Ava is good today. Happy, sad, mad, laughing...normal day for a 5 year old girl.
We talked to a mom of a girl who had exactly what Ava has last night. Her daughter is 3 years past this diagnosis and has no sign of a tumor as of this day. What an encouragement it was! So, a special thank you today goes out to our new friend, Renee.
I worked a full day at Hunter Vision. That was awesome. I likely was about 25% as productive as normal, but it was good to be there.
Lisa is getting everything all squared away from our big move back home from the hospital.
Here are the prayer requests for tonight:
1. Pray that the tumor shrinks to nothing and that Ava will be completely healed.
2. Pray for sustained energy for Lisa as she works hard to care for Ava at home.
3. Pray for the doc follow up appointment on Friday and that we will make wise decisions regarding Ava's care going forward.
4. Pray that Hunter Vision will be great for our patients and that the final details before open will come together.
5. Pray that the new "normal" comes easy and that we adjust as a family.
6. Pray that God takes care of the finances as her ongoing care will be thousands of dollars that we will need to find or earn. (I'm not worried about this one, but I do pray about it because when the rubber meets the road, it's for real).
A couple things to be thankful for:
1. We are home :)
2. Ava is regaining significant strength in her left leg and even moved her left arm on her own today!
3. The support system we have has been incredible.
4. Ava is in no pain whatsoever.
And for all this. We are blessed.
I'll be back tomorrow....
Thank you Josh..prayed for each one of these, we so much appreciate your updates!
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting Josh...we all feel like your extended family now!
ReplyDeleteWe're on it....praying for you Hunters! Praising God for Renee too....that is VERY encouraging!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Josh!
ReplyDeletePraying with you everyday! So glad sweet Ava is home!
The Callahan's :)
I came across your blog through a prayer request, and Im praying hard for your little girl! I can tell that she has a wonderful support system surrounding her.
ReplyDeleteI attend Summit and have been following your blog since I read about Ava on Issac's blog. I am praying for Ava and your family and hope Ava gets well soon!
ReplyDeletePraying for your family and Ava's recovery. If Lisa needs any help call me Kim 407-739-7986. I can cook a meal, clean or do whatever. I'm a teacher at Lyman High School and my family has attended Northland for 16 years. Kim Carpenter
ReplyDeletePraying for your sweet family! You can count on us for daily prayers....we have an Ava too! Praying for God to tell the doctors what Ava needs for a compete healing!
ReplyDeleteLots of hugs your way.....
Praying Josh....for all these things. Tell Lisa I got her covered well and that I'm praying Ava & Noah would be patient with her. So thankful for getting that function back on Ava's left side. I'll do anything you need. Going to make my Hunter Vision appt soon too :)
ReplyDelete-carey-
A beautiful name for a beautiful little girl; prayers, blessings and hope to her and her family.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the updates Josh. I know all I can do is pray and with your updates I know exactly what to pray for. I know this is the hardest thing you have ever had to go through but know we love you and thousands of people who don't even know you & your family are praying for Ava and the rest of your family. I know we are going to witness a miracle in your precious child. Stay strong and love & prayers to all of you.
ReplyDeleteI run a website called YASG.com, young adults surviving glioblastoma, you can email me her story to post, and also i have a forums section that you can post to, and receives international attention and support
ReplyDeletethanks
www.yasg.com
Thank you for the update and the specific prayer requests!
ReplyDeleteAlways praying...always believing...
I am a online worshipper of Northland on sundays though I attend my local church.
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray for Ava.
Thank you for the update and it really helps us to pray for you when you let us know what we need to be praying for..We are continuing in this journey with you and praying daily.. God Bless you all!
ReplyDeleteChris Belessis
My family and I will not stop praying for you! Not only am I praying for you continuously throughout every day, but every night my 3 and 5 year old boys pray for Ava. Every morning my 5 year old asks me how she is doing. Praise God for small steps! You are never alone.
ReplyDeleteThank you for keeping us up to date and how to pray. God has blessed Ava and Noah with awesome parents. We are continuing to pray for your family and Ava. Love, The Kemps
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for keeping us in the loop with how things are.....it helps to know how to pray for you all. Our family will continue to lift you up.
ReplyDeleteWe will be praying for you and your family. I know this is such a difficult time for you guys. I am hoping to have some great things in store for you soon. I will talk to Lisa about it next time she calls. I wanted to share with you what Katlin and I did yesterday. We went through all of her belongings, get well cards, etc. We threw away all of the things that remind us of our old "cancer life". She was hanging on to these for such a long time. We pretended we had samuri swords and we were cutting the invisible cord attatching us to that life. She had so much fun with it! You guys will be doing the same thing with Ava before long. That time will come <3 Renee
ReplyDeleteIt’s so great to hear the pros in the midst of the cons!!! And what a source of encouragement to hear of someone who has beat the odds. God knows exactly what we need at the exact moment we need it. And I’m sure that was music to your ears to hear that!! Continuing to pray always!!
