If you can't be there you can be a part of it online...www.northlandchurch.net
It will stream live at 11:00am EST and available to watch later as well.
Just wanted to make sure you could see it if you wanted to.
Now, make sure you read today's real blog below this and send me a story about how Ava touched your life.
-love to you all
Josh-
ReplyDeleteI am so honored that your family would share the memorial service. The Hunter family has touched me in such a strong way. You will always be in my heart and prayers.
Thank you-
Jody
Josh, Lisa and Noah as I write this my heart is heavy, yet blessed. After all of the weeks of reading your blog and sending the blog out to prayer groups around the county, GOD had a bigger purpose for AVA. GOD knows more than we mere mortals…think on that and chew on it, that in itself gives comfort and peace. This is what following Ava’s life for the last 10 weeks has reminded me of. God has been, is presently, and will in the future be bigger than me, a mere human with all of my frailties, sent to this earth for the purpose of loving GOD and fulfilling his purpose for my life. It reminds me to be ever vigilant in following the purpose he has given me. With all the worlds’ problems and troubles we can get side tracked, tired, and weary. Sharing AVA’s last few weeks of life through your blog renewed this in me and brought to mind my favorite verse… But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31. When I get weary in the future, Ava’s short life will remind me to keep pressing on.
ReplyDeleteHe knows all, sees all, hears all and knew before AVA came to earth what he had in mind for her (makes your heart jump for joy). All of us want a plan and purpose for our life, and God give it. God knew it would take parents with yours and Lisa’s strength, and the love of a brother, to get the job done he had sent before her in five short years.
I did not have the pleasure of knowing Ava except through pictures sent by her grandmother, Patty, from time to time. What I saw was a great twinkle in her eyes and child that knew joy and love. May Gods sweet balm cover your family as you walk this journey (not and easy one), and you take comfort in the fact that Ava is with the father…Love you all, Mike and Judy Belanger (Mr. and Mrs. “B”)
We will be online and praying for everyone tomorrow during precious Ava's memorial service and praying for you and the rest of the family for the next year at least as holidays come and go. We are feeling for you very deeply and praying almost constantly. I know you will hang in there and the Holy Spirit will help get you through. You may someday write your blogs into a book, Josh. It would help a lot of hurting folks!
ReplyDeleteJosh and Lisa,
ReplyDeleteAva's story taught me that, life is not about me!! It's about others who are hurting and need to be shown the love of Christ. I will find a place to serve in her memory to fulfull this realization.
Ava's short time here made more of an impact on lives than most of us do in a lifetime.
I grew to love her through the blogs and pictures and can only imagine your anguish.
I will continue to pray for you all in the days and months to come, Wendy Amat
Josh and Lisa,
ReplyDeleteIt's very generous of you to share Ava's service with all of us. I've been praying for you, Ava, and Noah, ever since Ava got sick and through your blogs have come to feel like family although I've never met you personally. Your story and Ava's journey have touched me deeply. I can't attend the service tomorrow, but I was going to try to take some "personal time" off at 11 am to sit in my car with my laptop and join the service online. That you for making it available for later viewing also! My prayers continue for you and your family in the days ahead, knowing that our Supremely Good God will sustain you and keep you! With love from a sister in Christ!
I will remember Ava as a beautiful child of God. You can look in her eyes and see how much she was loved and how she loved back. She was full of life in the videos and pictures that were displayed and it was obvious she was full of faith and loved God and Jesus! It is truly amazing that this 5 year old little girl can bring so many people together from different lives, beliefs and cultures. She had people praying for her and her family on a 24 hour a day basis. We should all follow the values she was taught and displayed. If she brought so many different people together over a short period of time, why can't all people follow her lessons, show compassion, love each other and get along. She will be deeply missed and I pray for strength and comfort for the Hunter family. People will hear the name "Ava Hunter" and remember the beautiful person she was that was full of love, compassion and faith. She has left a place on the heart of many people. God Bless Ava and the Hunter family.
