Friday, July 16, 2010

Still Progressing...

Ava is regularly standing while leaning against things. Her left arm and leg are getting stronger by the day. She is walking with assistance and pretty proud of herself. It's amazing to see the positive outlook she always has. Christ talked about being "child-like". It's easy to see why if you spend 5 minutes with Ava. She doesn't sit around and moan all day about why her arm doesn't work right now or why she spends a lot of time on the couch. She relishes the progress of the moment. She lives in the now and doesn't fret about the future. I have a lot to learn from her. In a strange way, I am grateful to God for this time. He is making us all what we need to be through the life of a 5 year old. She is trusting her father, leaning on her family, being fully present in the moment, and celebrating life's small victories. If I can get closer to Ava-like, then I will have made progress, too.

9 comments:

  1. Josh and Lisa,

    As a baby Christian , I marvel every day how much I learn about our Lord and His love through Ava's perseverance and faith in the battle she faces... Know that I am with all of you as Jesus uses His power to teach others through you as she conquers this illness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your positive outlook is so infectious! Love and prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! Ava is having an impact on all our lives! Thank you for Sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be joyful where you are and you will be blessed! That's you and you are! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh,
    I don't usually comment on blogs, but wanted to be sure you knew specifically that Susan and I (and all our children) are praying for Ava and your family. Please don't hesitate to post any practical needs that you have as a family - we would love to serve you SOMEHOW during this time, and allow you to focus on your princess and allowing God to use your family for His glory! Thanks for keeping us all updated.

    Dan Wilcox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God for Ava's progress!!

    I hope many people see this post and stop to realize just how much we have to learn from our children. My 4 year old experienced the loss of my sister, his favorite aunt, last year and his faith and belief in Jesus/Heaven (although childlike in nature) throughout the entire grieving process and to this day is admirable. He has taught me more in his short 4 years than I have learned in the 25 years I had prior to his birth :)

    Ava is never far from my thoughts and always in my prayers!

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know that your whole family has been in our prayers. My girls pray for Ava every night before bed as well as throughout the day. We will continue to until she is healed! God still performs miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Francesca CangialosiJuly 18, 2010 at 11:00 AM

    Ava and all of the Hunters remain in my prayers. I have a friend whose child, Hank, is going through another surgery for a very rare disease that affects the facial muscles and destroys them. Hank is 7 and his attitude is always positive as he faces surgery after surgery.
    Little children can and do teach us so much if we just pay attention to them.
    And as a child, I was a recipient of God's miracles myself, and know they happen with faith and prayer.

    ReplyDelete