Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pretty good day, actually

I've been back at work all week and it has been great. Which reminds me...

If you wear glasses or contacts for distance or reading...you should get rid of them by coming to see us at Hunter Vision.

Hunter Vision is a place that has given me rest and focus this week. The people that work on our staff have carried me through the last 2 1/2 months during our unique journey. They have done things that are no where in their job description and loved my family well through the most difficult of days. It's an amazing gift to be able to work with "family". I am so thankful for them. This week has allowed me to focus on giving instead of needing and that is a welcome relief. Focusing back on the way we take care of patients and how we can continue to make each interaction better as we grow the practice is a true blessing right now.

Lisa, Noah and I are still fighting through each day as we learn how to live without Ava here, but each day is getting slightly better as we can more celebrate her gain rather than mourn our loss. My hope is that continues with each passing day.

I am blessed tonight to have a great team at Hunter Vision and a wonderful family all around me. Ava knows that now, and she knew it a month ago. She is blessed by it too.

17 comments:

  1. Josh, I'm glad that your day was better and hope it was for Lisa and Noah, too. Praying that things get a little easier day by day for your family.

    Scheduled my SBK with the best 'family' around and can't wait to see like an eagle! I'm sure that Hunter Vision will soon be a very large Godly 'family' in Orlando in no time flat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, So good to hear things are getting a bit better! My husband and I are both in need of Hunter Vision so we wil be seeing you soon!
    You are VERY BLESSED by your family and extended family! Your Mother and Father should be very proud they raised a great man! But how could they not, you have Very Awsome parents and I am Honord to have your dad for my pastor, he gave one sermon I will never forget last week that totally gave such clarity tto the big picture! Prayers and Blessings.... Cindy Miller

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful to God for the way He has guided and protected you and Lisa and Noah and Ava! Thank you for posting your progress as you make this transition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh,
    Your post are an inspiration! Good to see that God is continually working in your lives!

    He is good all the time!! If I lived in Florida I would come to Hunter Vision!!! momma keim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord! This makes me happy. Continued prayers for your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I marvel at your wisdome, faith and trust, Josh. I am very anxious to meet you someday this side of Heaven. You and yours continue to be in our prayers. :)+

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josh, Praise God that you are having better days. I'm glad you are back working at Hunter Vision. I was in there a couple weeks ago and was extremely impressed by the staff. From Ashley at the front desk to Lori the (absolute sweetest girl I've every met) tech. She did every test imaginable on my eyes. I felt good when I left. I am planning on having the surgery sometime before February. Also, I think my Husband is interested as well. I just wanted to say hang in there and I look forward to seeing you when I visit Hunter Vision! I'm still praying for your entire family and won't stop!! Thank you so much for sharing with us. It really helps us know how to pray. Take care and I'll see you soon. Diane Chance

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy each day is getting better for you
    and your family. Thank you for blogging. The Lord is working through you.
    Theses blogs are truly a blessing to many. Keep them coming!
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers and thoughts. God's love endures forever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Josh,

    One day at a time...praying for you all but it sounds as though you are all learning what the new normal is. Ava is so blessed to have a good vantage point to see it all.
    Noah is a very wise young man and it is so awesome to see these young people understanding how to live out God's truths.
    Your Dad's message this past week was again a testimony to Ava and all that she taught so many of us. I will never fear anything again with God's help and I won't do "crazy" either.
    Blessings to you, Lisa and Noah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow..... So AWSOME, so ENCOURAGING!!!!
    Of course, you are a HUNTER!!!!! The ENTIRE Hunter Family is just more than any word could ever explain!!!! I could write a book on how the ENTIRE Hunter Family has touched my life....Sweet Ava is of course an exception! Your strength and wisdom are remarkable and true example in the faith of our God!!!!!! Thank you entire Hunter family for being the truest examples of God for EVERYONE not only through the Ava trial but in all aspects of life and the journey God has for each and everyone of us here on this earth!!!! Josh, you are remarkable with your daily strength and example to others!!! I sure hope to meet you one day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Josh - may I offer an unsolicited, affirming comment about Hunter Vision? My exam there was, without question the best medical experience of my life. The staff was thoughtful, warm and thorough. The doc was clear, careful, took all the time I required and made me feel like I mattered. The thing that you have captured at Hunter Vision is the idea that the patient is the focus (pun intended) and not just another appointment in a doctor's busy schedule. I highly recommend Hunter Vision.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Geez, you make me wish I wasn't blessed with awesome vision! We do have a few family members that are going to make their way to Hunter Vision though :)

    I am so happy to hear that the days are getting easier. Your faith continues to be so inspirational in my life. I'm running the St. Jude 1/2 marathon in TN in December and Ava is constantly on my mind as I train. She has taught me so much about life in the short amount of time I've known her through your blog (and her grandpa's sermons over the years!). Thank you for this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This made my heart happy today. So glad it was a good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marissa and I just read this and so happy to hear your family at work are covering you with love this week! I know how important it is to have work and focus and I am glad you are having a great week. We continue to learn from your strength and we will always pray for God's continued love and blessings to follow you daily! I hope to come to Hunter Vision soon as I get some insurance and will be excited not to use reading glasses finally. Very happy to hear about a business so well run and so many great testimonies!Continue to walk in faith we will too!

    Lisa & Jim Hughes & Marissa Crismon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Josh!
    Just catching up on your blogs as have been out of town. You are such and inspiration, you bless us all...A quick comment on headaches. My sister and I suffered all of our life with migraines, only they were labeled sinus headaches. The BEST pill that helps us both is called Maxalt (10 mg). Dissoves under your tongue. Works on even the WORST headache within 20 min. No side effects. If you feel one coming on, take a half and it often does the trick. Praying for you and your family always.
    Pat Francoforte

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our family is still praying for yours every day! Even my children have gained a new love for eachother :). And a better prayer life with God.

    ReplyDelete