ReplyDeleteSusan Turner and family
Dear Josh and Lisa, You don't know me personally,my name is Sherry Fann, I have been following Ava since I hear of the news from Pastor Joel. I can't even imagine the pain and suffering you are going through. Know that Ava has touched so many people's heart as she has mine with her courage, strength and her big heart for Jesus! She has brought families closer together. She was a beautiful princess, now she is with Jesus. I pray for my children that they will know the Lord as Ava did. Your family is a strong encouragement to me how ya'll stick together in these hard times, I am praying for ya'll and will continue too. THis blog is amazing the strength GOd has given you to write out your heart to millions of people. Thank you, and I love your family..Northland family is here for you...
ReplyDeleteDear Hunter family,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the memorial service for Ava. Not knowing you personally, but an avid blog follower; I know you (JOsh) and Ava by words.
You were asking for us to comment on the way Ava touched our lives. I was so blessed to read of your daily happenings within the family once Ava was diagnosised. I think the thing that touched me most was the first video I saw of Ava after her surgery and she was showing you how well she could walk, but she did not want you to video her feet. Her cheerfulness was so contagious. I found myself smiling at her accomplishment and wanted to see more, wishing I could knock on your door and offer to take her for a slow walk. I am sure she was a child that no matter how or what mood you were in, she would instantly cheer you. Another thing that moved me was the knowledge of Jesus she had and the faith you have shown. Even with all the revisits to teh hospital, you kept leaning on God and knew HE would be faithful to you no matter what the outcome. My life has been richly blessed from knowing Ava these past few weeks and reading of her passing was sad to me too. I have shared Ava's story with others and the wonder I have had at your and Lisa's faith. Please know that in her short 5 years, she touched my heart and brought me on a closer level of love for my God and Savior!
Glinda Majors
Cairo, Georgia
gigimajors@windstream.net
Though we didn't know Ava personally, our family has followed this blog daily. We have prayed for Ava night and day and have been in awe of the Hunter faith and strength. We have laughed and cried many times as well. Ava was to be in my daughter, Peyton's, kindergarten class with Ms. Clarke. I know that all the children in that class have missed out by not getting to know precious Ava. Our family often watched the videos that you put on the blog and all I could think was, "boy Ms. Clark will have her hands full between Ava and Peyton". I am sorry that Ms. Clarke will not get to experce that "challenge". When Peyton heard about Ava's passing I told her that Ava is now in heaven. I then asked, "what do you think Ava is doing right now? and she replyed, very seriously that, "Jesus is turning Ava into an angel right now". What a beautiful picture that brings to my mind.
ReplyDeleteWhat we have learned from Ava and your experience is that the Hunter family is strong. They walk God's walk and they talk God's talk. Thank you for sharing Ava with us all. We will never be the same.
Blessings and prayers to the Hunter family,
Love, Bob, Vicki, Jordan and Peyton Case
I hope you feel better. We are praying for you. Love Jordan Case (age 7).
ReplyDeleteI am sad that I didn't get to meet Ava in my kindergarten class. I love you all and I hope to get to see you sometime. Love, Peyton Case (age 5)
Josh, Lisa and Noah,
ReplyDeleteI am a former member of Northland and attended for many years until moving away. I heard of Ava's illness and started reading your blogs in early July. I was so incredibly touched that you would share your heart with everyone and was encouraged by your continued faith. It was obvious that Ava knew Jesus and knew how much she was loved by everyone. She was such a beautiful, happy and strong little girl and she seemed to have such a wonderful sense of humor. I loved the blog you wrote about singing her songs about "hiney's".
Through this, I have learned what it REALLY means to Trust our Heavenly Father in all circumstances. I have learned that only He knows how many days we have here on earth and that we need to appreciate each day as the gift that it truly is. I have learned to hug my daughter even more than before and stop what I am doing and give her the attention she deserves. The other things are just not important.
I have grieved with you and for you for the past several weeks and will continue to lift all of you up in my prayers. Thank you for sharing so much with us and also for sharing the memorial service for those of us who could not be there.
I want to tell you tonight on our way to church I showed Holly (my 4 year old) a beautiful rainbow in the sky. She immediately said "I bet Ava helped God and Jesus make that"! What a beautiful thought. God Bless You all!
