Thursday, September 9, 2010

You can watch it if you missed it.

Ava's memorial service. What a gift.

Click Here

45 comments:

  1. so blessed to have been there. your family is a true depiction of the Lords strength and power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how God ministered to so many through sweet Ava's memorial. Your wife said it best when she said that pure love cast out all fear. How true.
    My prayers continue for your family. I pray for strength, I pray for peace, I pray for comfort from our heavenly father.
    God bless the entire Hunter family now and always.
    ~Angela Gable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Service!!!!!!! I am praying for you Lisa and Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a beautiful service. I feel so privileged that I was able to be there and to serve. It was an honor!

    Prayers and blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, uplifting service! Thank you for sharing it with us and for sharing your journey through this time. Prayers continue for you, Lisa and Noah and for your families.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful service today. The amount of love that you could feel, the moment you stepped into the auditorium...it was overwelming. Thank you so much for allowing us to be there, and for sharing all that you have with us. It was important for us to feel like we could be there with your family...our extended "family" there at Northland...and celebrate the life of your precious girl, whom we have all fallen in love with. We will continue to pray for you, Lisa, Noah, and of course the entire Hunter family. What an absolute remarkable family!!!! We love you all, so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing it with us! It was beautiful just like Ava. Will continue praying for the days ahead. You continue to be such an example to me and I am thankful for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful service! A celebration of a life that touched many. I was touched by Josh's comments about time...so moving! I enjoyed every photo in the slideshows especially the ones when Ava was just a newborn. As we get ready to welcome our first baby in a few weeks, I will treasure every photo taking opportunity and spend time with our new family.

    Uncle Isaac did a tremendous job of officiating and Joel's words at the close were perfect. I do feel touched and changed by Ava's journey.

    We will continue to pray for your family and thank you for sharing your journey with us all. God bless you!

    Doug and Bernice Allen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing, both this post and your journey. Your words and Ava's precious life have been SUCH a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know of a family in Texas who have experienced the loss of a child to cancer. Her name was Layla Grace and she was two years old. In honor of her memory her parents started the Layla Grace Foundation. This is an amazing foundation that focuses on research for childhood cancer. If you check out there site www.laylagrace.org you might find some comfort in knowing that there is a wonderful group of people who are trying to make sure families don’t have to loose a child to cancer. Definitely worth checking it out. Who knows maybe we can even start a chapter here in FL. My heart goes out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched Ava's memorial live online today. It was one of the most beautiful services I've ever witnessed. A wonderful celebration of her amazing life. I was humbled and awed at the mercy of God's love. Your family is a true testament to that love. Thank you for your honesty and bravery in sharing your family's journey with us all. Sending you all the love and prayers this humble heart can muster.

    your sister in Christ,
    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing the service with us-what a blessing it was to be there to celebrate Ava's life! ~Diana Jacobacci

    ReplyDelete
  13. Josh, Lisa & Noah-
    What a wonderful memorial service. It was a great testiment to God and to Ava. The love & confidence that poured out from Ava was evident in the pictures and stories that were shared.
    Thank you, again, for sharing the service with so many of us that prayed for her and grew to love her and the Hunter family in the last 10 weeks.
    I plan on keeping up with your blog and will be praying for you all in the days and months ahead.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was such a great service and I was blessed to be there also. Ava had such spunk! I love that one of her favorite songs to dance to was by the Jackson 5...I mean, who doesn't love the Jackson 5?! :) I was also moved to tears by the strength of you, Noah and Lisa. Ava was amazing b/c of you guys, what you taught her, how you raised her and how you loved her; you should be incredibly proud of her. And, it's a testament to you and your entire family! thank you so much for sharing your journey with everyone.
    - anne-marie wurzel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Josh, Lisa and Noah,
    What a beautiful service for Ava today. Thank you for being so gracious and sharing it online. I continue to be amazed by each of you. Noah, for a young man of 12 I was so impressed that you got up and shared a little about your sister today. I know many adults (including myself) who would not have been able to do that!

    The service was a great testimony of a Great God and the blessings that he can bestow on a family even in the darkest circumstances!

