Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday again.

Yep. It's Sunday again. So far, so good. I enjoyed church this morning. Isaac's sermon was dag'gum awesome. He said one thing that really stuck in my head. It really helps when your younger brothers are wiser than you are. I learned early on that I could learn a lot from them. They are both freaky smart.

Isaac said in his sermon today, "Take the mourning of your loss, and the energy you put into making tears, and channel it toward something productive." The analogy was actually in reference to Lincoln's soccer game and how mad he gets when someone steals the ball from him, but it's the 3 year old's version of what we are walking through :) It was perfectly what I needed to hear from God this morning. I am at the point where those tears will better be served by directing them toward things for others. I know Ava would want that. One thing she does not like is when we are sad! So, while it doesn't eliminate the sadness, it may be a great way for me to help others while we walk through it. It's such a better way to spend energy.

I'll be working on that one for a while, but at least I have a new goal. When I don't have much to shoot for I struggle to do anything. Now, I got something.

Thanks, Isaac...and God, of course.

Here's to a good week of redirecting my tears toward Christ's purposes for my life and the life of those around me.

15 comments:

  1. GREAT blog, Josh!!!! still praying, Always will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not realize it, but you already are using those tears for Good Works. Just reading your blog has inspired me to love my kids a little better and to think more about others going through hard times. I prayed for your family extra hard this morning knowing Sunday's ssem to be your worst days of the week. I'm glad you were touched at the service.

    I would love it if sometime when you are farther in your journey you'd blog some do's/dont's for those of us coming into contact with someone that is grieving. One of my best friends lost her son long before I ever knew her. She shared that for her the hardest thing was that because so many people don't know what to say they avoided her like the plague. It makes me think that maybe I sometimes do the same thing in other situations instead of just being there for that person as best I can.

    Anyways, thanks for sharing. I'm committed to praying for your family this entire year ahead. Blessings,
    Sue Schutz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Josh,
    I am so blessed to be your "blog friend". Loved your thoughts today, God is so good to give us just what we need just at the right time. Continued prayers for you and your family!

    Cheri Gillett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Josh, Isaac, and Our Almighty God. I will channel my tears for the good of others. How precious Our God is working through you!! I continue to pray for you, Lisa, Noah and the Hunter Family. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isaac is a wise man!! Will continue to pray for you, Lisa and Noah!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. prayers do continue and I will continue to watch your blog...probably forever! we are all blessed by you and your family's presence in our lives. I pray that this will be a wonderful week for you and yours, Josh, as we all reach for the prize. :)+

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josh
    Your tears of grief have already been helping. Helping folks know it's ok to have tears. There's so much in our culture that says men don't cry. Your example of grieving and allowing joy of faith in the midst of it has been incredibly powerful in my life and I know in others. Keep on being real. Thank you for doing so through all this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Isaac and God Thank you for the word for our dear friends! I am so happy you got that word today Josh! We will keep praying always!
    Cindy Miller

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I have two freaky smart siblings too! I learn/learned so much from them - totally get you there! I'm glad God spoke to you through Isaac. Totally awesome.

    My mom called me tonight and said the coolest thing happened today. She was at the Southern Woman's Show and she stumbled upon the Hunter Vision booth. She was so excited and said the employees who she spoke to were so nice. You definitely have a customer headed your way! What was really funny is that my MIL was at my house cooking dinner so I had her on speaker phone so we could both talk to her and she was telling us about "the $500". Well, my MIL says "did you sign my name up?" and, of course, my mom didn't so there was some playful banter back and forth! Thought you'd appreciate hearing that story :)

    I hope your week ahead is a good one with any tears redirected for God's purpose!

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Josh, I pray that your week is awesome. Your brother Isaac is so wise! We miss Summit so much. Since moving away from Orlando, we have yet to find a church that even begins to compare.
    I pray your day is blessed. You and your family are always in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Hunter Family!
    I found your blog through a link to your uncle's blog post from my pastor's blog. I was immediately drawn into your little girl's story. And would check in almost every day. It was so encouraging and inspiring to see how you all have let God use this pain for HIS glory. It's a beautiful thing to see and witness. But the reason I was posting was just to let you know of a "God-thing" that happened. I'm a school picture photographer and I was snapping away one day when the next little girl walked up. I kinda stopped and stared - she was the spitting image of your beautiful daughter. Right around the same age too. I looked down at her camera card - and read "Ava" I was blown away - right away I just started praying for you all - it was this past Wednesday around 11AM - I have no idea what was going on - but I knew that was a prompt from God to pray for you all - I know this is a long battle - but He is with you. Thank you for your witness
    Blessings!
    Anna Hart from PA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Josh! I haven't met you or your wife yet but have been following your story from the beginning! My family and I just started attending Summit this past summer and are so blessed to have found it! Your family has been a complete inspiration to me and several of my friends, whom I have shared your story with! We just moved here from Tampa and we attended Grace Family Church there. One of the lead singers is walking in the very same shoes as you guys and I just wanted to give you Kyle's Blog Information. They are here at Arnold Palmer and their son Ezra is not doing very well at all.
    http://thematthewsstory.com/

    I know that in times like this, it helps to talk with people that know exactly what you are going through. Ava is an amazing little girl and I pray for you and your family all of the time and will continue. Thank you for faithfulness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds as if you have made it to the "next step" of your journey...you heard what was said and I hope it is as your Father's messages have been for me over the past 18 years...I have heard a message straight from God thru your Father's teaching and have heard your Father say, when presented by others, that he has re-listened to his sermons and has NOT heard what was heard by someone else...I hope Isaac is that conduit for you; you are in His very capable, able, safe arms

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this Josh. I needed to hear what Isaac said too. Don't leave yourself out of the super smart brother list. :) I've learned so much from you over the past few years. Love you & Lisa tons! -- Krista Juline

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad you had a better Sunday. I pray for you all day and night but say a few more prayers on Sunday because you said this is the more difficult day. Much love and prayers.

    The Case Family

    ReplyDelete