Dear Josh, Lisa, and Noah,
ReplyDeleteIn the little time I was blessed to be a part of Ava's time on earth, I must tell you that I truly now know she was an angel sent to give you a wonderful gift from God, and to touch the minds and hearts of many. I am so proud that you can express your unselfish love for this angel/child.
I will never and hope will not know what losing a child feels like..and no matter who or what, it is devastating.
Bless you all for enduring this as well as you are. Know that she was and is now an angel sent to wake the senses up in humans, and sent especially to you to enjoy most!
I will never forget Ava's sparkling blue eyes, but especially at the Daddy-Daughter Dance this past spring. She was so happy to be with you, Josh -- there was just nobody else in her world that evening. She looked absolutely beautiful, like a little fairy princess, who was granted her fondest wish when she demanded that you get your face painted with that crazy gorgeous butterfly. Her eyes were dancing with delight, and she spent the rest of the evening proudly displaying the proof of her dad's total commitment to her, much to the envy of her cousins and friends whose dads just couldn't man up to paint on their faces. So glad you did!
ReplyDeleteMargi McCombs
So very grateful we'll get to be a part even though we can't make it to the service. Have been & will continue to pray for extra measures of grace and strength for you guys....
ReplyDeleteI did not know Ava but she touched so many lives and I ached when I heard of her passing but I remembered that we are only passing on our time here on earth to be with God. I pray for you and your family to give you the strength to deal with this sad time but at the same time you can rejoice at the life you had with her and remember that you will all be united with God as a family for eternity. I will pray for you and family tomorrow and you will be in my prayers and thoughts.
ReplyDeleteJosh and Lisa:
ReplyDeleteI never had the joy to meet Ava (or Lisa), but am a long-time friend of Josh's family and fan of the Hunters and kids and grandkids. I've followed her name and life and pictures over the years, and more recently shared the burden of her illness. I am so very sad for you and can't imagine the ache you're feeling at her departure to heaven. I have loved the photos and see Josh and grand-mom Becky in her face! We live in Idaho now and are eager to share the memorial time online with all of you. Know that many people from other parts of the country, linked from other points in time to your dear family, stand with, weep, and pray for you all.....
Josh and Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI do not know your family nor Ava personally until today. But what I have learned so far is divine and yet another gentle reminder from God that our children are really precious and a gift from God and that God has chosen us to be parents. He has bestowed upon me the precious responsibility to care for his gentle beings and I'm forever grateful to God for it. Ava and your family reminded me of that today. Thank you Ava and family.
Roche Family
Dear Ava, Josh, Lisa, and Noah,
ReplyDeleteAva...you are OUR STRENGTH to help us all get through this unfortunate time. You have brought "meaning" to so many of our lives. Thank you, Ava, for your part in letting us ALL know that we have a purpose on Earth. You have touched our lives in such a "dramatic way"! Thank YOU and your family for sharing your story. Please look over "all of us from above"! AMEN
Sweet, precious and full of life Ava....That is what most touched me about the little life window I was so graciously allowed to view her loving spirit and zest for life, the zest that all of us, as adults, wish we only had a small tiny piece of to pull from on many days in order to live in a world that can be so hard sometimes. Her deep and soul filled eyes and beautiful smile could make your worst day one that could offer you hope for a brighter new day the next..I have a child around the same age as Ava, who as well has some health complications. I looked at Ava as our strength that our family together can make it through anything, your family has been so strong and so truthful at all of the stages of grief. This in turn has provided not only us, but I am sure many-the realism that this can happen to any family and your family showed us that there is a way to make a horrible situation into something you can bond tightly together as a family and make the time the most special time possible, on this earth. As we know, Ava is in the strong and all knowing hands of her Saviour. No pain, worry, tests, suffering anymore, only the pure joy and love that is on a different level that we can't even imagine. But your faith in Christ will be a guide for you to know that you too will be back with her in her full/healthy form one day-whethere sooner or later, she will know it is you either way. The anger sometimes can be more than any man or woman should be forced to handle-try as hard as you can to turn it over and give it to God-He is strong enough to make your heart soft again for your Noah. Bless your family and know that my heart breaks deeply too for you and the loss of such a beautiful spirit here with us on earth, I will always remember her tough fight and her strong will to be with and love her family.
