I'm mad right now and it has nothing to do with Ava. I woke up to the house being warm. So I went into the garage and figured out that our 20 year old a/c unit is now a 24 hour old block of ice. Both the air handler and outside unit are a giant block of ice. That's gonna be fun to replace (and it's time...it's for real old). Good grief.
Had to vent and I knew all of you would feel bad right along with me. There is comfort in numbers. Ahhhhhh. Dang.
Looks like an expensive/hot week ahead. Yeah, I'm seriously bothered right about now. Someone should figure out how to make a/c that doesn't break.
Ok, I'll quit moaning. I know, I know...80% of the world doesn't even have cool air. I just have a smaller tolerance level these days. Gotta work on that.
Oh, Ava is good and Noah and I got some father son time to play golf yesterday...so, life's not bad. It's just hot.
Awww man! That totally rots :( I pray it's not an expensive fix. Maybe an AC repair person is reading your blog and will have mercy on you! I was greeted to my 'check engine' light this morning so I somewhat feel your pain in that department.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear Ava is doing well and that you were able to enjoy some golf with your son. The time you guys spend together is priceless!
Always praying...always believing...
Josh,
ReplyDeleteLived with an old unit for years, when it ices over tat usually means it had air flow issues. Let it thaw. Flip your breakers wait ten more min then flip 'em back on and run the system without a filter. Also your return line. ( the line that sends condensation buildup out of the house is probably clogged. A shop vac hooked to the line should blow it out. Repeat all the above steps after blowing out the clog. Not like you don't have 4 million extra things going on
in life. If you like a hand getting it working let me know.
Bill Mitchell
Call Del-Air and ask for salesman Joe. That very same thing happened to us 3 weeks ago.
ReplyDeleteOur unit needed replaced inside and out. A total cost of $9,000. After rebates and tax credits the price was $8000. I called Joe and said if you'll do it for $7500. you can start today. We settled on $7525.
You are all still in our prayers.
I don't blame you! Life is just nos as good without AC! Blegh!
ReplyDeleteWe battled our A/C unit for years. Finally used a great company that fixed the problem easily. Mixon is great. Praying for an inexpensive fix.
ReplyDeletePraying for a cool breeze to blow in the Hunter home today. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI can relate. Our A/C breaks every single summer. Yes, every single year since we've lived here (five to be exact). We've never replaced it & just keep getting it fixed. Ya, the repair man is on speed dial!
ReplyDeleteNow, I can sign this comment like a high school yearbook...
Stay Cool!
~Kelli King Bock and Family~
I am praying that it will be a cheap and fast fix too! It is TOO hot not to have your a/c working!! So glad you and Noah got guy time yesterday!! I know he must be frightened for Ava! She is doing so well and that is the thing!!! Praying for all of you and your whole family and your a/c!!
ReplyDeleteMine is broke too! Happened last night.....working on and off....repair gy here. We will see. We are probably gonna have to get a new one soon. Praying you have a better outcome! Praying for all that other stuff going on too.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE you Hunter family.
ReplyDeleteI'm totally with you on the a/c thing. I would be upset as well. I can't stand this hot humid weather and would probably have to go to a hotel to cope. Your frustration is understandable so don't feel bad and by all means, please moan when ever necessary if it helps. :-) That's what we're here for, even though you don't know some of us.
ReplyDeleteMark has a beautiful picture of Ava on his blog today.
Hang in there.................God loves you.
Jody Brinks
Praying for an inexpensive and easy fix for you guys and TOTALLY understanding the need to vent. In the grand scheme of things, try to appreciate that it's a mechanical thing that can be repaired or replaced... Sometimes the mundane worries of the day can take our minds off the heavier stuff that continues.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and continued prayers for all of you!
I'm glad that you got your air fixed, but I'm not high on sympathy for broken AC's anymore. After 3 years of living in extreme heat with no AC in any house (why they don't have air conditioners is beyond me) has made me hard hearted to broken AC's! :) LOL! In the summer here, it's in the high 90's or higher in the hot sun and I have to take 3-4 showers cold showers a day, a nap (because the heat makes me tired) and I have to watch my grumpy level b/c it makes me grumpy when I'm hot. But now we are in winter and it is 55 (but feels like the 40's) with no heaters. And it's 100% humidity so everything is wet, wet, wet and it is hard to get warm. So now I guess I'm complaining! Glad you got your air fixed and I can't wait to be in FL for the next 6 months taking full advantage of any and ALL A/C's and heaters.
ReplyDeleteI went back and read the other comments and I was the only unsympathetic reader. :( So sorry!
ReplyDelete