Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thoughts on Fundraisers and Stuff

First of all, Ava had another good day. We were together most of the day as a family and that was awesome. Hopefully we'll get back to the point in fairly short order that we can get back to church at Summit. But, for now...we are part of the Northland online family for worship.

I wanted to take 2 seconds and address fundraisers, bank accounts, lemonade sales...or whatever :) for Ava. There have been some incredibly gracious people who have taken it upon themselves to help our family with the financial burden of Ava's surgery last week and ongoing treatment. We could not feel more blessed. However, I want to publicly state (only so I can quit worrying about it) that no Hunter expected or came up with that idea. We cannot believe that people would even think of that for us. We are so grateful that some of you would help us in that way. It means a lot to Lisa and I. I just want to make sure no one thinks we are in any way running around looking for money. If it came to that to make sure Ava got what she needed, I would not be too proud to do it, but we haven't even seen this first hospital bill yet, so I'm not quite there!

I mostly want all of you to know how much we care that you are sharing in this journey and holding us up in every way. Thanks again. Glad I got that all of my chest. Now I will sleep good.

Ava finished off today by playing backgammon. I don't even understand that game.

9 comments:

  1. Been thinking about the mixed emotions that must come for your family as your lives are thrust into this "fishbowl" of support. Just praying that God will mercifully choose to heal Ava, first and foremost. Also praying that God would just lavish His love and grace upon each of you as these thoughts/emotions ebb and flow. the daily updates are a treasure for directed prayer, but please be encouraged that even if a daily update doesn't happen - the prayers for Ava (and each of you) would still happen. Waiting, hoping in the Lord with each of you,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh & Lisa,
    We are praying for you and Ava! May God keep you focused in His plans and promises. Much Love from Buenos Aires, Argentina! Camila & Gustavo (St. Andrew´s Church) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that in addition to all you have to work on for Ava your life is being played out in such a public domain. I pray that you can be able to separate yourselves from anything that is said or done that may upset your family. For all of us who know Joel or you be assured we know that your focus is solely on Jesus, and doing what he leads you to do regarding your family. Your family's integrity will never be in question for those that know you.

    "I will lie down and sleep in peace for you alone oh Lord make me dwell in safely"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and your family! God will see you through this difficult time. Thank you for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God that Ava had another good day! (I don't understand backgammon either.)

    You have an amazing community supporting you and I hope you all feel that every day. There isn't much we wouldn't do for the Hunters! If there IS ever anything you guys need, all you will have to do is say "the word" and you will have throngs of people stepping up to help!

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pastor joel is responsible for my family's salvation and that of thousands of others in our community. Giving back mere money is the least many of us want to do. God has known of your need and has been preparing thousands of willing hearts for many many years through Joel and Becky for such a time as this. We all pray and wait for a miracle, and while we wait we shall provide for your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josh, the fund was set up by a Northland member that loves all of you as do many of us who do not know you personally. Your family is precious to so many and most of us can't do anything to helpy your family and Ava through this time other than pray and offer financial support where need be. Please rest assured that all is given in love. Cyberhugs to all of you. :)+

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you think Ava would enjoy getting postcards from the different people (or their children) who are reading and supporting you in prayer? I am sure you may not want to share your address on-line but maybe they could be sent somewhere ATTN: Ava? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Following the progress and praying. You are all surrounded by a great cloud of prayer! So great to see little spunky Ava emerging again, she has always cracked me up :)

    ReplyDelete