I think I'll post a video tomorrow. Ava is making progress that would make all of her fans proud :) She is standing on her own for a little bit and walking while holding our hand quite well. She is still wobbly, but she is pretty proud of herself for sure. We have a few meetings coming up in the next few weeks that are pretty important for Ava. We will be meeting with the Onc docs and the neurosurgeon for a follow up. Pray that God will be in that meeting with us and that we will all agree on what is best for Ava. We're a lil' bit nervous about all of it given we have never walked through this before, but we are trusting that He is going to show up with us.
(infomercial break)
Hunter Vision was in the Orlando Sentinel online today as well as USA Today! A pretty awesome day as we head toward the opening of the greatest refractive surgery practice this side of the Mississippi. If you are needing to get rid of your reading glasses or need help getting your vision better, you should call us or contact us through the web. There is not a better place to do it. Everything is absolutely the latest in technology and the standard Hunter Vision Analysis (this is the exam the President of the United States would get if he said, "I need a full eye exam") will blow your mind. You will know more about your own eyeballs than you ever thought you could. I know...who wouldn't want to know that? Right? The official Hunter Vision website rolls out next week. I'm pretty fired up about it.
(infomercial ended)
Ava is continuing to do well. We are encouraged by friends, family and our extended web family. I can't tell you what it means to me that 5,000 of you read these updates each day and let us know that you are with us. Our little Ava has people praying from all over the globe. She has friends in Sri Lanka, Uganda, Canada, Germany, Egypt, Australia, Argentina, China, India, Namibia, Philippines, Brazil, South Africa, Ukraine...etc. It's incredible. Please keep holding our family up. It's because of you that we can keep pushing forward knowing that God is hearing the prayers for healing for her. This incurable disease is not to big for God. This we know.
Thank you. I mean it.
Love it. Love the faith ,love the humor, love Ava! Still praying in this house!
ReplyDelete~Amanda Bajgier
You forgot Peru! :)
ReplyDeleteEncouraged by the good update. We are still praying and so are our friends.
A side note....will Hunter Vision do children or only adults. My 3rd child (jaxson, age 6) was born with an infantile pupil(e) cataract and we would like to have it removed because his vision is very impaired from it, but only in one eye. Talk to your brother and let me know. We will be back in 2 weeks for the next 6 months. You can find us on Facebook.
Blessings and prayers,
Jessica Pham
It's so obvious from the outside that God is with you. Your strength, your hope, and the fact that you continue to put one foot in front of the other is proof of His love & care for you and your family. I visited my friend today. She has incurable bone cancer. The onc docs here told her she had no hope. She got some info on the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. Went there last Friday and got hope! They are taking her on and although they did say there is no CURE for her cancer, it can be diminished and her life extended indefinitely. That was great news for a 72 year old grandmother! So, if the onc docs here don't give you peace, seek God's advice on other sources. He knows. Blessings to you. Keep on keeping on. We will keep on praying. Sandy & "Big" John
ReplyDeleteWe continue to pray everyday for Ava and your entire family. My 2 year old daughter puts her little hands together and prays for "baby Ava" whenever we have family prayer time. Our God in Heaven is amazing and He is holding little Ava and your whole family in His arms.
ReplyDeleteToday i randomly met a retired couple relaxing at the lake - we started talking - guess what we had in common - we were both christians, both praying for Ava, and both totally in awe of your faith , strength, steadfastness, and honesty. I think this prayer chain we have going is more pervasive than facebook! So glad to hear Ava is progressing beyond what the docs thought possible - with God nothing is impossible.
ReplyDeleteWe can see YOU through your writing... and much much more than my eyeballs are capable of showing :) ... God IS ALWAYS with you!!!!
ReplyDeleteHebrews 13:5-6 "Let your conduct be without covetousness, and be content with such things that you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you, nor forsake you,' so that we may boldly say, 'The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do to me.'"
Yay! Can't wait to see a video of Ava's progress!
ReplyDeleteHunter Vision's success continues to be in our prayers as well. We have no doubt it's going to be successful and will do our part in spreading the word!
Always praying...always believing...
Can hardly believe it was three weeks ago we decided to visit Summit Church (second time) -- we usually go to Northland but our friend in Orlando lives closer to Summit. Heard about Ava and prayed for her and all the Hunters. Thank you for sharing and letting us be a part of your lives through prayer. God bless.
ReplyDeleteDear Josh and Lisa, Our prayers are with you, Ava and your entire family. Due to my own health issues, I have been blessed with a great deal of "down time" in which to pray. When I first heard about Ava's illness, I began praying for her fervently. Josh, I believe that my husband (Coach Mike Henry) may have been your former football coach at Lyman. We attend Northland and are very fond of your father :) I have a close friend whose son has cancer and they have found help through this organization: http://www.basecamp.org I thought I'd pass it along. I don't know what your needs are at this time, however I wanted to let you know that I have a 501c3 nonprofit children's mental health and outreach agency. If there is anything I can do through my agency (or if at any time you'd like help setting up your own nonprofit agency for whatever reason), please let me know. My email is JHFocus@yahoo.com and my agency's website is www.FocusIncFlorida.com With love, hugs and prayers, Julie and Mike Henry
ReplyDeleteLove is all around.
ReplyDeleteHey Josh,Lisa,Noah,and Ava
ReplyDeleteWe are always believing and praying for Ava's complete healing. Always encouraged and touched by your families Amazing Faith. Lot's of Love, Hugs, and Prayers from our family to yours.
Love the Feltman Clan
We love the Hunter family, especially sweet Ava. She is being prayed for! So happy she is progressing!
ReplyDeleteYou are welcome. We mean it!
ReplyDelete5,000… AMAZING!!! The bible says when two or more come together!!!!!!! I think we surpassed that. She definitely has a fan club and people rooting for her!!! :)
ReplyDeleteYou all are in my thoughts and prayers continually. You all have so encouraged me to go to another level in my walk with God. Your faith during this time in your life has been such an inspiration. Reading of your faith and trust in God during this time of uncertainty aside from being a parent and watching your precious child having to endure is amazing. She is being used by God in such a BIG way and I truly believe He is at work in this situation as I type this. I love seeing how well she is doing and am so encourage each and every day. God is a GREAT God and you are all GREAT examples of what it is the be faith warriors.
ReplyDeleteNo wonder you are loved so dearly by your precious Leezer, Noah, Ava and all of your family and friends. Josh, I wish I could take away all of this suffering from you and your Ava and the whole family. Thank God, Ava has you. My family continues to pray every day and night and many times in between for a miracle. We still believe in them and in you all. Anything we can do....anything...and I mean it, please let me know. Cancer sucks. Patti
ReplyDeleteMy family and I are committed to you in prayer until the day you hear the words cancer free! Know that even when you feel weak, there is an army behind you! You are not alone. Good Work Ava! Keep it up :)
ReplyDeleteVery simply, 'Dear God, please heal Ava'
ReplyDeleteThank you,
Lou and Brenda