ReplyDeleteIn Christ's Love, Juli Hardy and family
Josh, Lisa & Noah,
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful that you have allowed me, somoene you don't know, to follow you and your family through this journey. You and Ava have given me renewed faith in God. I lost my brother unexpectedly 3.5yrs ago and had become so angry. I felt that God hadn't heard my prayers about healing my brother but indeed He had heard me. My brother is healed and his body is whole again and he is in heaven. I held on to my pain and my anger for so long I let it take root in my heart. Thank you for showing me God's grace, mercy, love and compassion. Thank you for truly exemplifying God's love to me. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Hunter family today as you memorialize your precious Ava.
Frances A
Josh, Thank you so much for sharing the life of your beautiful little Ava. She has become an inspiration to everyone who had the pleasure of meeting her, or simply knew her through your words. This is something that I heard that I would like to share with you that I feel your family has shown through the life of Ava.
ReplyDeleteCancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love, shatter hope, corrode faith, destroy peace, kill friendship, suppress memories, silence courage, invade the soul, steal eternal life, or conquer the spirit.
Ava was a special girl. I feel very blessed to have met her. I am sorry for your loss. I am praying for your special family. I am praying espcially for Noah as well.
ReplyDeleteWatched at home, with my children whom I treasure all the more, huddled around the computer. What a beautiful service. What a beautiful way to point to Jesus. Praying for you today and always, Hunters.
ReplyDeleteSimply put, I have been changed forever. Thank you for having the strength to share.
ReplyDeleteHello Josh, I tried to make a post yesterday from my iPhone but it would not work. I wanted to tell you and your family that I never got to meet Ava in person but I felt I knew her through Pastor Joel's lovely stories about her and her resilient spirit. I did attend today's service online and thought how blessed you all were to have known Ava. Thank you for allowing those of us who never met her in person to experience this intimate time with your family. My husband lost two infants to death from cardio myopathy and his 3rd child-my step-daughter Kimberly had to have a heart transplant at 5 months of age and suffers from CP as a result of the oxygen deprivation during that surgery. She is now almost 8 years old and we know that every single day with her is a gift! I have two grown daughters and know the joy they have given me over the years and realize that we can never know how long we have to love someone here on this earth. Your little Ava is precious and I look forward to meeting her in Heaven along with all of you...because as Pastor Joel said in closing "As for me and my house we will serve the Lord". God Bless you all and know that you will continue to be in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your service of praise in honor of Ava. I cried, laughed and treasured every minute from the music to the slide show to Isaac's sermon. Josh, Lisa and Noah, your words are an inspiration to all parents, and I admire the strength and courage God has supported you with. Joe, know that your words touched my heart deeply, and although difficult I'm sure to speak, I am so very grateful God chose those words to give you.
ReplyDeletePeace be with you.
Josh & Lisa, we don't know you folks, but attended your Dad's church for a couple of years, and then have gotten to feel like we know y'all through reading this blog. Just want to say I watched Ava's memorial service online and it was a wonderful tribute to her and to our Lord Jesus. I don't think it could have been better done. As I watched your family up on stage, I would just say to you, Josh, please spend a lot of time, and lavish affection on your son, Noah. In watching him, he kept glimpsing over toward you looking for
ReplyDeleteyour approval, especially after his talking about his sister. God bless you all.
Cocoa Allen family.
Josh,
ReplyDeleteI watched Ava's service online. I want you to know how much I am in awe of you and your familys' willingingness to share such a private time with all of us. The strength and love that I saw from all of you has affected me beyond understanding. I am currently raising my two grandsons (ages 4 and 3) because their mother committed suicide. Every day there is joy and sorrow. Selfishly, thank you so much for showing me who I am supposed to be for these two precious boys.
