Monday, September 27, 2010

Why Hunter Vision?

Joel Hunter, MD's eye surgery career is years old. Hunter Vision is two months old. I love it. I love going to work everyday and the people on our team are as awesome as you could find anywhere.

I get asked often, "What is it that you all provide that the others don't?" Fortunately, that is a really easy question to answer. It breaks down into 4 major things:

1. The Hunter Vision Analysis. When we test your eyes, we do it like no one else. The exam is 90 minutes long and we look at every single thing in your eyes, not just the minimum required to have vision correction. We care about your full eye health. It's why Dr. Hunter sits with each patient and takes them on a guided tour of their eyes. All the testing we do is not covered by insurance, so other places shy away from it. We didn't want insurance dictating what was best for our patients. Furthermore, it takes time (which hurts volume for surgeons) so most aren't willing to do it. Not us. We do it because it's best. No one else can say they do the testing we do for every single vision correction patient. It's truly amazing. It's a free exam for our patients who are pursuing vision correction procedures.

2. Dr. Hunter gives you his personal cell phone number on surgery day. Where else can you call the doctor and actually get him at 1:00 in the morning if you are wondering if what you are feeling is normal?

3. Time. You get it from Dr. Hunter at every visit. You are never passed off to another doc. If you have issues that are not related to what we do we will certainly refer you to another qualified doc in town, but if we can handle it...Dr. Hunter does it.

4. 15% of all dollars made by Hunter Vision will go to missions and charity organizations. Our hope is that this will be more significant each year.

I think that's enough, but there are many other things that differentiate Hunter Vision from your everyday regular LASIK and Cataract surgery joint.

You should come and see us. We are nice and I am confident we will get better results than anywhere else you could go because a) Dr. Hunter is a great surgeon, and b) our technology is the latest you'll find anywhere in the USA.

That is today's infomercial. If you live in Central Florida, tell your friends. We are trying to let people know there is a better option for their vision. It's Hunter Vision.

Commercial Ended.

I can't not talk about Hunter Vision. It's absolutely the culmination of years of dreaming and planning with my brother Joel. We are open and helping people every single day. Find someone who has visited and ask them what they thought.

It's been a good day. I am just excited tonight for what God is doing through this clinic. It's fun to be a part of it. I'm grateful that Ava got to see it launch. It's as much for her now as it ever was. I realize that could sound contrived, but I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

10 comments:

  1. Josh, I was diagnosed with cataracts last Saturday. At 49 years old, that is NOT what I wanted to hear. Even though it will be awhile before I have the procedure, you can bet I will be coming to Hunter Vision! In the meantime, all my friends and family will know what a great place this is with dedicated, strong, passionate, caring people. Thanks for continuing to keep us going Josh with your amazing thoughts and words. We may not know you but we love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so awesome that you and your brother are in this venture together. We pray as a family for Hunter Vision's success. There is no doubt in my mind that it will be successful. We're blessed in the eyesight arena but my brother didn't fare so well so he will definitely be heading your way in the near future! Too bad Dr. Hunter doesn't fix ACLs since that is the next surgery that I will need, blah!

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh, I guess you and I were on the same wavelength today, because I was exclaiming to someone in line at Northland's Nature's Table about how amazing my Hunter Vision Analysis was back in August and how I can't wait for my eagle eyes in October!

    When I tell others about Hunter Vision, I always talk about the 15% that goes to missions and charity organizations because that is the cherry on top of the Hunter Vision sundae.

    The friend that will be bringing me for the SBK had RK done 15 years ago and had been interested in traditional LASIK till I told her about SBK. She'll be able to witness first hand what you guys do and will probably sign up the next day. I love encouraging people to go to Hunter Vision for SO many reasons :-).

    Praying for your family still and won't stop...

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I were looking into laser surgery a few years ago. We went to Wilmer Eye Institute at John's Hopkins and had a rather extensive evaluation as well. I am near sighted and wear glasses to see far away. I wanted to rid myself of these things, so wanted to get the procedure done. They informed me that if they correct my vision so that I can see far distance, then I will probably need glasses for reading. Huh? What would be the point of having the surgery if I would then need glasses for reading? Made no sense to me whatsoever. Got any input?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh, I love your passion for Hunter Vision!I actually have that on my list of to do things this week to call and make ann appointment! I have to tell you you made me laugh...End of commercial! That was cute! I can't wait to come in and meet you! I hope you will be there when we come in! Praying for your family always... Cindy Miller

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just thinking of you guys today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey everyone, my name is Jason, I am the Surgery Counselor at Hunter Vision. I happened to be reading Josh’s blog, and wanted to help answer a question that Vonda posted.

    Vonda thank you letting us know about your past consultation with the Wilmer Eye Institute. Dr. Hunter really likes seeing patients that have been told there is nothing to do for reading and distance vision both. Long story short, he can fix it.

    The staff at Hunter Vision would be more than happy to schedule an appointment for any one interested in our vision correction procedures. Please call us at 407-385-1620 to schedule an appointment.

    Thanks again Josh for infomercial plug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the Hunter Vision analysis done a few weeks ago. They did a lot more tests than I get for my regular annual optometry exam for contact lenses. Then, when I saw the awesomely cool picture of my eye, it just increased my amazement in the Creator. I asked Dr. Hunter if I could have a copy of the picture, and they emailed it to me! I am hoping to afford the surgery within a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. contrived??? impossible coming from you - your words are straight from the heart - and as my jewish friend said - from your mouth to god's ear. Keep posting - we are all long it - the good , the bad, the ugly, and the one time boring title:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. make that "loving it" not "long it" on the above post

    ReplyDelete