Ava is good today...and so is Noah.
I look at my kids different since two weeks ago. I loved them before, but I think I took for granted that we would all grow old, and therefore, had plenty of time to spend with them. Lisa and I have always valued family time together, but it normally just happens in our daily routine. We occasionally do family event stuff together where we all go somewhere just to spend family time. I am guilty of occasionally being there physically, but not mentally. Not now. Now, I have the opposite problem. I am everywhere else physically, but not mentally. I am always with my family during the day now. No matter where I am or what I am doing. I realize that God gave us each other for a finite time. My hope and prayer is that the time we have together is a long time. I know one thing... My focus may not always be perfect, but I will never look at our time together the way I did before our world changed 2 weeks ago.
my heart hurts for your family but I can tell through your writing that you are learning more about God and leaning on Him more. Remember that you are thought of often and prayed for constantly....and you are loved. i check your blog each evening before I shut down my computer and like many others, appreciate your sharing your time, your thoughts and your heart with us.:)+
ReplyDeleteWow, that is deep!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing that. Even though I'm not going through what your family is, that message speaks volumes to me. I forever want to be reminded of the quality of time that we should spend as a family. Thank you for that reminder:)))) God Bless you and your family.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing everything right Josh. You are doing everything as you should. Well done. I'm proud of you.
ReplyDelete- Uncle Mark
Dear Josh:
ReplyDeleteI wish I could do more...I keep praying and researching for you!
Since the day of Ava's surgery, I have contacted a lot of people for prayers and when you recruited us as "researchers", I "recruted" them also.
I have not fired them :) so I keep receiving a lot of info.
I am reading all of them...Today I received this link that I feel I should share it with you:
http://virtualtrials.com/pdf/williams09.pdf
God bless you. We love you...Your family in Christ.
Thanks for that!
ReplyDeleteI don't wanna go through the motions,
ReplyDeleteI don't wanna go one more day
Without your all-consuming passion Inside of me!
Not this time
Gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let your love
Make me whole!
Thank you for reminding me of these lyrics as you continue walking with the Lord every day. Love and prayers <3
Continuing in prayer. Appreciate reading each day's updates.
ReplyDeleteI'm still praying for a miracle. I picture what's left of this nasty thing in Ava's brain going away. God can do miracles, but I guess we have to have a little realism thrown in there to keep us on our toes. Prayer is so powerful and I'm with you on this. Prayer, positive thoughts.
ReplyDeleteJody (GCC)
Thinking of you and praying for you Josh. God has a plan and Ava is smack dap in the middle of it. Our love and prayers go out to you, your family, and Ava.
ReplyDeleteSincerely,
Ryan & Jamie Smith
You are such an inspiration to me! I too Take our time as a family for granted from time to time even though I think I love them as they were mine and they are not. They belong to God and are on a loan from Him to teach them His ways for Him. With that being said my heart goes out to you and Lisa more than you'll ever imagine. Even though God does not have me in the same place as you, I feel at times I am, as I had a sick child for 3 years strait. I look forward to you updates and read your blog daily.You are ALL in my prayers throughout the day as I think of you often. I wish there was something I could do... God is OUR strenght and our refuge....God Bless you ALL!
ReplyDeleteJosh this such a sweet and caring note. Who except God knows why these trials come but God promises are true .
ReplyDeleteMay you all find his everlasting arms holding you Grace.
Josh...thank you for sharing such intimate thoughts and realizations with us all...you are a man's man and I continue to be humbled by the courage, strength, and tenderness you are sharing with us on this journey towards Ava's complete and total healing.
ReplyDeleteHoss
Thank You... I am praying for a miracle, comfort and guidance for you and Lisa. Bless Ava's little heart and keep her strong. My daughter is 8 and her name is Ava also.I cant imagine what you are going through but you are such an inspiration in so many ways!!
ReplyDeleteAs my wife and I continue to follow updates and posts, value for our three children heightens to a much higher degree. However, our prayers for Ava and your family are ultimate healing and immense peace. Rest in His everlasting love my friend! As often as we question Him, remember He views beyond what we see. My youngest is named Ava (2). (Ava Grace). Her middle name is Grace because she was a miracle. She had a twin in the midst of an ectopic pregnancy in which there was uncertainty of all three lives. Praise God, Ava and Mommy made it. Josh, have hope anticipating that your Ava will also be your miracle. God changes lives as He graciously displays His power... Believe!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAmen!
ReplyDeleteGod created Ava with a purpose. Although we don't know that purpose, I feel that it may be to open many hearts to Him and teach those around Ava to cherish the time we have with our kids/families. I pray that everyone reading this update will hold their children/families a little closer.
Always praying...always believing...
"I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to Him, and He answered my prayer."
ReplyDeletePsalm 120:1
May you find peace and comfort today knowing that He is listening; not only to you, but also to all those who are crying out to Him for you.
Kelly
Centerville, OH
This is a good lesson for me to not take time or the people in my life for granted!! Praying that you and your family will continue to cling on to your hope and faith and with that, you can get thru anything!!!
ReplyDeleteI am agreeing in prayer almost constantly with those who are praying for a miracle and for peace for you and your family! Some days will need more faith and strength as you all travel together, but God is still in the miracle business!! Thank you for your precious updates!
ReplyDeleteToday, as I prayed for Ava and the Hunter family again, God reminded me of one of Dr. Hunter's sermons. He gave an illustration about Hereford Cows and how they stand shoulder to shoulder during winter storms in order to survive.
ReplyDeleteOur church family stands shoulder to shoulder with you. We believe in the mighty power of God and know his hand is upon Ava, and the entire Hunter family.