Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ava's Home

We reached milestone 1. Ava is well enough from her surgery to be on her own. We packed up the uhaul and left the hospital at about 1pm today. That was great to get out of there. Ava doesn't miss it one bit. That victory was enough to get us to this moment...the real work begins now.

The second part of the mission is to get Ava well and rid of cancer. Honestly, it's hard to even type that. We know the journey ahead is long and arduous. We pray that we will have the strength to lean on God each day and look for only what He wants from us for that day. I'm not very good at that. Fortunately, Lisa is. So, at least I have someone to look up to.

The reality that we are now to the hard part is sinking in. Keep praying for us and praying for Ava. I'll keep you posted...

26 comments:

  1. Praying...this is a huge milestone your sweet Ava is home. Praying that God will continue to direct your steps and that he will provide all that Ava will need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah 58:8 (New International Version)

    8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
    and your healing will quickly appear;
    then your righteousness will go before you,
    and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard
    Believeing this for you all. The Johnson's

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has to be so hard to put your feelings into words for everyone to see. But we thank you Josh, I come to this page every day to see how Ava is doing, and it is amazing to watch how God is in control of this illness. He will use all of this to teach others what true faith can do in times of crisis. May God truly bless and keep you in His hands. You are loved by many.

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying with you every step of the way. I love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proverbs 21:30-31 (New International Version)
     30 There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD.
     31 The horse is made ready for the day of battle, 
but victory rests with the LORD.

    I am praying for you. Knowing that today was a good day...but a reality must hit that the battle is far from done. BUT God is still just as big as He was yesterday! Praying for sweet rest for Ava in her own bed and house. Praying for a clear healing path. Praying the road will be quicker and lighter than expected. Thinking of each of you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beating this is like eating an elephant - one bite at a time. Father walks just ahead of you in this journey and can already see the end. The sun literally never sets on the prayer going before God for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your link on Kelly's Korner Blog. My cousin was diagnosed in Dec. 2006, at the age of 24 with GBM. His caringbridge site is www.caringbridge.org/vist/johnpurvis...thought you might like to connect with someone who is on a similar journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying! I've never met you guys personally but have been blessed to attend Summit and I know that God loves you all so much. You are being so strong. I cannot fathom how scary this must be. I pray that God comforts you all during this challenging time. My thoughts and prayers for sweet Ava are constant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Josh, I recently picked up a little blue book off the shelf when I was at Borders that grabbed my attention,(I'm certain not coincidentally), simply titled WHY? It was written by Anne Graham Lotz. The subtitle is Trusting God When You Don't Understand. I brought it home, started reading, and couldn't put it down. It has helped me so much, and recommend it highly in case you haven't read it. Over and over I was reminded that God's picture for our lives is much bigger than our own, and to trust His greater purpose when bad things happen. I have been reminded that "God is never late, he is never early, he is always right on time! But . . . His timing can be very different from ours!" WHY trust Him? Because I truly believe God has far greater miracles in mind for Ava and the Hunter family than any of us could ever imagine. Please know that you are all in my constant prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just stopped in to let you know that someone else is praying. I will be lifting sweet Ava and all of you up to our precious Lord daily. If it is ok, i would like to add her name to my prayer blog.

    Hold on to the Truth of His Word.

    "For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD" (Jeremiah 30:17)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Much love and prayers from the Simonson family. We have many friends and family praying for sweet Ava, you, Lisa, Noah and your parents. Bible verses escape me and no words even seem enough. So let me just say I know GOD is with all of you and we pray for complete healing for Ava and peace, guidance, direction and dicernment for all of you! Please know as I have said each time we are here for any and anything we could do. House sitting, pet walking, cooking, cleaning, taking phone calls at Hunter Vision or helping there, ANYTHING! Please do not hesitate to ask! Much Love and prayers.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praise God for this first milestone! What a strong little girl you have on your hands! I don't personally know you but your dad has been our pastor for many years and I can take a guess that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree when it comes to strength :) The strength that your dad demonstrated on Sunday when he spoke of Ava, your family and the Word was simply amazing.