Y'all are so strong! And it's obvious that it's the Father's strength that you possess and that you have passed on to so many. What a beautiful service today! You Hunters are a wonderful representation of Jesus! Ava's life has reminded me that 'it's not about me'. Thank you so very much! Love, The Stander Family
ReplyDeleteTo the Hunter Family,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the memorial service for Ava on-line. I found out about it through Northland's Facebook page.
Ava's Uncle Isaac did a superb job in honoring his niece today, as did each of you when you spoke.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all during this time.
Sue Johnson
St Louis, MO
attended Northland while in Orlando,now worship on-line
Dear Josh, Lisa, Noah and Hunter/Gable family:
ReplyDeleteJust returned back from Ava's memorial service. Words cannot express how your family's journey and Ava's life has changed me. Thank you for your courage, faith, determination, love and example in Christ. I will continue to hold each of you in prayer.
Josh, I love to hear your Dad preach, many, many of his sermons resound in my soul, and his words at Ava'a memorial service were so, so sweet. When he cries, I can't help but cry too.
I've never heard your brother preach. Pastor Issac has the spirit on, over, through and under him - he really is "bad-to-the bone preacherman" - I just want to shout Hallelujah - I know Ava danced in Heaven when "Uncle I" remembered her today at the celebration of her life and her love for the Lord. May the Lord's peace and comfort be with you and your family today and forever. Debbie Hanley
Josh, Lisa, and Noah,
ReplyDeleteAva was a special little girl! She had a contagious smile and through her eyes, love and compassion shined through.
I know the coming days will be hard, but when you feel that you can't go on; pop in a video or read in her memory book and a smile will come through to override your grief.
God Bless You All!
light and love
ReplyDeleteWatched the service online...so touching...so painfully beautiful...
ReplyDeleteI had the honor and privilege to spend last year with Ava as her Pre-K teacher. I have so many sweet memories of her.
ReplyDeleteAs I have prepared new lesson plans for this school year, I am reminded how Ava would respond in circle time, during a writing experience or in music class. This week our theme was - "God Made Me Special" While working on a page for a book, the children decorate a face to look like them. Ava, when asked to represent herself would always choose black hair and Kalaiah would choose blonde. I always thought this was sweet, but it was more. They were friends. Ava demonstrated, "A Friend Loves At All Times." I saw this throughout the year what a friend was through Ava's actions.
I love how Sheli talked about Ava's friendship with Cooper. He sometimes was apprehensive during class, but Ava would always partner up with him and be sure to tell him how glad she was to see him.
I loved how on our way to Bible class, moments before she would be skipping in the hall and goofing with Mr. Rick. Often "pulling his finger" - one of the few brave enough to do so. But once we were inside the Bible room, it seemed to her that we were on Holy ground. She didn't joke at all. She sat up and listened to stories I knew she knew (Because she would answer all of Ms. Holly's questions), but she listened like it was her first time with eyes wide opened. She often would comment, "My Daddy told me this story." The Bible was alive to her.
During our writing activities, Ava's answers were never about herself. She always included You, Lisa, Noah and all her Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Grandparents. She always anticipated visiting family in Ohio. I loved when we would do an alphabet activity, like ..."What starts with A, B or E?" Ava wasn't about objects she was about people! She would always bring a picture and told a story that related to a person she knew or even bring a picture of a person. She connected with everyone.
When we were watching the graduation slideshow of the other 2's and 3's classes from the back of the sanctuary waiting our turn, Ava watched with great delight. As each friend's picture appeared, she would exclaim, "There's Fiona!, Lily! and so on. She seemed to know the entire preschool and they knew her. We all did.
One final memory. Sometimes Ava would be
one of the last students to arrive in the morning. I could hear her feet running down the hall full speed. When she arrived at the door, she would run in and yell, "I'M HERE!" I think what she was really saying was that we were all here together. She would light up our room and then our day could really begin.
Josh, Lisa and Noah, you were the best family she could ever have. She absolutely knew she was loved deeply be each of you.
I miss her very much, but I am grateful for all of the lessons she has taught me. I will never be the same. Yes, the student became the teacher.
