Today was pretty good. No real eventful happenings, but I actually got some work done at Hunter Vision. That's been tough to get groovin' for about 3 months. I have been working in short spurts of concentrated energy. Today I actually had some longer spurts. That's a good sign for me. I still think about Ava at least every 15 minutes, but for some reason today it didn't distract me completely every time. I may be progressing or I may just have had a decent day only to regress again tomorrow. Only time will tell.
I started writing in this blog to keep my family and close friends aware of what was happening so they would know how to pray. Little did I know that thousands would come to know our little girl and pray for her. I am so thankful for all of you. What a blessing you have been through this whole time. We have needed every single prayer and continue to.
We miss Ava like nothing else we have ever felt...but we know it's only us. She is better than awesome right now. Thanks for continuing to pray as we walk through these days not knowing how we will handle them. Each one brings it's own challenge and reward.
I get to meet with an old friend of mine tomorrow night. He lost his daughter in June. I can't wait. I look so forward to hearing how he is doing and dealing with it. He's ahead of me.
God knows what I need.
God has blessed you Josh. Your story is truly a blessing to us as we follow with empathy and hope; as you write about your day to day sufferings. You seem to have peace, strength and a lot of character. I pray that Gods will is to bring you joy from this day forward. I believe our sufferings bring God joy, it shows Him that we loved and cherished the gifts He has given us....
ReplyDeleteBless you Josh, Lisa, Noah, and your entire family. So appreciate your blog and I know so many people are inspired and connected to all your trials and prayers are constant. I have also thought it is the hard things, times in life that make us who we are. Sometimes sooo hard. Thank you for being real. Know you make a difference in my life.
ReplyDeleteAs you know, you are not walking the path alone... there are those nameless faces out here in the websphere who keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers... and we will continue to do so.
ReplyDeleteContinually praying for you, Lisa, and Noah. You're always on my mind. Love y'all. Allie
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a decent day, Josh. I pray that you will be comforted more now than ever. Your sweet family has been such a testimony to so many facing hard times.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your blog!
ReplyDeleteJosh, regression is ok.... That is how we learn and grow. I have such admiration and respect for you and your family for sharing your life with us! I cant' begin to tell you how honored I am to know you and your family. You have blessed me beyond measure! I have continued to pray for you and your family and will til you tell us otherwise...I check your blog every night before I go to bed and if is not up its first thing in the morning with my devotions. I hope you all have a good day today and look forward to your next writing. By the way my son is going on his first road trip hunting in north Florida so I could use a prayer too, I'm a bit of a nervous mom letting him go alone without his dad and me but I hope he gets something! This would be his first deer and a dream since he was 13,he is now 17. Cindy Miller
ReplyDeleteMoment by moment and eventually day by day and then month by month may your heart heal and remember the love and beauty that is Ava.
ReplyDeleteStanding with you. Being silent. Praying for your family. All day. Everyday.
ReplyDeleteKeep your head up.....still praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteI miss Ava and I had never met her in person. Your blog brought me into your hearts and family and Ava's passing has brought upon much sadness in me and I too have good days and days that I miss her. I miss her for you and your family. Your blog has taught me more than any level of education that I have ever been through and I thank you for that and for inviting us into your life through all good times and rough times. Unless you stop writing, I won't stop reading. God Bless and much love! ~The Northlander Smith Family
ReplyDeleteDon't stop writing we need you too! Always praying.
ReplyDeleteJosh,
ReplyDeleteNot a day goes by that I don't think about you, Lisa, Noah, Ava, and the extended family. We love you and are always praying. I'm still waiting on a gift to arrive in the mail so I can send it your way. Something that brought me much needed peace when I was going through some hard times. Praying for joy in the Holy Spirit today for you all. Much love and big hugs.
Josh-
ReplyDeleteThanks, again, for sharing your pain and sorrow as well as your good days with so many you do not even know. Meeting with this guy will undoubtedly help you work through your grief. Remember, as someone in this blog so well stated, the pain is not going away, you're just learning to surround it a little more every day.
Still praying for the Hunter's daily. How's Lisa and Noah doing?
Jody
the brotherhood of grief is not one any on us would willingly enter into. Grief over the untimely death of a loved one is a special kind of grief that no one else can share - but it makes those of us who come through it into a special kind of person - no one can match the empathy of those of us who look on, knowing the kind of pain you feel first hand. No one would willingly sign on for membership in that brotherhood but those of us in it pour out our hearts for you in prayer. There is bond between us, forged in tears and pain, knit together by a rope of human kindness, that somehow helps us even if it is only because we know others have walked this path before us and not only survived, but attest to the fruit born of the grief, and the amazing grace God provides when all else fails.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your life with us. It means more than you know. I love reading your blogs. I most importantly love it that you are trusting God more than anything.
ReplyDeletePraise God for good days...and praise God for those hard days too...but so happy to hear that there are "decent" days.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a comforting visit with your friend. I'm very sorry to hear that you share similar circumstances but it never ceases to amaze me how God brings His people together in special ways to be there for each other.
Praying today was decent :)
Always praying...always believing...
Josh, you probably have no idea how many people you are helping by posting your blog. You and your family are constantly in my prayers!! Praying for more good days!
ReplyDeleteJosh,
ReplyDeleteThanks for continuing to share your story with us. I follow your blog daily and continue to pray for you and your family every day. I hope that you have a great meeting with your friend tonight.
Going back to your earlier blog, I absolutely hate cancer too. I just learned that a friend of mine in Denver lost his struggle with the disease on Tuesday night.
I keep praying that God gives you the strength to continue through this difficult time. Some days will be better than others but you will find your own way of dealing with it and He will certainly guide you. Keep the faith.
Erik