Noah is 12. He just lost his sister 10 days ago. I watch him in amazement. He looks at this whole thing like, "Why is everyone sad? If you are concerned for Ava, you are crazy...if you are just feeling sorry for yourself then that's stupid...you are supposed to care about others more than you care about yourself." I am trying to get there. The simple, convincing faith of a 12 year old young man is inspiring to me. Sure, Noah misses his sister. He loves his sister. He also believes in a God that is bigger than his understanding and he absolutely trusts without question that God has the best plan and that Ava is happier than ever. So, he is comforted and completely happy!
I am working on it. Deer hunting helps. I am going to go watch some hunting shows and think about how to be more like Noah.
Wow, good for Noah! I helped with sunday school at Summit when I was a freshman in College. It was when it was at WPHS. I will never forget Noah, he must've been 6 or 7. (And he told me every week "Isaac is my uncle", It was so cute!) I could just tell then that he loved Jesus! It was really cool to see that in a little kid. It's so amazing how much we can learn from kids, I have learned so much from Ava and Noah!! :)
ReplyDeleteWell, although we've never met, I'm pretty sure that Noah gets this conviction of faith from you and your wife. You have two great kids to be proud of...great job! Keeping y'all in our prayers still.
ReplyDeleteNoah amazes me too!
ReplyDeleteI've never met Noah, but I can tell that he is a wise young man. I watched him at the memorial and was awed by his strength as well as his tender heart toward his sister. He must have two terrific parents!
ReplyDeleteI am sure he will be a great man of God with such wisdom and faith at such a young age. Some adults never get there. You must be a proud father :)
ReplyDeletehe is a wise young man, you must be very proud of him :)
ReplyDelete(I also have a son named Noah- good name!) And I truly hope that my husband and I will be able to display and instill in him the same kind of faith, devotion and trust in God as you and Lisa have done with your two kiddos! It's really inspiring!! :) ~ S.K.
ReplyDeleteJosh, when my grandson's other grand dad died, he he was the same as Josh...but much younger. Jesus knew what He was talking about when He inferred that we should be like little children (although Josh isn't that little!). Their faith is so strong and we can only pray that is will always remain so. Ava is with you all............:)+
ReplyDeleteI love how you don't use the past tense when speaking of Ava. You make a point that she IS, not was. And that is the truth. She IS living with Jesus. Her life continues, there is no end. Thanks for reminding me of this tonight.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good plan Josh! Your son is incredible!!! Wow! What a good father you have been, you taught him well! Noah you are an Awsome young man! God Blees you! Josh and Lisa you should be VERY proud of him! Now Josh plan that hunt! We want all the details!
ReplyDeleteCindy Miller
Praise God for the faith of little children and young men-kids like Noah :)
ReplyDeleteStill praying for you all several times a day, every day.
I am amazed at the strength and courage of your family. Seriously in awe of you, Lisa, Noah and Ava. God did good.
ReplyDeleteBIG SMILES!
ReplyDeleteJess Pham
I love it. Noah is awesome. What great faith for such a young kid. Totally inspirational!!
ReplyDeleteMe too!! I love you
ReplyDeleteNoah is amazing just like his Mom, Dad and sister! Ava inspires us all....YOU and Lisa inspire us and now, Noah!! YOU work on that dear hunting. Smile when you think of it, smile when you think of Ava. One more day has passed and it's ok. Tomorrow will be ok too. One day, life will be good and in the future...life will be back to great! One day at a time.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless!!!
I pray that my Noah Hunter grows up to be just like your Noah Hunter :) He is an astonishing young man and you and Lisa should be extremely proud of yourself as parents. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...
ReplyDeleteBack in "interent range" we wanted to let you know we're still praying for you and Lisa...and Noah too! We love you. We miss Ava. We're proud of you.
ReplyDeleteI think you're right; deer hunting does help. :-)
- Uncle Mark & Aunt Sheila
I look forward to reading your blogs everyday. I ususally read them and walk away speechless. I figure, there's nothing more profound to say. God has already given that to you! So although I don't have really anything profound to say, I do want to tell you that I stive to be the parents you and Lisa are. I'm stiving to point my kids to Christ, intentionally, unwaivering, and unapologetically. Just like the two of you. It is no surprise to me that Noah has this kind of faith and response. As Jesus said, "For much that has been given, much has been required." Noah has been given the example of generational, steadfast love for Christ. You all are truly my role models! Now go make Matt jealous and shoot a deer! Let him know if you ever want to go to Palatka (ya, I don't even know where that is, but I'm pretty sure it's only like 3 hours away)to do some hunting. He and the brothers have some land they hunt on there, however he's only been like once. (Guess it's that good) :) Although dad goes a lot. Love you all tons!
