Untitled from Josh Hunter on Vimeo.
"You know what friends, I'm outta here!"
There has been incredible stuff come in from all of you. Lisa and I thank you so very much. We are very hopeful about the days ahead. We got the news this morning that we will be leaving the hospital tomorrow. Yahoo! Ava is more excited than anyone. She is over this joint. The real work begins now. We have physical therapy and all kinds of other stuff to do.
We officially have enough to work on :) The research team showed up in huge ways and we have literally hundreds of helpful pieces of information from all over the world. We are shutting down the research department and moving on with what we have. The plan begins now. I won't be blogging about the plan in action simply because I don't want to be distracted by input from well meaning friends. Lisa and I are comfortable that God is leading us and we are following the doors He has opened through the help of our research team. That is the ongoing plan!
I can't even begin to describe how incredible it has been to see the outpouring of love and support for our family and our little warrior. Many of you have asked us how Noah is doing. He is doing well. He is fully aware of the challenges ahead and is fired-up about being part of "Team Ava" as we readjust our lives to get her better. He is a great kid and loves his sister. He knows that "Hunters don't quit and Hunter's don't whine". Those two things have been built into him since he was born (just like they were in me)...they will serve him well. He's as ready as any 11 year old can be to join in the battle.
I finally was able to work a semi-full day today at Hunter Vision. That was a wonderful distraction from what has become normal in just a week. We created a facebook page for Hunter Vision and you should go "like" it if you are on Facebook...that will help us get the word out. Hunter Vision has become all the more critical for my family in the last week. Help us get the word out if you can. We open August 2nd. Lest you think I am shamelessly plugging our new adventure in the midst of crisis, you are only correct insomuch as we need it to go well for Ava's ongoing care.
I will continue to blog about progress and thoughts as we move through this journey together. While my family has always been known by many, Lisa and I have always been content to stay in the background loving to watch what God is doing. Through this He has put us in a weird position of a lot of attention. Not exactly the circumstances I would have chosen to be known for, but I know He knows what he is doing and our job is to be faithful. So, we will live this out in a way that will hopefully help others and bring honor to Him who created us and Ava.
I am once again grateful for all of you, covetous of your prayers, and hopeful for the future of our family and little Ava. We need you to keep praying... I'll be asking daily for a long time.
All for now...
we will continue to pray, Josh, that all goes well for Ava, the family, and your new opportunity in the new office. :)+
ReplyDeleteLove love LOVE this update!!! You all are a wonderful family with such a gentle, warm spirit. Rejoicing with you all for an open door, celebrating Ava's homecoming, and continually praying for you! Forget Team Jacob and Team Edward.....I'm all for Team AVA!!!
ReplyDeleteI just sent an e-mail to summit's main contact and to Isaac's secretaty's e-mail. A friend of our family's father was diagnosed with GBM and was given little hope for recovery. He is now cancer free for 2 1/2 years using alternative treatments. Please contact us at acorlando@cfl.rr.com, we can give you all the information if either of those messages don't make it to you.
ReplyDeleteRow the boat God will steer. Praying every time I think of it!
ReplyDeleteI want a "Team Ava" shirt! Love it!
ReplyDeleteMy heart has been heavy as I've read your updates because it brings back so many memories of when our daughter was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma. But along with the pain, it also brings back that unbelievable feeling of being upheld by so many people, and with such grace from God... there is simply nothing like it in all the world.
ReplyDeleteThe only encouragement that I have to offer is to just follow God's special plan for Ava as you already are doing. When all is said and done, it will be her own individualized treatment! Knowing Ava, and knowing God are all that you need. I do have tremendous respect for the knowledge that doctors have amassed, but that can never discount the hours that you have spent studying your daughter and sitting at God's feet. You and your wife have all that you need to create the best plan for Ava. I'm so happy that you have discovered that this early on!
Please know that our family will be remembering yours in prayer and we will be following your journey.
Hi there, Following your story and wanted to tell you about essential oils. If you are looking at more alternatives, check out www.youngliving.com. Frankincense and others have been found to help people that are in similar situations. God Bless you and your family.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome update!! The fact that she is going home so soon after surgery is GREAT news. Praise God!!
ReplyDeleteYour strength and faith are inspirational. I too wish the circumstances were different but I can't help but think about how many people will come to know Jesus because of Ava and your updates. Is there anything more important? Not a chance!
Keep fighting, Ava, and we won't stop praying!!!