My prayers and love go out to you!
Much love, Susie Large
The service today was just beautiful. I would like to compliment Noah. It was so moving to see him speak so lovingly about his sister. That must have taken a lot of courage to stand in front of all those people and speak his heart. What a wonderful young man you are raising.
ReplyDeleteI have been so touched by your family and the love you have for each other and God, and I will continue to pray for you all.
Ava touched my life many days, many ways. Her giggle, her charm, the twinkle in her eye. Children walk past my office in Kid's Stuff to get to the gym, often picking up speed before breaking into the forbidden "run" down the hallway. Ava's eyes would meet mine in my office and her arms would go out to stop her girlfriends to remind them to "walk" down the hall. This was because she had been busted a few times herself for breaking the speed limit en route to the gym!
ReplyDeleteAva was a friend to all and would paint and dance and laugh and run around with teachers and kids of all ages. I'd like to think she is doing that now; catching up for her idle time these last weeks. To think that she can be free of all pain, and twirl and sing and make her funny faces to make others laugh - that is the way I will remember Ava.
A beautiful young lady. I will miss her.
Josh,
ReplyDeleteThe memorial service today for Ava could not have been more moving, more beautiful and more honoring of God. Thank you so much for sharing Ava with all of us. I am a better person because of her. She has blessed so many. You and your family will continue to be in my prayers in the coming days, weeks and months.
Hunter family,
ReplyDeleteWords can not express how your family and angel Ava has just grabbed at my heart. I do not personally know your family,however, am part of the Northland family. Your love and deep committment to Christ has strengthened my love for Christ and your baby girl's beautiful spirit has shown me that HE is in control of all. Thank you for sharing with all of us and you will continue to be in my prayers.
TO THE HUNTER FAMILY MAY GOD BE WITH YOU AS YOUR JOURNEY NOW BEGINS AS A FAMILY WITH ONE THAT HAS EARNED HER WINGS IN THE ARMS OF JESUS. PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU
ReplyDeleteJosh, Lisa and Noah,
ReplyDeleteThank you for opening your heart and lives for all of us during this deeply painful trial you have endured. We have a 6 year old little girl and many times as I have read your blog, I think of what it must be like for you all and can't imagine the pain. Your faith, however, has been a source of encouragement. Only the power of God living through you and your family could produce the peace that you seem to have in the midst of this great storm.
You asked us to share how Ava has touched our lives and I couldn't post in the previous section for some reason, so I'll post here. Even though I didn't get to meet Ava this side of heaven, her life was a precious gift of God and a reminder to me not to take life for granted. I want to live life intentionally, enjoy each moment, and not worry about the small things. She reminds me so much of my daughter who is only 6 months older than Ava. I want to make sure to pour into my children the truths about God and who he created them to be. What Isaac said in the memorial service has stuck with me..."blessed are those who mourn..." It is a blessing to mourn, because that means we have been blessed with something very special...just as you were blessed with an incredibly amazing little girl. Her life was such a testimony of faith, courage, perserverance, and love.
You and Lisa are amazing parents and even though I'm sure you never would have choosen this path, it has revealed your true character. I just read My Utmost for His Highest this morning (Sept. 10) and thought of you and Lisa. It said "it is not the crisis that builds something within us--it simply reveals what we are made of already."
Thank you again for sharing your struggle with us. I will continue to read your blog and agree with a previous post, you might consider writing a book someday, I believe it would be a great encouragement for others. The memorial service was beautiful and a gift for those of us who did not have the honor of knowing her personally. I will continue lifting you up in prayer as the days, weeks, months and years pass.