ReplyDeletePraying for Ava via Kelly's Korner Blog.
ReplyDeleteWelcome Home Ava !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteDear Josh,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Stacy Carto. I am a friend of the Kiblers. They have shared your story with me and directed me to your blog. I have been reading about your journey and have been lifting continual prayers up to the Lord for you and your family. When I read your blog requesting anyone out there to do research for you guys I had one specific thought come to mind. A friend of mine in Florida has a daughter that was diagnosed at 18 months with an inoperable brain tumor. She was diagnosed with a grade 4 brain tumor. This little girl is now 9 years old and is thriving. I called my friend and had extensive conversation about her experience and what treatment they chose to use. She shared a wealth of information that I would like to pass along to you, as well as an open invitation to call her husband at any time to talk and hear more in depth about the information I am giving to you. After realizing that chemo and radiation were not going to be effective for their daughter, they chose to use a product called Protocel to treat their her (www.protocel.com). Another website that she recommended for information about this is www.outsmartyourcancer.com. They also sought help from a woman named Jeanne Wallace who gives nutrutional counseling for cancer patients. She gave them guidelines for their daughter on what she should eat that would decrease cell growth and what foods were best for her to eat and avoid. The site is www.nutritionalsolutions.com. Jeanne is very committed to helping families and will take the time to talk to you individually for free. My friend had many good things to say about her. This is just the tip of the iceberg of what Lisa had to say to me. Again, please feel free to call Jerry Guajardo at 954-871-3474. It is their heart and passion to help those who are going through the same circumstances as they did. They love the Lord and will be praying for you also. God bless you.
My name is Lori Harper and my husband is Josh Harper (also a pastor). Our three year old son Jedidiah was diagnosed with a rare, aggressive cancer just 3 short months ago. Oh how we are praying for your sweet Ava! I know God has BIG things planned for our children and I can't wait to see what He is going to do in their lives! What an amazing testimony they will have! Please know we are praying without ceasing. Much Love! The Harpers
ReplyDeleteI attend Granger Community Church and have been following your blog after Mark posted about Ava. To help with the medical costs, I'm sure Ava would qualify for Children's Special Health Care Services (that's what it's called in Michigan). Check with your local health department. It is for kids with these kinds of diagnosis. It is a state funded Medicaid that will pay what your primary insurance does not (or cover all of it if you don't have insurance). Your monthly fee will depend on your income, but it will be very minimal compared to what you would be paying on your own. Income is not the issue, the diagnosis is. They will let you know what to do to get the process started, and they will obtain records from her Dr regarding her diagnosis. It will be retroactive for 3 months, so it will cover the hospital stay too. The last thing you need on your mind now is the financial burden. My family will continue to pray for your family.
ReplyDeleteDEAR BRETHREN...AVA AND YOU ARE IN MY PRAYERS. WE HAVE A SON WHO WAS HEALED FROM THE IMPOSSIBLE GENETIC CONDITION DOWN'S SYNDROME AND IS NOW AN INT'L EVANGELIST, PREACHER, A+ 3RD YR BIBLE INST. STUDENT AND IS USED IN MANY WAYS FOR GOD'S GLORY. THE LORD USES HIM AS A VESSEL FOR JESUS TO MANIFEST HIS HEALING AS WELL. BY LOOKING AT YOUR PROFILE I SEE THAT YOU ARE FROM ORLANDO, EXACTLY WHERE JON AND HIS DAD JOHN WILL BE IN A COUPLE OF DAYS (HE IS MINISTERING IN GA. AND THEN ORLANDO). I FEEL FROM THE LORD THAT JON SHOULD PRAY FOR YOUR ANGEL, HE IS AN ANGEL HIMSELF WITH A HEART OF A CHILD, THE CHARACTER OF JESUS AND THE WISDOM OF THE MANIFESTATION OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. PLEASE CALL MY HUSBAND JOHN PISCOLA AT HIS CELL 786-367-6687 SO THAT JON COULD PRAY FOR AVA IN ORLANDO. YOU MAY ALSO CALL ME AT 305-522-9973 AND CK JON'S WEB SITE WWW.JESUS-SYNDROME.COM (IT'S VERY BASIC) AND IF YOU PLEASE PLEASE SEND ME YOUR E-MAIL I WOULD SEND YOU A POWERFUL PRAYER VIDEO CLIP OF JON PRAYING FOR JESUS TO HEAL THE SICK VERY HEARTFELT WITH TEARS AND CRYING OUT... JOSH THE LORD HEARS THIS JESUS SYNDROME BOY...PL CONTACT US IN JESUS' NAME AMEN. SISTER NERTY EMAIL NERTY4JESUS@YAHOO.COM
ReplyDeleteBill Johnson is a pastor of a church in Redding, California. His ministry has an anointing to pray for those who suffer with cancer and God has been doing a miraculous work in this area. If you have not heard him before I recommend that you take a look. I do not think you will be disappointed. For more information : http://www.ibethel.org/site/healing-rooms-ministry
ReplyDelete