    I will continue to pray for peace and comfort for you in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Josh, Lisa, and Noah,
    What a beautiful celebration of Ava Belle today! Thank you for sharing her with us, as many have already said, we all have fallen in love with her! Thank you for sharing with us such an intimate time for your family. She truly was a gift to all of us. She is such a beautiful little girl, inside and out, no wonder God wanted her back at home with him. And what courage she had to beat that "piece of crap"! My mom and I attended the service and we enjoyed the many stories, sharing laughter and tears with the people around us. What a testimony of faith your family gave. It took a lot of courage for your family to stand up there, it was absolutely amazing and beautiful. We are here for you and your family. We carry you in prayer day and night. You and your Ava Belle have forever changed our lives and warmed our hearts, even with the many many tears that have been shed. We are forever grateful for the way she has changed our lives. She's dancing with Jesus!
    Much love and prayer,
    Christy Falkner

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just learned today while watching the memorial that Ava's middle name was Belle. I believe that means beautiful....and she is the epitomy of beauty! I felt love so deep within me just looking at her in those beautiful picutes. She was an amazing little girl and you are all an amazing family. Thank you for sharing in this online so we could all celebrate her life. It was a wonderful service and inspiring me even more to value every moment I have with my children. Noah is such a wonderful young man to speak so lovingly about his little sis. My prayers will continue to lift you. Sue Schutz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. How great is our God? He is so strong...so strong and so mighty, there is nothing our God can not do. May He bring peace and comfort to you as you face the next few days, weeks, months, years, until you hold Ava again in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing service it was, your familie's Faith and strength are so INCREDIBLY inspiring!!! You're sweet angel has touched so many lives of people that she never even met, I am one of them, and she has left an AMAZING legacy by inspiring people to be so strong and to believe whole-heartedly in our Amazing God! I will continue to pray for your family and may you have peace in your hearts knowing she is free from pain and dancing with our heavenly Father!!!!
    She is so lucky to have had such a remarkable Dad that has such a "Godly" view on life and that loved his little princess sooooo much. As well as a very strong mother and brother!!!!
    Sincerely-Nichole Topelski

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful service! Thank you for sharing it with us. I am one of those people your father mentioned, changed forever by Ava's life. I will continue to lift your amazing family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Josh and Lisa,
    The service was beautiful and you could totally feel God's presence. Thank you for sharing the past 10 weeks with us and letting us pray for your sweet family. We will continue to pray for you and your family. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautifully done! To Celebrate Amazing Ava is to celebrate an unfathomable Jesus. She is every promise He ever made personified. In life His spirit shone through her big blue eyes; today it shines through everyone who speaks the name of Jesus because of your little girl.

    I was touched deeply when you said that everyday you give her to God, and so far He has returned that gift, but like Isaac, one day you may have to follow through.

    I'm sorry that day came for you, but I am thankful to the One who received your precious gift.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Josh...this service was a testimony to how well Ava served God in her precious sweet time on this earth. I did not know her, my daughter, who is only 7, did not know her...but we loved her and prayed for her and kept her in our thoughts, every day! Every day, STILL. I feel fortunate to have heard of your story and I look forward to the day that we can just hug your family in person and thank you for allowing us into your life during the most difficult and trying moments you were enduring. Ava is surely smiling down on you and God is surely wrapping his arms around you...as are so many of us here.

    Many blessings and much love to you, Lisa, Noah and your entire extended family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a sweet time of worship today. And through your precious Ava what an amzing picture of the body of Christ united on earth and in heaven in worshiping our Lord. Thank you for your transparency,Josh,and the love and courage you, Lisa and Noah showed us today.
    Your family continues to be in our prayers.

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  25. It was beautiful. Your (whole) family blows me away.

    Feeling a unique heaviness for you & Lisa tonight. Not sure if it's my own response to the finality of it all after Ava's service, or perhaps the Spirit's promting for you tonight. Either way, I'm purposing to pray for you both rather than simply staying sad. Never without hope...

