I'll be in a treestand with my boy tomorrow morning. We are gonna head out together in search of a monster Florida buck...which is like saying, a huge chihuahua. But, regardless of the size of deer we see it will be blessed time. My boy is growing up into a young man and is going through a life defining moment. God will use this time to make him who He wants him to be. I want to be there with him while it's happening.
Noah is a good man. We are going to have a great time. We probably won't shoot any deer, but we will have fun just being together. And we will be together where I meet Ava and God. I can't think of anything better...well, unless Lisa would come...but, hey a guy can only ask for so much :)
Josh, Don't ever underestimate a women...I never thaught I'd go out in the woods with my men but I have so It could happen one day! It was truley a very neat family time! So quiet you could hear a pin drop! It was a very cold Florida winter morning! 25 degrees at 4:00 am, Up in Mallory swamp up in Dixie county a very neat time I will always remember! Michael didn't see a deer this morning:(. It was too hot and the full moon didn't help either, so his uncle and him are going to try again in the morning! Enjoy your time with Noah! I really hope you atleast see something! Cindy Miller
ReplyDeleteI'm going to pray you both shoot one! And BIG! I'll be praying as I am running very early. Have fun with Noah. I predict he is going to follow in his pops and uncle shoes one day and will be a pastor. He's already following in his mom and dad's shoes as a strong, wise, courageous, warrior for Christ! Love you all.
ReplyDeleteJosh-
ReplyDeleteEnjoy this special time with your son. What a blessing it will be.
God Bless-
Jody
Enjoy your time with Noah, Ava and God...and hopefully you will get that buck also :)
ReplyDeleteI pray that you create precious memories tomorrow morning during this father/son bonding. It brings me such great joy to see my husband and son doing activities together and I'm sure Lisa is relishing this time that you two spend together. The chihuahua comment is soooooo funny to me! I hope you guys shoot one but, even if you don't, your time will be special no matter what!
ReplyDeleteAlways praying...always believing...
P.S. Can you email me if you and Lisa (or whoever wants to go) want to take Noah to Wet 'N Wild before it gets too cold? We would be honored to host you :)
So glad you get to have some father/son time. I hope it's awesome :)
ReplyDeleteI pray that you reach a new depth in your relationship with Noah while you both enjoy God's awesome world!! Guy time with your son is great! I hope that both of you have time with God and Ava while you are out there too! You are such an awesome dad!
ReplyDeleteYour father gave another great sermon this evening. I love it when he talks about Ava even though my heart breaks for you all. Since her passing, his sermons have been more powerful, more heartfelt and more convicting than I have ever experienced at Northland. Like the hundreds of other stories, I never met Ava or your family however, I have been so inspired by your beautiful daughter and your blog. These words cannot even begin to express how I feel and how I have been impacted. I was definitely in a "spiritual slumber". I needed so desperately to be awakened. Ava's story and your families faith and strength through this whole ordeal did just that. Having 3 daughters myself (one of them being 5)I can only imagine the grief and pain your family is feeling. Although I cry when I read your blogs and watch those wonderful little videos of Ava, I am so thankful that you are sharing your journey with all of us. Thank you for sharing and please continue to do so!! I will continue to pray for your family. Please pray for all of us who have had our fires reignited, that we will remain lit (spiritually, that is, lol).
ReplyDeleteHey, I enjoy your blog immensely. It blesses me so much. I love the way you meander in and through the greatness, love and beauty of our Lord God. Thanks
ReplyDelete