I met with my friend. He lost his daughter exactly one day before Ava was taken to the hospital the first time. It was amazing. We laughed together and shared stories about what the days were like before our daughters went to be with Jesus.
It was awesome. I spent time with a man in my shoes tonight. What a gift. Thank you God for Tim.
That's all...just thankful.
Josh-
ReplyDeleteSo very glad that there is someone there who KNOWS what you and your family are going through. We all send thoughts and prayers and feel your pain but have no idea what you are going through really.
God is good. Keep holding on.
Jody
Josh, so glad you could share and be with another dad that walks in your shoes! I hope and pray you were good for one another. May both you fathers and families find the peace and comfort only our Awsome God can give.....On a lighter note wish my son luck, he will be in the woods in the morning in north Florida. I'll let you know how he makes out. Cindy Miller
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome God we serve! I love how He brings us together with those we need. Paths don't cross by chance. I am so happy for you that you have Tim to talk to. Prayers for his family also...
ReplyDeleteAlways praying...always believing...
Hi Josh, I have been following your posts sense we at GCC first heard about Ava. I also lost a daughter, Rachel, December 24th 2008 to a car accident. She is still very heart present with me. It was by far the worst experience of my life and yet I can say with great conviction that God has met me through it in a way I never expected, with an intimacy I had never known previously. I pray for you and your family often. I hope our daughters are dancing together, with Jesus at this very moment. I blogged a bit after my Rachel went home, maybe there is something for you there.. http://blog.geneort.com/?cat=7
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers will continue.. May His grace and mercy be ever present.
Gene Ort
So glad you could meet with him! Praying for you this morning!
ReplyDelete~Angela
What a true blessing for you!!! God always seems to meet us right where we’re at and always knows are needs!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI am sure that Tim considers you a gift too,Josh!! It's wonderful that you have eachother now at this very difficult time for you both!! God is so very good!! I'll add Tim and his family to my prayer list. God blesses us in precious ways, doesn't He!! Not always what we want, but then what we need when we are hurting!! I'm sure Ava and Tim's daughter are having fun together!!
ReplyDeleteJosh, My friend once told me that death is just a part of life, of course she's never lost anyone close to her. Time heals all wounds, and Jesus promised never to put more on us than we can handle. You will NEVER be totally over Ava not being there with you, but each day God makes it a little easier. You will have ups and downs for the rest of your life but eventually you will find something that you remember that will make you smile about Ava than make you cry. Like you said at the Memorial Service, "Time". We love you guys and continue to pray for you. Scott and Kathy Chall
ReplyDeleteAmen!!
ReplyDeleteI am thankful that you are thankful, Josh. I got to share a bit of Ava's story today with a man whose brother has cancer. She is blessing others each day...as are you. :)+
ReplyDeleteSo happy that you got this time to talk with someone who knows what you are going though. Still thinking and praying for you and your family.
ReplyDelete