Luke is 1. He is Joel and Lizzy's boy. A fine young man is he. He is distinguished enough to be perfectly polite in any setting and yet manly enough to wrestle a small bear cub in the wilderness.
Lisa and I got to watch Luke tonight while Dr. Joel and Lizzy went out on a date. It was really fun. We goofed around with him and played dumb games. Noah loved spending time with his little cousin throwing a ball back and forth for every bit of an hour. It was awesome. It was nice to have a bit of chaos back in the house. I never really knew I missed that part, but I do.
I thought tonight about how I want to teach Luke about what it means to be a Hunter. His dad will do most of that, but uncles have a role too. My uncles all taught (and still teach) me something different that made (makes) me better for my family. I learned a lot about the value of extended family and the heritage we share from them.
I want Luke to know about Ava. I want him to know what her life means to so many and what an absolute Hunter she was to her very core. He will be better for knowing it and her. I look forward to those days on hunting trips as we share those stories with him. His uncles and aunts love him more than he'll be able to grasp until he is much older, but I want him to know from very early on how much his cousin Ava loves him. (all of this applies to Lincoln and future nephews too)...
It was a great night. Family still means everything.
Bravo!
ReplyDeleteAmen! Have a blessed day, Josh!
ReplyDeletePrecious words and oh-so-true! I know you and the rest of the Hunter family will do a fine job making sure Luke knows all about Ava and the amazing example she is of a Hunter.
ReplyDeleteI was never close to my aunts or uncles and I totally recognize the void now that I have kids of my own. My kids are incredibly close to our brothers and sisters - I feel so blessed in this capacity! It was especially fun listening to my 2 year old daughter sing the Barney theme song to my 29 year old brother while he's on the other end of the phone saying "what on earth is she saying?" last night :)
Hope today is a good one for you, Lisa and Noah!
Always praying...always believing...
I thought you might like to know how AVA touched many today. Today we had an award luncheon for some of our amazing workers here at The Swan and Dolphin Resort. For some of our award winners washed dishes, some cleaned rooms and some served food, but all of them won because they had an amazing spirit and "Hunter" characteristics. Not every one of them can read or even owns a car, but challenges in life do not get them down and they were celebrated today. It seemed only fitting that AVA a shining example of perseverance and spirit be honored in the room so all of the centerpieces in the room were from the AVA BELLE collection from our florist In Bloom. I have followed your family since Eddie asked us to pray for AVA in church and I found myself both misty eyed and smiling at the beautiful purple flowers in the room. I miss AVA for you but her spirit was palpable and I thank you for sharing her with us.
ReplyDeleteIsn't he great? He really IS the cat's meow...and pajamas ;) Love that kid!!!
ReplyDelete