Glad sweet Ava gets to go home! Praying!
ReplyDeleteAva, prayers were answered! yeeeeeeeeeeeee
ReplyDeleteWe will keep praying and you keep smiling :)
Your family is in our thoughts and prayers constantly. Our 3-year old daughter, Mia, prays for Ava every night. She knows that Ava is a little older than her and goes to our church. She believes that God can heal Ava - and so do we!
ReplyDeleteMuch love to your family from ours - The Hellings
Perhaps a Team Ava t shirt could be created with her beautiful face so that we could not only support her healing and your family, but offer a symbolic offering toward its financial cost as well.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure many on Ava's FB page would jump at the chance!
So glad too that y'all are "outta here"! Prayers continue unceasingly...
I am glad you all get to go home but I have gotten addicted to your Blogs!!:) Grace.
ReplyDeleteJosh and Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI know you said you're shutting down the research dept but thought I should include this anyway. I wrote before to say we're the parents of a cancer survivor. I am on an email list of other parents of survivors and I asked if any of them had dealt with glioblastoma or know of someone who has who can help you. One mom says she "knows LOTS about this" and gave me her contact info. I don't know if that's the person you're already planning to contact, but thought you would like to contact her. I don't want to post it here; please email me at pat(dot)lee(at)ccci(dot)org.
Blessings,
Pat
Thank you for sharing with all of us so we can pray specifically for your families needs. I know firsthand how out of control medical bills can get for a child when you want to do everything in the world for them. I wanted to mention that you may want to apply for United Healthcare Children's Foundation scholarship for Ava for some of the therapy or any other medical bills if they exceed your own coverage or you need additional help. I know several people that have received it. You can find information at uhccf.org (you do not need to have this type of insurance to be applying). There are many other resources available for therapies and they aren't all based on financial need.
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to volunteer because it has been on my heart that if you need someone to gather information and place all of the links in one common document for you so you can access relevant internet information or topics more readily I would be happy to help as much as I can. For the last two years I have spent countless hours researching things to help my own child and I know how overwhelming this can be trying to sift through it all or research new topics. Thankfully on my end it hasn't been for a life threatening situation and my son has made incredible strides and is in a really good place. If you should need help compiling links/such feel free to email me at NotefrmSue@aol.com. As a parent you can find this overwhelming. I attend Northland but do not know you personally. My husband may as he's gone there since before your Dad (Tim Schutz). Our prayers are with you and your family.
Ava has such a beautiful smile. TEAM AVA!
ReplyDeleteI was just forwarded your story by someone who knows your family. We have been going through a similar situation with our daughter Kate over the last year. We are praying for Ava and your entire family.
ReplyDeleteMay God strengthen your faith and Christ be your hope during these days.
Aaron McRae
www.prayforkate.com
I've been trying to think of something to write that doesn't sound trite or too "religious", and that you haven't heard a million times, but I can't...sorry :-( Thank you so much for making this about God and Ava and nothing else. Your tremendous faith is so encouraging and challenging and wonderful. No one should have to experience what you're going through. We have children the exact same ages as yours and my heart breaks for you every day...but at the same time, when I read about the ways God is using this, even in your own lives, I feel happiness as well...happiness that God is who He says He is and that circumstances don't change that. I pray for a miracle for your sweet little warrior...she is very blessed to have such an amazing family.
ReplyDeletePraying for you!
ReplyDeleteHey Josh! It's Jessica Pham, remember me. Michelle Bobeck (spelling) posted a link to your blog on her Facebook page last night. I just happened to click on it and then I was informed of all that you are going through. Fast forward to a very sad heart, sleeplesness and A LOT Of prayers for you guys all the way from Lima, Peru. A lot of prayers....prayers that only the spirit can intercede.
ReplyDeleteIf it is okay with you, I would like to put a link to your blog, as well as the prayer request, on my weekly prayer e-mail that I send out ot about 300 of our supports. I already put it on my blog, but I only have like 11 readers since it is private. I did the whole public blog thing for 3 years and decided it was time to make it private so I could say what I really wanted to say.
Anyway, I am going to read your blog from beginning to end, so don't think it strange if comments start popping up from things you wrote last year. I love to read so I figured why not read catching up with an old friend.
Not that you are old. :)
Anyway, please tell Lisa hello and send hugs and prayers. Your little daughter is on my mind so much and I am BEGGING the Lord to heal her.
In Christ,
Jessica Pham