Monday, October 18, 2010

I had a blog for tonight...

But, it will have to wait for tomorrow. Remind me. It's about Ava and Daffney.

Tonight I read an update from a family whose story I learned of last week. Their situation is too close to ours for me not to be taken by it. I don't pretend to understand the master plan, but I choose to give it all to the Master. This story of little Ezra and the battle this family is walking through right now is so nonsensical to me...but, somehow God will use it for good. What I pray is that Ezra's mom and dad will get a glimpse of what that good is. The burden they carry is huge.

Ezra is not doing well tonight...read this blog and pray for him and his family. He needs it. He is being treated by the same team that was responsible for Ava. Lisa and I grew to love them like family. Pray that the team of docs and nurses will know how to help and comfort as well. It's a rough go for this family and my heart breaks for them. I don't even know them...but, now I know how a lot of you felt as we walked through it with sweet Ava. Join me in praying for them too.

Here is the story from today:

Do me a favor and leave them a comment on his blog to let them know you are praying. I know what it feels like to be lifted up in prayer when you can't pick yourself up off the floor. It means more than you could ever know.

http://thematthewsstory.com/2010/10/18/slippery-slope/

15 comments:

  1. My prayers continue, for both your family and Ezra's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read their entire short story to my husband and I am so taken back and reminded of all we take for granted and problems we all think are problems til stories like this I am in prayer for Baby Ezra and this entire family wow what a story they have lived already with the twins too! Again because of Ava we are united in prayer for a new family we might have never known! What a mighty God we serve and Ava and Ezra are Leading us all in Growth beyond words! Thank you Josh and Lisa for your amazing love and strength and Jesus to all be Glory in your Name we trust this new situation! Peace to all!


    Lisa Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying for Ezra, his family, and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for giving us the opportunity to pray Josh. My dad's name was Ezra and he was a mighty man of God - praying this little Ezra grows up to be the same. This team and this family: in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just too much. Poor Ezra, will be praying for him and his family. Here is another blog, while we are at it, of a man who needs prayers. His wife died a few years back from brain cancer. He was left with 3 small children. He recently remarried and a few months later found out they were pregnant with twins. She, too, went into early labor, and lost both babies, and right after went into cardiac arrest and was put on life support and later that week she died. So he lost 2 wives in a few short years, and 2 babies. I don't know how this man goes on, and know he could use all the prayers he can get.

    http://lesliejoyevans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Josh, praying for Ezra and his family as well as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our lifegroup, family, and friends, are all praying for Ezra and his family all the way from the west coast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Josh I will pray, pray, and continue to pray for Ezra and his family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in Josh. Who could not love that sweet little face? It's as if these children have been selected by God, and they are special to Him. One day we will understand what it all meant, and why it was so important. Knowing God, means some tremendous good will come from this trial. Lifting the family of Ezra & yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so heartbreaking to read another story like Ezra's. I can't imagine the emotions it stirs up in you. I am praying for Ezra, his family and the team of doctors carrying out God's will. May He grant them (and you) the peace that only He is capable of providing.

    I was having a little pity party for myself this morning. Thanks for keeping me in check ;)

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just left a note for their family . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've left a comment for them. Still praying for you and your family and now Ezra and his family too.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  13. Josh, I thought you might be interested in Dawn Burgess' thoughts at this website: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/anjali Scroll down to the Oct 18 post about "Amputees". Thank you for sharing the situation Ezra and his family are experiencing. I will pray for them and continue praying for you and your family also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Josh, I will definitley be praying for this family as well for you and yours............

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Josh--took your suggestion and went to the Matthews blog and posted. Praying for you all and them, too. M.

    ReplyDelete