Today was much better. I didn't miss Ava any less, but I just was able to handle it much differently than yesterday. I got to hunt this morning, so I spent a lot of time with her...and since I don't see any game animals when I hunt...well, I get to talk to Ava a lot.
Hunter Vision keeps rolling along and all things are going well. We continue to be blessed by God bringing just enough patients to take care of what we need. We just keep trying to be faithful to do what He asks of us and treat people like He wants us to. I know that will get us to where He wants us to be in the long run...so that's the plan we are sticking to. It's great to have a partner like Joel Hunter, MD. He's carried me for a while...it's time I start locking in again. I am almost there. I can feel it.
Lisa and Noah are hanging in there. Thanks so much for your prayers, they matter.
Josh you are so welcome! We will pray for you till you tell us to stop! Always thinking about you all! And now you got me thinking about your hunts TOO! My son went out to hunt the other day he didn't see anything either! I think the weather has alot to do with it! Cold than hot. Oh well he just likes being out in nature and in Gods wonderful creation..
ReplyDeleteCindy Miller
During times of trial, I think God only expects us to do the "next right thing". He has the path laid out for us - tried, tested and ready. Sometimes we are able to focus, plan and prepare, and sometimes He allows us to trust in Him one step at a time. For now, Dear Josh, I am certain God is ok with you following his lead and taking one step of faith at a time - none of US can comprehend why your journey took such a twist - but God has it all under control and can make it all work for His glory - just take it it one next right thing at a time! Hugs!
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteJosh, whatever your heart feels on any day, I feel honored to share it with you here. Just know that when you're having a rough time, there are many people helping Jesus carry you all through your grief... not that He needs our help, but He taught us to keep each other.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're doing better today and I'm sure that meeting you at Hunter Vision on Friday will be a special part of an extraordinary day!
Hoping that you, Lisa, and Noah rest well tonight :-)
Josh, I wish every day get's a little better and a little easier for you and your family. I pray God will carry you guys and let you rest when you are tired. Back in New York, reading your blog and wondering how you are doing. Hang in there, there are a lot of people that care and pray for you and your loved ones. All the best, with love, Bruno & Family
ReplyDeleteYou're allowed to have days that aren't as great as others. I can't imagine your range of emotions. I think you're doing a phenomenal job sharing them and I hope it helps you as well as any others who may be reading your blog. I know your blog has helped me as I recover and for that I am grateful.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that Hunter Vision is doing well. I pray that your client base explodes! I have no doubt where I'll go for vision needs or where I'll refer others. The last name Hunter has the Midas touch :)
Always praying...always believing...
Praying for you today.
ReplyDelete~Angela
Hey, Josh... it's been a while since I've posted anything and I just wanted to let you know that I'm still here, reading regularly.
ReplyDeleteI lost my dad very suddenly a few years back and had a really hard time. The grief took forms I wasn't expecting, having never had a major loss before.
Two things I can tell you... first, it will get better. The loss never goes away, and you will always, always miss her -- but YOU will start to feel like yourself again, like you're a whole person even though she's not there. For a major loss like yours, it takes about one year to a year and a half. Mine was almost exactly a year, and it felt like the clouds had lifted and the sky was blue... after I'd been living in the fog so long that I didn't even remember that there was a sky that wasn't grey.
Second, from what I can tell, you're doing everything right. You're taking each day one at a time, you've got outlets to express yourself (like this blog), you're doing things like hunting to take care of yourself, and you're grateful for and accepting of the help of others, like your brother and your co-workers who have been supporting you while you're recovering. Keep it up, and you will make it through this.
By the way, my mom has cataracts and I'm doing my best to send her business your way. :-)
Johanna
Glad you're having a better day today, Josh.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry your all on this emotional roller coaster and will be for a while. While it in NO WAY compares to loosing a child, I went through a divorce 17 years ago. I had been with my 'ex' for 20 years and it was, indeed, like a death. It takes time, so afford yourself that time to grieve and get through the rougher times until you learn to surround the pain.
I continue to pray for you all daily,that God will give you the strength to get through the day and help you with the pain. I know I keep saying the same thing, but it's the best I know to do when going through the tragedies and pain of life. Hold on to The Lord. Crawl into His loving arms.....He will comfort you.
Until next time-
Jody
You are welcome. I'm glad to hear an answer to our prayers for you. Praise God! He works and lets us share in that work. -M
ReplyDelete