We will continue to learn more in the next few weeks about how best to tweak Ava's daily life to get her on track to health. The "treatment stuff" is usually done about a month after surgery for this type of deal. Her surgery has to really heal and her body needs to continue to get stronger and more back to normal. Her current diet is very strict and is only fueling her recovery. So, to all of my friends here who have offered to make us meals...I say thanks, but unless you are super creative with kale, hummus, olive oil, tomatoes and raspberries...it is more helpful for you to pray!
I love it that you all are with us. We are here for the long haul :) Ava feels good today!
Glad to hear another day without complications has passed!!
ReplyDeleteThe diet sounds yummy...okay, maybe not the kale ;) they're not called super foods nothing!! We should all be eating like that!
Always praying...always believing...
Glad things are going well for the most part. I'm sure it's difficult getting back into a grind after all of this. Still praying!
ReplyDeleteMy 80 year old friend Eddie at the Salvation Army towers at niceServe told me that he heard about Ava and has been praying for her. He doesn't go to Summit and I was surprised to hear that, but I thought it was awesome how much prayer is happening all around that we might not realize :)
ReplyDeletePraise Jesus that Ava is feeling ok! She is in my prayers daily.
ReplyDeleteI used to use that word that God has "HUGE" plans for us beyond what we can imagine. I forgot about that word until I read it here. God wanted to remind me of it because it is true. Josh, thank you for your sharing. Lord, thank you that you remain the same. You lovingly receive us into your arms of grace and mercy to walk with us minute by minute to unfold the plans you have for us. HUGE LOVE HUGE GRACE HUGE MERCY Plans for a future and a hope in you. Lord, we know that you have these plans for Ava. A future and a hope. Many will come to know you because of her. May your healing hands be upon her and the strength of your Spirit give the Hunter family the power and strength they need at this time. Amen Cindy Lehn
ReplyDeleteBWOYS! Trying to elicit a smile from you with that! I wish I could say something to you that would make all the difference, but only Ava being here another day can do that. We continue to pray (everytime I glance at my "Pray for Ava" bracelet, I pray....awesome idea) and my kids pray at every meal and at bedtime for Ava. I still hold fast to the complete healing of this miraculous girl. I believe it. I'm claiming it, no matter what others or statistics or any other crap says. Love you guys. Hope to come see you when you are up to it. The kids love seeing video of Ava. You go girl! Seize the DAY!
ReplyDeleteAva was 'with' me tonight on my wrist helping to serve Communion at Northland. My 'Pray for Ava' bracelet is also a constant reminder to pray... for her and by extension your whole family, especially you, Lisa and Noah!
ReplyDeleteVery thankful for another good day for sweet Ava and your family!!
Continuous prayer for Ava's health, for Hunter Vision's success, for a loving Mother and Father's faithful walk, and for a Big Brother's understanding and love.
ReplyDeletewhat a great blog. Lisa has to let the whole world know how she gets Ava to eat Kale!!
ReplyDeleteYour next few blogs need to be about food and how all of you are coping with the special diet:) Grace.
I ran across your blog through the blogging network and am humbled by your experience.
ReplyDeletePraying from across the country!
In your blog from yesterday you mentioned a fund raiser. I was thinking about that a week or so ago but didn't want to mention it since we really don't know you and Lisa. Since it's been brought up, however, if it comes to that please make sure there is a website so people like us can donate from afar.
ReplyDeleteConstantly picturing the remains of the tumor disappering and still praying.
Jody Brinks-GCC
Those are super choices in foods for her healing. I can name a dozen reasons why each one of those things are good for her recovery. She's going to be the healthiest kid on the block!
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray. Thanks for the update.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are doing the 'raw food diet' for now. Great choice! Has been proven to help for many people. There are tons of resources out there with recipes for juices and many other recipes to hide those not so appealing veggies!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear she is feeling better and on the way to getting back to normal.. her new normal. She is such a fighter and know God is giving her the strength she needs to get through this.
ReplyDeleteJosh - reading your blogs and praying daily. Wish we could connect for breakfast sometime, but you have more important priorities right now. Thank you so much for living this out publicly - the blog is (almost) as good as talking with you each day, and it lets us all know what to pray specifically for.
ReplyDeleteJosh,
ReplyDeleteHere is some information that was past along to me through my facebook post. I enjoy reading your post and appreciate your faith and openess. God is good all day long. I hope this information is helpful to you. Much love and prayers, Debi Gold
Regarding Ava!! I have a very faithful friend who has suggestions for alternative medical solutions. He personally flew friends and family here to get healed. They specialize in brain tumors. Its called the Bio Medical Clinic 619 407 7858. Its in Tiuana but very worth calling to inquire about it. I was at church on Monday and Joel updated us on here condition. I'm not sure where to send the info so if u would be so kind and forward this, I know the parents are reviewing all methods. Also, I know I recently had a friend John who was totally healed of a brain tumor...no surgery, he did take meds but it was all done thru prayer!! I also know first hand about conventional medical procedures and beliefs...they are often limited and presented in black n white. God does not heal according to text book procedures he makes miracles! Exploring other healing options by keeping the mind still and positive, collecting information, being faithful, obedient and prayful is the way to go...Medical drs don't often prescribe it...but it works!! Thanks so much pls forward sorry if there are typos on my phone...Dave n I r praying for her healng!! :) hope all is well! Julie
Praying the Hunters learn to love kale and hummus . Tomatoes and raspberries are a given.
ReplyDeletePraying and thinking about your family everyday.