    Susan W.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Memorial was so beautiful. Your family is a beautiful example of what it looks like to grow up with sound Christian upbringing and being raised fully immersed in Scripture. You can face something like this and still say God is so good. For the past ten weeks I have just wanted to give Lisa a hug to encourage her and support her. After visualizing her grace, will and strength today I realized I was the one needing the hug. I thought the Lord was my help, but you all made me see I have so far to go. You and she and Noah are pillars of strength, strongly rooted in the truths of God's word. It is I that is so weak. You all have brought about so many great things in our life these past few weeks, cumlminating with my daughter Evie asking Jesus into her heart last night. We had been discussing it for awhile so last night I told her to repeat after me the prayer of salvation and before I even started she excitedly yelled "Jesus come live in my heart forever, come live in my heart forever." We have also felt since diagnosis this "gift" was something we needed to use to honor God with. We knew he allowed it in our lives and we have wanted to honor Him through it. We have yet to figure out the best way to do that, but are just tired of doing little things that are small. Picked up the phone and called Child Life on the Oncology floor of AP to set up a dinner for family and staff. We have to do something and to encourage and support families going through this is certainly a start. We are hoping God will guide us from there. Your family is an inspiration. I want faith as trusting and secure as yours. I know so many other people must feel the same way. We all trust Christ, but to trust, to know and feel as secure as you do in Him was so beautiful to see today. You owed noone anything, this could have been very private if you had chosen.Instead you gave such a beautiful gift in allowing us to witness the celebration of your lovely daughter and the celebration of a family that experiences Jesus in a very intimate way. God bless you revered brother Noah, God bless you precious Mom Lisa and God bless you loving father Joshua. You are all loved and prayed for.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I watched the entire video. What a beautiful service and celebration of that little girls life. I cried and laughed. I loved the Tim Tebow, with her throwing the ball and telling the big kids to not tell her what to do. We are good friends with the Tebow family. My husband played in the NFL, and has known Tim since he was 12 years old. He now plays for the same team my husband played for.

    I loved her beautiful eyes and reminds me much of my little girl too. I have been following a little girl who is just turned 6 named Kate McRae for a year now who has been battling brain cancer.

    http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate

    My heart broke again as I am reminded that one more worrier has been lost.

    I started a program here in South Florida called "Clicks of Love" and its a non profit organization. I get professional photographers to volunteer their talent to taking portraits of families and their sick children in the hospital when their children cant leave. Working on the website for it too.

    In your last post you asked how has Ava touched us.

    My first thought was, I just found out about her a few days ago and read her story for the first time.

    TOnight I thought about her and came to see if their were new post, and there were. I realized tonight for the first time her name is Ava Hunter. I didn't notice that last time that your last name was Hunter. As my sons name is Hunter.

    I believe fully that peoples stories do not come to ones ear by mistake. I believe that I was meant to know about Ava and her story for a reason. If that be to be one more praying for you guys. One more to shed a tear for her loss. God knows my heart. He knows that I am very sensitive to the families of a lost child. He knows that I will eternalize everything and I will hurt and feel pain as if I knew her personally. I will mourn with you guys, and I have.

    Although I cant say that Ava "changed my life" in the past tense. I can say that she changed my life tonight by watching her mermorial service, hearing stories about her and viewing her images.... imagining that being my own child. Tonight I am reminded that I need a "slow down"... I need to slow it down and get my focus back on whats most important. I need to stop and really hear what my children want to talk to me about, not half being listening and half thinking of the next thing to get done on my to-do-list. Tonight, I told my husband about Ava as he asked me what I was watching, and I responded a little girls memorial service. Tonight we decided to get our little girl out of bed and put her in between us. We don't do that nearly enough. (My son is at his dads tonight or I would snuggle up next to him too!)

    So tonight Ava is helping me to focus on slowing it down and reminding me to be more patient and lest annoyed at all the things my kids do....just being kids. So what if Morgan messes us the beds. I am going to be thankful she is there to mess them up. Instead of yelling at her to get out of my shoes in the closet, I am going to be thankful she is there to walk in them.

    Tomorrow instead of thinking about what I "need to get done".. I am going to ask Morgan "what would you like to do?" AND THEN DO IT!

    So I want to thank you and your family for sharing Ava with me here. I want to thank GOD for letting her legacy find its way to me. I want to thank AVA for being so brave, so positive and so strong.... and I want to thank AVA for reminding me that I only have time.....and to slow it down and appreciate it. Cherish it.

    Praying for you all.

    PS: I see a lot of Ava and her brothers relationship in my kids. He loved his little sister as my Hunter loves his little sister Morgan. Its special.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'll lend to you a little while a child of mine God said, for you to love the while she lives and mourn for when she's gone.

    It may be six or seven years or twenty-two or three, but will you till I call her home take care of her for me?

    She'll bring you joy and happiness but should her stay be brief....you'll have her loving memories as solace from your grief.

    I cannot promise she will stay, since all from earth return. But there are lessons taught below I want this child to learn.

