Thursday, October 28, 2010

Magic and Stuff.

Noah and I hit the Amway Center tonight for the first NBA regular season game ever played there. We destroyed Washington and Noah loved every minute of the destruction. He is at a great age where he can think of nothing cooler than shooting one basket on that court. I can think of nothing cooler than staying as far away from that court as possible so as not to hurt or embarrass myself.

Speaking of embarrass...Stuff, the Magic's mascot came into row 15 and sat on my lap during the game. I was not sure whether to punch him or dump my popcorn bucket down his costume...I did neither. I just sat there while he sat on me and my pretzel. I figured if I stayed still he would move on. I was right.

Noah loved that. He thought it was such an honor for stuff to sit on me. Maybe next time I'll bring my taser. Well, I guess it was better than being on the jumbotron.

11 comments:

  1. Ha! Well, amen for some laughter and Stuff! Ava and Lisa would've been cracking up!! And Noah will be sharing that with all his friends tomorrow! Love blessings for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if you were there! Pretty much anytime there is a shot of the crowd I just assume I'm going to see you. If only they captured you Stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughed so hard about this one! I was sitting here wishing that it was my husband that got sat on by the mascot and I could have witnessed it. I think he would have freaked out! So glad to see you are blogging again. Still praying for you all.
    Sue Schutz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh, It is GREAT to hear you are having fun! You are making such AWESOME memories for Noah! You are an AWSOME dad!As I read your blog I was pictureing in my mind you with the mascot on your lap! I really had to laugh as I was reading!Fun Stuff! I Love It! Cindy Miller

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Stuff, Josh!!!! Maybe I should go in your place next time, so you don't have to deal with him. Let me know. :) Allie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that stuff sat on you and you and your boy had a great time. I think it's funny you avoid the jumbotron...I'm always trying to find the camera guy for the jumbotron to get on there... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Ava was diagnosed, I was introduced to this blog (the only blog I read.) I fit into the category of unknown 1000's who have cried and prayed and grown with you in your journey.

    Just thought I'd tell you that, these days, when I turn on the computer to check my email (and my bank statement), your blog is the first thing I read each morning. Thank you for this blessing.

    God bless,
    Diane Jones

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha good story, josh, and well told. favorite transition:
    "Noah loved that. He thought it was such an honor for stuff to sit on me. Maybe next time I'll bring my taser." hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Josh, I'm still laughing. Your humor is wonderful. I am glad you and Noah are able to do these fun things together. You deserve some lighter moments in your life right now. Hope you, Lisa, and Noah have a nice weekend. Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that you and Noah got to enjoy the game together. I can't wait until my Noah is old enough to enjoy a game with my husband! That is too funny about Stuff. Too bad tonight's game didn't have a similar outcome...it was painful to watch!

    I hope you guys have a weekend with lots of ups!

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So how do you know that it wasn't Ava in that Stuff costume???? Knowing that you needed a laugh, or that Noah did???? ;-)

    ReplyDelete