Friday, July 9, 2010

Doc Visit

So, I may have been a bit too hard on the docs in my last post. The appointment went fine. They still haven't confirmed the diagnosis, but it's 99% so we are moving ahead from there. They are fairly open to working with us since there is no real clear path to take through the fields of normal "medicine". We supposedly get a call on Monday to confirm the diagnosis, but at this point it's fairly irrelevant. Lisa and I are locked in for the long haul and are going to fight for as long as we have to for Ava to get better.

It has been a pretty good day, really. Lisa and I went on a 45 minute date tonight just to get out and hang with each other. It was great. We ate yogurt and talked. I love her. I love that Noah and Ava have a mom that will move heaven and earth to do whatever she has to for her kids. She is an amazing woman and a gift from God that I never deserved, but somehow was blessed enough to have. I will forever be grateful that she decided to marry me. It was a great little get away from the crap of the last 2 weeks.

Ava continues to improve from surgery and begins some of the treatment plan next week. I am looking forward to getting rolling. We are still believing God for a miracle and know that He can do it however He wants. I go to bed every night knowing that God has her right where He wants her. She is not frustrated or in pain. She actually is quite liking everyone doing everything for her :) She will begin regular physical therapy fairly soon and she is showing great improvement in her left arm and leg muscles. I'll shoot a video tomorrow so you all can see how well she's doing. You won't believe how great she looks. She is a trooper.

Thanks again to all of you for your kind messages, well wishes and prayers. We read every single one of them even if we can't get back to you...know this, we are grateful and humbled by your love for us.

Keep praying!

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post Josh. We are still praying for you guys daily. We look forward to the video that you are going to post of Ava. She is such a little warrior:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for the update. Still helping me pray. SO thankful for your date time. I have been praying for that. You will need some time to remain strong for each other and for your kids. Praying for Ava. Thankful for her smile and laughing for your sake. Praying for your rest and strength, peace and a clear path. Good night.

    carey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for Ava, you, Lisa and Noah every day since this ordeal began. Your family is such an inspiration to all who know you, and to those who don't. What a testimony you and your family are to those who don't know God! You will all continue to be in my prayers until Ava is healed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the updates.. We are continuing to pray for you daily and are grateful for you letting all of us in like this.. Stay strong brother..
    love and Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Josh,
    I've not had the pleasure of meeting any of you. But yet I feel so close to you. My prayers are with all of you every day. I have total faith in God that things will work out..
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh,

    I'm so blessed to be a part of your expanding 'family' as a part of Northland and now Patty's FB friend. Hopefully, I'll have my Ava bracelet tomorrow and will tell everyone who asks about Ava,her illness and what Jesus has already done for her, your family and all of us.

    Once I receive my bracelet, I will wear it until Ava is CURED through the power of our great Healer and will continue to pray unceasingly for both Ava's restoration and your family's wholeness!

    Thank you, Precious Jesus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josh,
    I am so glad to here that progress is comming.
    God knew this would happen when he made the World. It is so very difficult for me to understand. It is just mind blowing for me as a father to try to wrap my head around. Chase and I pray for Ava every single night when Chase says his bed time prayers with me. I pray for your family. You are a great father Josh as is evident by your blog. God must hear our crys. Please know that so many strangers I have spoken to, have heard your story and also are praying hard.
    Jeff crandall

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like the news is getting better every day!! God has in the palm of HIS hand and you are covered in the most awesome way
    Sleep well! Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful message about your wife! Ava is lucky to have you both fighting with her. We continue to pray and look forward to seeing the video of Ava's progress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Josh and Lisa,

    So glad you had some time to be alone and love on one another.. make sure you continue to do that as it is vital in keeping you both strong and united! Also Josh it is so beautiful how you love Lisa and Lisa you are an amazing mother and wife. We continue to pray for sweet Ava and we look so forward to the video tomorrow. So glad the MD's are going to be open minded and flexiable, we are praying for God's wisdom and discernment for them.
    Many prayers and much love to the Hunter family...

    Mark and Shannon Simmonson :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear the visit w/ the oncologist wasn't too rough. I just love your perspective and look forward to reading your updates. Thanks for putting your thoughts onto this blog!

    Ava has given me some much-needed motivation for the St. Jude half marathon that I'm running this December. She is never far from my thoughts when I'm training!

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are Jenn Fortson/Brian Heldt's family (I am their sister in law). Everynight during family devotions we pray for Ava, it hits so close to home with a 5 year old and 4 year old of our own. A year ago Jonah had Cerebelitis (a brain infection that had traveled up his spine) he was in the hospital for a week and it took weeks for him to recover. We didn't know if it would affect him for just a while or forever (he couldn't walk or talk). But one thing was sure, God's Grace. Even though we (as you) fell apart many times a day, God was always there to lift us up, hold us, comfort us.

    We are praying for a miracle for Ava, we too believe that with God ALL things are possible. We believe He can heal Ava. We'll be praying for her EVERYDAY, all the way over in hawaii.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. With all the support Ava has, how can she not get thru this!!! Looking forward to hearing nothing but good reports ahead!! !:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your updates, and know that Ava and your entire family are in our continual thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your updates I follow whats going on everyday and pray for Ava and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Although your family does not know me, know that I am praying for Ava and your family. As a mom of what appears to be a healthy 5 yr old, this hits really close to home. I'm believing that God will do a miraculous work with Ava.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Onco docs are a specialized breed, I believe. I want(ed) to be one, ped onc at that.

    Docs want your child to live - fully, completely, until the ripe age of 80+. They, too, are in the fight against an uninvited guest for the long haul.

    Your daughter, and you, Lisa, Noah, are in the very capable hands of docs who went into ped onc to save lives, to go home at night and feel they made a difference. The news they give will never be perfect for the only perfect news would be, your precious child never had the trashy guest in the first place.

    My heart goes out to you as you weave your way through a scary, dark, unnerving, unknown path... hopefully, toward a successful recovery.

    Prayers and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Josh, thank you so much for keeping us informed about your precious little girl. You and Lisa are always in my thoughts and prayers. As a Mom, I always say a special prayers for Lisa. I pray for strength, wisdom and peace.

    God bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  19. You guys are so loved by people you've never met who are part of your greater, spiritual family and I consider myself among that group. Amazing that the internet connects us to so many people who can love us without ever meeting us. I pray for you all daily. As you read this I pray for so much strength and encouragement for you that it defies understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We have been out of town and just heard about Ava from our next door neighbor. We are praying for you all and will continue to do so. Ava is much loved!

    Nancy, Faith, and Drew Dickens (Ava's former Sunday School teachers)

    ReplyDelete