ReplyDeleteI hope you made a copy of what you wrote today, and put it in a place for Noah to find someday.........what amazing words for a person to read. The pictures, and words from the past always seem to find their way to us when we needs them most--words like these that you've written about your son would be an amazing gift to him in the future.
ReplyDeleteI am still praying for you all....and so grateful that you have chosen to share your lives with the rest of us.
We could all learn a lesson from Noah's faith...looks like Ava passed the faith and role model torch to Noah this side of Heaven!
ReplyDeleteYes, we certainly can learn a lot from children. I have a Noah of my own. He is 11 with Down syndrome. He has taught me SO much. When one of his little friends, who also had Down syndrome, died, everyone in that funeral home was crying, except Noah. He was a comfort. He walked around telling everyone that things would be okay. He patted everyone's back, held their hands, wiped their tears. And then, because he wanted to, he walked up to that casket, stepped up on the stool and kissed his friend goodbye, with a smile on his face. The entire room went quiet and through all of those tears were smiles. I will never forget that night as long as I live, and the pastor was so moved he had to include this special moment in the funeral service. Noah's are special!!!
ReplyDeleteWe ALL need to have a little “Noah” in us!!! So amazing! You probably could not be more proud of both of your children!!
ReplyDeleteJosh, just two things today... Praying for God's loving comfort for your family...still. Your thoughts on today's blog have left me speechless, so I'll just shut up and rest in the beauty of your love for your family.
ReplyDeleteLisa, so nice to see you on the blog today!
Yes, a child-like Faith is what we all should strive to have. It's so simple. We continue to question, which isn't a bad thing, but there are times when we just need to go on Faith and nothing else. There is no doubt Noah is going to be a great man of God. He has amazing role models all around him. I'm in awe of him! Continuing to pray for you all daily!!
ReplyDeleteI wanna be like Noah too. Being a grown up has way too much baggage.
ReplyDeleteWOW!!!!! Is all I can say about NOAH!!!! WOW- Noah you are such a young WISE Child of GOD and you've GOT IT Son..You've GOT IT before some who live 50 yrs or more get it!!! May you NEVER let go of all those TRUTHS GOD has given you- You have made my day a HAPPY DAY!!
ReplyDeleteBetsey Gould
You are all heros of the faith to me!! Noah is just like the rest of your family which includes your dad, of course; he's amazing!! Lots of good and godly parenting in your family!! Still praying for all of you!!
ReplyDeleteNoah inspires me too! He is so wise. I love it! Just remember he is a reflection of you and Lisa and the parents you are. We love you!
ReplyDeleteI saw this and thought of you all
ReplyDeleteGod saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So He put his arms around you and whispered "come to me." With tearful eyes I watched you, and saw you pass away. Although I loved you dearly I couldn't make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hardworking hands at rest; God broke my heart to prove to me, He only takes the best
Josh-
ReplyDeleteThat more parents would be open minded enough to think they could learn from their children. You are a great man.
I'm wondering about Lisa. How is she doing? I've pictured her alone with you @ work and Noah @ school, not knowing whether she works outside of the home. I pray she is coping with Ava gone, not having a sick child to care for all of a sudden. I know she attacked Ava's illness with a vengence and pray she has something to do with her days now. I'm sure taking care of her men is priority. :)
God's blessing to you all.
Jody
"Noah" is such a bold and biblical name. How fitting for this young man who is wise beyond his years. God speed, Noah. Blessings to the Hunters.
ReplyDeleteOh Josh, I am not surprised that you are comforted by Noah. When my brother went to heaven, it was his 8-year-old son that helped me most. Praying for you all daily. Love you! ~Dede
ReplyDeleteI want to be like Noah too! Your family's faith is so inspiring - thank you for sharing it with us and impacting our lives. Still praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteI lost my Father at eight. One morning he was there and by that afternoon he was in Heaven. I remember I was so mad at God. I think I even said I hated him. Well I remember my Mother took me to see our pastor. I really can not recall his words, but I remember in that moment I had this complete trust in God. I have carried that feeling with me since that day. I know I would not be the person I am today without that one moment in my life.
ReplyDeleteAnd I am happy I was only eight, because I have carried that child like trust for God ever since.
I wish that for your Noah because it really is perfect.
Y'all are on my mind constantly. Love to you, Lisa, and Noah.
ReplyDelete-Allie
That's a faith convinced - not just learned, or taught or inherited. The Hunters have epitomized it for us and we praise God for you and your family. May He be glorified and lifted up through us all, He is wothy!!
ReplyDelete