    I've looked the wide world over in my quest for teachers true and from the throngs that crowd life's lane I have selected YOU.

    Now will you give her all your love nor think your labor vain...nor try to turn against Me when I call her home again?

    I fancied that I heard them say "Dear Lord, your will be done. For all the joy your child shall bring the risk of grief we'll run. We'll shelter her with tenderness, we'll love her while we may and for the happiness we've known forever grateful stay."

    But should the angels call for her much sooner than we planned, we'll brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I watched the service online, it was 11pm here on the other side of the world. It was really beautiful. I loved all the stories and the sharing about Ava. I laughed and I cried. She was truly a gift from the Lord. Never have I seen a little girl with so much courage and strength and spirit, and so full of love for God and all those around her, and with wisdom beyond her years.
    There were so many heartbreaking moments of truth as well as hope. I am humbled by the love and support and strength in the Hunter family and the church, you are truly a testament to God's faithfulness and love.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This message is for Lisa - You are a tower of strength, a most gracious woman, the embodiment of Christ, tangible amazing grace, and an inspiration to us all. May god bless you, and keep you, and make His face shine upon you. I, like so many other mothers, hold you in a special place and will pray for your continued strength, wisdom, and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  31. The service was very powerful. It was a testiment to love and faith. Our family has walked the path you are now walking. We have a dear son/brother in Heaven too. He also died of a brain tumor. So many of the things you all said are things we also felt and said. I would not have missed having him in my life or being his mother for all the pain that losing him meant. We were also grateful to God for giving him to us for the time we had him with us.
    There will be some difficult days ahead and it takes a lot longer than most people think. You don't really ever 'get over it', you learn to make a new normal and cope with the life without your precious one in it. Take good care of yourselves and each other, respecting each person's different style of grieiving.Your family's support will be most helpful. God will carry you. . . as will the prayers of your many friends. I figured since my son was with Jesus, if I stayed close to Jesus, I would never be too far from him. I prayed to Jesus when I wanted my son to hear something from me and asked Jesus to tell him for me. When I heard about Ava, I prayed so hard that you would get your miracle this side of Heaven. I didn't want you to have to experience what you are right now. When I heard that she had left this earthly life for Heaven, I asked Jesus to allow my son to welcome her there too. I imagine there was a huge crowd along side of Jesus welcoming your dear daughter. I promise to pray for you, Lisa and Noah for a LONG time. You will be in my prayer journal so I don't forget...as if I could. She touched so many lives, mine included.God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Josh, Lisa & Noah,

    What a beautiful service. I was truly blessed, I watched from my desk at work. I wanted to be there but was just not able to attend so I watched online. I was so touched and I am forever changed by your Ava and your family. I pray that the peace which surpasses all understaing would be upon you all. God bless you.

    Frances A

    ReplyDelete
  33. Chaplain Jennifer AdamsSeptember 10, 2010 at 1:33 PM

    From Puerto Angel, Mexico.

    We thank you Brother Josh, family, and Northland for blessing us with your beloved Ava! What a honor to worship our Heavenly Father with you at such at time as this.

    You have blessed us with your courage, grace, and passion for Christ. May the Lord bless and keep you and your dear family. We are praying for you; take comfort in the fact that your beloved Ava is dancing with our Savior.

    "HE will wipe away all of your tears..."

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Dear Josh and Lisa,
    At the risk of being presumptive I have been thinking of organizations that may be able to help you with medical expenses such as the American Cancer Society and Muscular Dystrophy Association and perhaps others. I have no idea how much or if any funds would be available; but it would probably be worth the time to inquire. Unless you have someone else involved I would be glad to inquire regarding these agency's policies.
    Winnie Gustafson

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow!!! It was so beautifully perfect. I made the trip from Tampa that morning after dropping the kiddos off at school. Ava's classmate, my son Rocco, had a chance to watch her slide show after school. He got a huge kick out of seeing his buddy and he said, "Whoa, I wish I got to see Jesus." He talks daily about Ava listening to him from Heaven....as if now he thinks he has to be on his best behavior..HA! We sure do think about that peanut and reminisce over the short, but impactful time my husband and I got to know her. She is one of a kind...and I can tell Noah is one heck of a young man! God bless you always. P.S. Lisa & Josh...WOW!!!! You two are amazing. Thank you for your courage to stand before us sharing in your experience. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Francesca (Kid's Stuff)September 10, 2010 at 3:21 PM

