Sometimes I think the best thing you can do in a day is go to Bass Pro Shops. Everything that is good and right about America is in that place. It's all about how you can do more stuff outdoors. So am I. Therefore, Basspro and I get along just fine.
I had to get Noah some camo for the upcoming trip. All his hunting gear is for warm weather...had to get something so the poor guy wouldn't freeze. It was a great "man trip". We sampled beef jerky and looked at guns, knives, bows, camo, truck accessories and awesome, America t-shirts.
I don't know that more fun can be packed into one hour.
Tomorrow, it's date night. I am looking very forward to some time with my lady.
This week is shaping up just fine for old Josh...Basspro and Noah Thursday, Lisa Friday.
Solid. I hope Lisa likes the camo hat I bought her. :)
I'll just ignore the part about Bass Pro Shop, ha!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your date with Lisa :) Totally awesome that you haven't lost sight of connecting with each other. Date nights are SO important.
Good luck hunting with your kids!
Always praying...always believing...
Your family is just so cool :) My husband, son and I go to Bass Pro all the time. Good, solid, family time.
ReplyDeleteAWWW... Josh I love those shopping trips to Bass! Its like a mini vacation because there is SO much to see and buy. When we do a Bass pro shopp run it is usually a family affair! I hope you have a GREAT date with Lisa!Enjoy you time together! Cindy Miller
ReplyDeleteLove it...My husband wanted a hat for father's day & that is where we took him to get it. It was our first visit, and I think that it's safe to say that we'll be headed to Bass Pro every father's day...the ultimate man cave!
ReplyDeleteHi Josh, Lisa and Noah,
ReplyDeleteOh how healing your words are each day! It truly comforts me during this road of grief I am on for Pam. I wanted to share an experience I just had in hopes that you will be touched as well. My family recently celebrated Copri's 33rd birthday up in Gainesville. Cori has 3 children, all of whom know I am missing Pam, as well as know about and prayed for your sweet Ava. One night, my grand-daughter, Bri, who is 6 and reminds me of Ava personality-wise, asked me if she could sing a song for me? I said "of course!" So she brought me into their computer, where her daddy had brought up a you-tube video...Bri had all the words written on a paper, and she had obviously practiced it a lot, and when they began to play this song,(titled "An Angel"), sweet Bri just belted out the words, grinning up at me, and allowing me to cry for Pam as it played. For a 6-year old to have that kind of compassion, was a beautiful gift to my heart...because she had known in her tiny spirit, that "Nana" would love that song because she loves Pam. As i listened, I thought of Ava, and knew that when I got back home, I'd find a way to send you the you-tube so you could hear it also. I was so touched by this sweet gift, it so reminded me of something Ava would do :-) I have found that the greatsest gift anyone can give me as I grieve, is the gift of coming close enough to feel my pain, and not be afraid to cry along with me :-) The fewer the words, the better :-) (as I know you have found as well). So here is the info on the video: If you google "Declan Galbraith-2007 ZDF (Italian Tirol) An Angel", it will take you to the you-tube video. I had never heard of this kid...he is a young teenager...but my son-in-law came across him. I hope it will bless you all as it did me. YOu are so loved and prayed for by my family. We have all been deeply blessed and honored to walk with you & your family as you walk here without your precious baby girl. Again, thank you for your transparency and honesty...they are like healing balm to my heart Josh. I thank God for you all. Hurting with you.
Love, Sue Hilinski
This one just plain made me smile--- enjoy your blog-- not only is it theraputic for you to write but it's good medicine for us that read it!
ReplyDeleteBring home the meat!!!