Carissa Bragg Mastry
Cumming, GA
Josh, Lisa, and Noah, I was Blessed by being able to be there yesterday at Ava's memorial service it was AMAZING!!!I was blessed beyond measure, I woke up several times last night agian thinking and praying for the Hunter family and immediatly I began singing in my mind, How Great Is Our God! All Night long... I can't even decribe in words how knowledge I have had all my christian life is not knowledge any more but a clear picture of God and how he works! Your family even in such intolerable pain is such a wittness to the world. The world Josh because I can't be the only one effected this way by taking this journey with you and your family! I am so very blessed! Our God is GREAT and after getting to see Your Little Angel more at the sevice, God surely does have one of the most precious Angels possible and I believe that he wanted her 100% the way we saw her yesterday and only on the other side of heaven is were that could happen. I don't think God wanted anything less for her! I see her in heaven the way we saw her yesterday! My only hope is you and your family find the peace and assurance only our Great God can give. Although I wish there could be something more than these words and my prayers for you as you adjust in the days ahead.....Cindy Miller
ReplyDeleteI was honored to be able to attend Ava's Memorial Service yesterday. Although, I never had the pleasure of meeting Ava and have only been attending Northland for a little over a year, I must say that you and your entire family have affected me in a way that I cannot explain. Your faith throughout this most difficult journey has taught me so much. I now wake every day with a new outlook in life and I want to thank you and your family for allowing us to be with you. As a mother of a six year old, I commend your most beautiful wife for her strength. You are both what all parents should strive to be. God bless you, Lisa and Noah in the days ahead and always.
ReplyDeleteI heard about Ava the night before her first surgery. We started praying right away and she has been in my heart ever since. Your whole family has. I was reminded that your life can be interuppted by something unexpected that will change your life forever. I have had such events happen to me but time was starting to fade the appreciation you learn from it.
ReplyDeleteAs reports started coming in about the severity of Ava's illness, my prayers continued for her and for the magnitude of this thing that you and Lisa had to deal with. And there were so many things going on at once. And isn't this just like God to choose this kind of timing? I was praying for a miracle without doubting for all of you. I truly believe in miracles too, because God has done more than one in my life. So I continued to read your blog each night and what I saw in your words was God walking with you, Lisa and Noah through each minute and hour strengthening you each day. There was hope and joy with the progress Ava was making with her walking. Ava, even in the midst of her trial had joy and hope in her heart. Each day, I would read your blog and I could see a father's love for his child. Willing to do anything for the relationship. Ava absorbing every measure of love and care that was given her. Your words continued and the depth of you and Lisa walking hand in hand with Jesus became more evident as hour by hour you needed Him to get you through the day. This was magnetic, powerful! As well, Noah going through the challenge of starting middle school. I know that God's power was on his shoulder's. Ava taught me to value each day for what God has for me. Love one another. I am learning through Ava that no matter what my circumstance is, keep my hope and joy. Ava had no doubt that she would walk again. She just wanted to know when. Childlike faith. Striving for that is another thing.
And seeing the faithwalk that you and Lisa took, holding on to Jesus hand because you chose to take God's path is a tremendous testimony to other's who need encouragement. That had a big impact on me. The journey is still in progress for me and I have much more to learn. Thank you for sharing so that you can help and encourage others............Cindy Lehn
At the memorial service, I will remember Ava's Smile , Ava's smile said' she was LOVED by her brother Noah and her father Josh and mother Lisa, she was LOVED by God..by family and friends, because of her smile I too want to LOVE...to want to love closer and be closer to my Jesus! Thank you God for the blessings of this wonderful family and their love for YOU!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing Ava with us all. Opening your hearts - when I left the memorial service, all I could think is because of Ava, because of your love for God, and your love for her , "makes me want to be a better person' and I wanted to say Isaac , what a loving service you did, was just beautiful, as you said for your 'sweet girl' Ava, and the blessings we walk away with, Thank you God!
ReplyDeleteMay God and our Lord Jesus just wrap you in HIS arms and bless you, and comfort you...You are such a blessing to soooo many folks. Ava and your family have touched so many lives, beyond comprehension. You are in my prayers continuously....
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog and read every word...it is a beautiful testimony of your love for Ava, your wife and son, and for God. I work in Pastoral Care at my church and just forwarded the link for Ava's memorial service to all of our pastors and staff...It touched my heart and made me fall more in love with Jesus, and I know it will do the same for all of them. May you and your family be blessed beyond measure.
ReplyDelete