    What a beautiful service. Ava has touched so many hearts. Throughout this tragic time I've been talking to my friend about Ava and the situation and she found a song that really touched me and reminded me of her. It's by The Band Perry and it's called "If I Die Young" It is beautiful, just like little Ava.

    love and prayers to you, Lisa, and Noah

    ReplyDelete
  37. Josh, Lisa and Noah,
    You have heard it over and over, Ava has changed people; you have changed people....I have been changed. God has drawn me closer to Himself while I have prayed for you. Even though I am far in distance, I am side by side with you in prayer. My whole family is.
    Jill (Huff) Wade

    ReplyDelete
  38. Josh, Lisa, and Noah,

    Wow. The strength. I am without words. My mom and I both felt the same after watching your family, our family (your dad and my mom are 1st cousins) at Ava's memmorial service. We were strengthened by your words, your love, your conviction. We encouraged our entire branch of the Hunter family to watch. I am not sure if you are aware but we lost another Hunter on Sept. 4th, Natalie Hauptman (2nd cousin to Josh). Tomorrow, at her service, I know I will think of the words I heard from Isaac and your father, from you. Her illness was extremely different, her pain as well, but I pray she is in God's hands. Please pray for her boys, Billy (13) and Joshua (11).
    Much love and continued prayers,
    Kelli Smith
    Upper Sandusky, Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  39. I look forward to when you are ready to write again. . . you have a true gift. . . you all remain in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thank you so much for sharing, I have been following your blogs and I am praying for your entire family.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I had been up 27 hrs the day of Ava's service (working @ hospital) so I was just able to watch from my computer last night but it stopped at about minute 28 and now it isn't working. Has it been removed from the website bc it isn't coming up now? It's ok if so, but I was overjoyed to see her photos and moments of her life. She is more beautiful than ever...that was SO great to see her smiles! Still praying for you Hunters.

    ReplyDelete
  42. With Hope
    by Steven Curtis Chapman



    This is not at all how
    We thought it was supposed to be
    We had so many plans for you
    We had so many dreams
    And now you’ve gone away
    And left us with the memories of your smile
    And nothing we can say
    And nothing we can do
    Can take away the pain
    The pain of losing you, but …



    We can cry with hope
    We can say goodbye with hope
    ‘Cause we know our goodbye is not the end, oh no
    And we can grieve with hope
    ‘Cause we believe with hope
    (There’s a place by God’s grace)
    There’s a place where we’ll see your face again
    We’ll see your face again



    And never have I known
    Anything so hard to understand
    And never have I questioned more
    The wisdom of God’s plan
    But through the cloud of tears
    I see the Father’s smile and say well done
    And I imagine you
    Where you wanted most to be
    Seeing all your dreams come true
    ‘Cause now you’re home
    And now you’re free, and …



    We have this hope as an anchor
    ‘Cause we believe that everything
    God promised us is true, so …



    We wait with hope
    And we ache with hope
    We hold on with hope
    We let go with hope

    ReplyDelete
  43. I don't know your family but I have read your blogs for quite some time now. Ava was a very special little girl that changed the lives of so many people. Her memorial service was absolutely beautiful!

    I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ah, what a day that Thursday was. In the morning on the way to work the sun was creeping up over the clouds in the east. The brilliance of the outline of the clouds was a surreal bright white, the likes of which I had not seen here in FL. I thought to myself, good morning Lord. I see Your presence. I will need it more today as later I will be attending the memorial service for precious Ava. The service was just perfect full of love, and singing, and storytelling, and learning from God's Word, and watching videos of Ava. The day passed, tears were shed, and my heart began to lighten some. Then as I was on my way home from work and errands and stopped at the traffic light at 434 and 436, I looked to my left at the direction of the sunset and clouds. Do you know what I saw? - it was the same brilliance I had seen in the morning! There were lots of clouds and there again was that brilliant brightness outlining them like in the morning. The light didn't even hurt my eyes. Time seemed to stand still for a few moments. Neither the sun nor the clouds seemed to move. But I sensed the Lord was there book-ending that special day with His glory. I wasn't the only one who noticed the clouds. I saw others looking at them too as we waited for the light to change. I saw awe on their faces. I knew that God was shining on us and I felt a deep sense of peace knowing that Ava was on the other side of those clouds with Him - smiling...Carolyn

    ReplyDelete