Got up at 5. Went over to Mosquito Lagoon with Dr. Joel to take pictures of the intracoastal waterway at sunrise so we will have some cool stuff on the walls at Hunter Vision. That was fun. Back in the office by 10. Worked on final details of the Hunter Vision opening on August 2nd until 5:30. Got home. Ate dinner. Watched a movie with the kids. Put 'em to bed... and here I sit.
It's a wonderful life, really. Work at a job I love and come home to a family that I love to be around. I know not everyone is that blessed. I read a quote on facebook today that said, "The grass is greener where you water it." I thought that was pretty dead on. Our home is a haven for me because we work hard as a family to make it awesome. Not everyday is great, but everyday is a journey toward growing closer as we do our darndest to follow Christ. Now, when we've had a bad day it's much harder to remember that (and I usually don't want to). But, when I am in my right mind it is easy to see it that way.
Ava is doing fairly well. She is beginning to hate the food she has to eat, but it's a small price to pay to make sure she is getting good stuff in her. She also let it be known this evening that because she had to go to bed early she was "going to move out of our house and go to Georgia so she could go to bed when she wanted." We told her that we supported her decision and that as soon as she was 18 she was more than welcome. HA. What a spunky little chick.
That's all of today's news. Gotta go water the grass.
Another good day of 'nothing' for you guys. YES!!!
ReplyDeleteHi, I graduated with your brother, Joel, and I had your mom as my biology teacher and academic advisor. Your other brother, Isaac, married my brother and sister in law. I love your family, and my famiy has been praying for yours. Thank you for these updates!
ReplyDelete~Kelli King Bock & famiy~
Love it!!! I see being a writer in your near future!!
ReplyDeleteWe have our son (4 1/2) on a very restricted diet as well, for health reasons. I know how hard it can be to help them understand the importance of using food as medicine and not entertainment. Our society uses food to make life "more fun" which I could go on and on about how bad that is for our health, but I won't. My point is I am praying for Ava and Lisa especially lately. For Lisa to adjust well to all the work that goes into providing a special diet and cope with the natural desire to give our kids all the 'yummy stuff'. Also praying hard for God to help Ava be understanding and accepting of this dietary season in her life.
ReplyDeleteAW! Bless her SWEET little heart! I will pray for her understanding and yours and Lisa's wisdom to find creative ways to help her with her dietary needs.
ReplyDelete"The grass is greener where you water it". What an amazing and true statement. Much better than...greener on the other side...ha ha! Thank you for your daily updates. I pray for Ava's speedy recovery and for the rest of your family as well. God bless you and make miracles in your lives. Love, Bruno.
ReplyDeleteIt seems that those simple days become more and more precious as time goes by. I am so glad to hear that you all had a simple day, even if Ava is running away! haha Thank you for taking us on this adventure with you each day! I'm still praying for a complete healing! I believe in miracles so Ava will surely have one! Love in Jesus!!
ReplyDeleteWe are over the moon excited to hear that Ava is acting like a normal 5 yr old... She has got to be feeling better since the is considering the move and all... Praise God! Still praying daily and loving on your mom and dad every chance we get.
ReplyDeleteSO excited about all the progress at Hunter Vision as well. So many blessings and many more to come your way!!!
Much Love and many prayers,
The Simonson's
What an awesome outlook and I love the 'grass is greener' saying! That is a keeper :)
ReplyDeleteAva's spunk is what is going to help her win this battle! I can't imagine too many 5 year olds (or adults for that matter) who could adjust to a restricted diet with ease but praise God that you are giving her that advantage! I pray that there isn't too much frustration on anyone's part in giving her the 'super foods'.
May the week ahead be full of blessings for the Hunters :)
Always praying...always believing...
Ahhh Josh, the intracoastal at sunrise is so gorgeous, am so happy that you and your dad got to see that together. The pictures will give such joy to those who view them, I just know it! Thank you for your continued posting and your dedication to the "simple" things in life, while putting God first! Your testimony during this time speaks volumes. God Bless you and your family...and may your grass grow beautifully green right beneath your feet :)
ReplyDelete