Friday, July 23, 2010

Lisa's Birthday

It was a great day. Tonight we celebrated Lisa's life with a couple of friends. She loved it and so did I. The longer you are married, the more your spouse's birthday becomes more about what they want and less about what you want for them. I love it that I spent her birthday at a restaurant with a friend of hers and her husband. First of all, her friend's husband is a top notch guy who I am really growing to like...second, seeing Lisa enjoying every minute of her birthday in spite of the circumstances at home, did my heart good.

God gave me an incredible wife. I am so grateful. I can't wait for the next 50 years by her side. She is an amazing woman with a capacity that I can only hope to have some day.

Lisa, I love you.

May this be your best year ever.

5 comments:

  1. Josh you blessed our entire family when you married Lisa. You truly did find a Proverbs 31 woman --"Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies. Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life....She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness. She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness. Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: 'There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!'”
    Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Reward her for all she has done.
    Let her deeds publicly declare her praise." Proverbs 31:10b, 11, 25-31 (NLT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with the world your journey. You probably don't realize it but you are being used to speak into each of our own lives and point us to Christ beyond even Ava's situation. My husband and I have taken very little time this past year to date and be sweethearts. Other priorities have seemed to consume our own time. When I see you take time out together in the midst of crisis to enjoy the blessing and sweetness of marriage it is a friendly reminder to me of where my own priorities should be. Even thinking the other day about Noah still teasing his little sister made me look a little more fondly and patiently upon my own 3 rambunctious boys as they teased/picked on each other all day. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you guys were able to enjoy a night out, take some time to be a couple and celebrate Lisa's birthday!

    I pray that Ava is having a great day!

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a good, and faithful Husband who loves God, his wife and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa I don't know you or Josh but I am so happy to read that you had a happy birthday celebration and that God lifted you up on your special day! I pray that your year ahead will continue to be filled with ALL of His Blessings. Happy Belated Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete