected as we all walk with you in faith for Ava's healing. Tonight, I stand on our Lord's word for Avabina, Noah, you and Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Somehow came across your blog a while back...I'm praying for your sweet Ava.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have never met, but yet we are one in Christ Jesus. I know our Lord has your sweet daughter in His loving care. Rest in the comfort that He is in control. Praying everyday for Ava.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Josh- Glad to hear things are a little better today. When you're at the hospital and a loved one is ill, time stands still. I will continue to pray for Ava's speedy recovery & that God gives her strength & resilence for the trip. Praying that you feel God's srength & peace every step of the way. May the blessing of the Lord be upon all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying daily + for a miracle of healing for Ava.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for miracles today, Josh! Keep your head up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Still praying for y'all. Love, Allie

    ReplyDelete
  15. prayers from people you don't know are being offered to a God who knows us all so well...may you and your family have peace and may God demonstrate his power for his glory and bring comfort and healing to his little girl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Josh- is there anything that would make Ava's hospital stay better for her? Does she like Hello Kitty things? Coloring books? Books to read to her? Any little girl things that she would like? At chapel this week at my school, I had my HS students plead before the throne for you, Lisa, Ava, Noah and your family. Afterwards I had several students come up and ask what they could do... something tangible that would help you. Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been praying for your little Ava for months! She seems like such a strong girl! I pray that God will heal her, and I pray for peace and comfort for your family through this trial. Big hugs to all of you
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. God's Word says...The Word is medicine to our flesh. Maybe a list of healing scriptures that are read to Ava and by Ava. Our Faith comes by hearing, hearing the Word of God... so as she and you hear His Word... it gets in your spirits, pushing doubt and unbelief away and building faith.
    I am the Lord that heals you.... did Jesus, in the Gospels ever turn anyone down who asked? No-- Speak the solution, which is God's Word...
    Everything in this world is subject to change EXCEPT the Word of God... Jesus, the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.
    Standing on His Word for Ava's complete healing and restoration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Continuing to pray in faith. So many things to say and lots of emotion, but nothing so important as focusing on and praising the Source of ALL healing, strength, mercy and power in this time (and everyday). Praying for Ava (and each of you), waiting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a strong little girl you have on your hands! I am so happy to hear of her progress.

    It was awesome to give your dad a hug this morning and tell him we are praying for your family. You are all incredibly special to us and it makes being on the sidelines really hard. You have so many people praying for you and I hope you feel that every day!

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree that you should rest while you can, and I'm sure you are. I listened to your dad with tears in my eyes. I pray for((((Ava and all the Hunters)))) all the time and for a miracle!! (The parentheses are hugs that I wish I could give you all.) You are part of such a huge number of sisters and brothers who are praying all the time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My words are small compared to what you have written- I am just a family here praying for yours- I can tell you I have 2 kids praying for a miracle for your sweet little Ava! May God give you exactly what you need! God Bless has never meant more! we as our family pray for yours everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Strength to all of you from afar...

    ReplyDelete
  24. This may not be of any help, but just in case, when my dad owned a plane he volunteered with a group called Angel Flight, that transport people with medical needs and long distances to go at no cost. If you haven't worked out a plan to get Ava north already, they may be able to assist.

    http://www.angelflight.com/

    Praying for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Prayer Warriors...nonstop for you Hunters!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I had to go out of town but you were never far away in my thoughts.
    Just pray for Ava every time I think of you . You all are embedded in my prayers
    Keep praying for healing for Ava and direction for Lisa and You
    Love you Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Still praying every time I think of your precious daughter through out my day!!
    As well as for you and Lisa, for God to meet your minute to minute needs.

    I know that God has Ava as well as you all in the palm of His hand, may you feel a peace that cannot be explained and love beyond comprehension. His grace will pour out on you with sweet moments while you take care of your sweet Ava.

    Praying and STILL expecting a miracle in Oklahoma.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A child shall lead them...

    ReplyDelete
  29. As you love and parent your little one in such a sweet way with full hearts, we pray that you all will know and feel the love of our Father in a new, bold way. There is a place close to His heart and safe in His arms for the Hunter family these days and always.

    ReplyDelete
  30. We are in constant prayer. I am full of tears for you. As I listened to your dad preach this morning, I took one look at him and I could not hold back the tears. With pure faith he said
    "I know that God will heal her, I just don't know what side of the curtain it will be on" It is something that you say over and over again, and constantly think about, "How big is our God" and we cannot even answer, because out human minds cannot fathom the answer...it is beyond us, and we cannot see the whole universe in one sight, Our God is so amazing, and He is Good, and He is in control. He is love. He hears our prayers...All our love!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Josh, you are so right. God can do ANYTHING. I am so grateful that you all feel honest to share that this journey is hard - even with faith in the Lord. Hard things still break our hearts when they are tough - even though we know God is good and knows what He is doing. I am praying for a HEALING MIRACLE. I am praying for COMFORT. I am praying for CLARITY. I am praying that He will send a sign to guide you and comfort you, where the Enemy would have only fear felt. Our God is loving and healing. And it is still not easy to cope with things that hurt us and that we can't understand. I know that God only wants the best for Ava and for your family. Praying that you receive a vision of clarity and a deep peace on the journey up North.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Don't forget to pray for Patty, too.

    ReplyDelete