    I am blown away at how quickly Ava's story has spread and how many prayer warriors you have behind you. I pray that this brings you great comfort and peace. God has BIG plans for Ava - no doubt about it!!

    We continue to lift you up in prayer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andee & Terry FayJuly 7, 2010 at 7:49 AM

    Josh, Lisa, Ava, Noah and the entire Hunter extended family you are in our prayers. Our daughters ages 4 & 7 pray Ava every night and ask how she is doing. We are on this journey with you, you are not alone. Praying for strength and wisdom for each day.

    The Fays

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Hunter family,

    My wife and I are clinic clowns, and we have written a letter to Ava. Nathen Clark we receive the letter from me soon. We live in Germany but I mailed it yesterday. I hope it gets to you.

    If Ava likes the Letter we will gladly write more.

    Alles Gute und Liebe,

    Eric J. Kolb
    info@verschwaegert.de

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck! Glad to hear you're out of the hospital. We've had some experience on that front with our son, and there is nothing easy about that at all. Prayers for a long and healthy life for Ava.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Came from Lauren's blog... going to add this little angel to my prayer list...

    How these little ones find such strength - its so amazing to watch! Praying for the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wanted to share this website. This guy is a Christian, who has discovered some wonderful ways to beat cancer. I am praying for your precious Ava.
    http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.knowthecause.com%2F&h=4f750s9396fYRWsXSrm_A82RF6Q

    ReplyDelete
  18. Praying for your sweet Ava. I attend Northland. And just let me say, your precious girl is an inspiration. She will fight this battle and come out victorious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know you said you were done researching, but I have followed a blog about a little boy with GBM. He was diagnosed in 2006 and as of his last scan was cancer free. He has a caringbridge page. His name is Andon Zehring. I am not sure what type of treatment he had, but I just thought it might be helpful to look into.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just wanted to let you know I am praying for Ava and all of you. God is watching over this situation and I know He has a plan for Ava. Ava is such a strong little girl and that is partly due to the loving family she has that gives her such strength, partly because she is just an amazing, beautiful child, and partly because God gives strength to all His children. Take care of Ava and remember to take care of yourself, too. She needs you to be strong and present - don't wear yourself down - give yourself grace. I look forward to hearing more success stories.
    -Tina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Praying in Baltimore, MD for your little girl. May God bless your family with strenght.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I got your link from Kelly's Korner Blog today. Someone may have already given you this link, but there is a precious family in North Carolina who has a son who was diagnosed with GBM when he was two months old. The prognosis was not good (if I remember correctly, about a year), but he has overcome many obstacles and is now eighteen months old and is doing well. The link to their site is www.caringbridge.org/visit/babybrilliant. The Brilliants are strong Christians; perhaps they can help you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are so glad to hear that Ava is now home. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Alexis, Mitch, Katie and Emma Salerno

    ReplyDelete
  24. Praying in Shreveport La.....Will be keeping up with your blog and added you to my sidebar..

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE TO READ HOW MUCH YOU GUYS LOVE THE LORD AND AVITA... JESUS IS ALWAYS WITH YOU... THE MERE FACT THAT YOU ARE TOUCHING SO MANY PEOPLE WITH YOUR WRITINGS OF FAITH AND LOVE IS NOT ONLY A BLESSING BUT A TRUE VICTORY FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND THIS TRIAL IS RE-FOCUSING YOU GUYS IN JESUS 24/7 THE ONLY TRUE HEALER AND YOUR VERY FIRST LOVE! WE ARE PRAYING.. ESTAMOS ORANDO..

    ReplyDelete
  26. i am praying for little Ava & your family.She is on my mind so much.May God wrap his arms around her & give her strength.I know you will never give up hope,God's love & blessing for the Hunter family.

    ReplyDelete