Thursday, October 14, 2010

Blog Friends

I meet you everyday. Someone who followed the story of Ava walks into my life every single day. It's incredible. I love it. I don't have to say anything...you just know what's up. You know how I'm doing...and ask about things that matter. What a gift God gave me in you all. The support we have is what I hope for everyone who goes through a tragedy. I know it's rare. I wish it wasn't. Thanks. To all of you.

17 comments:

  1. I am quite proud to be your friend. Praying for you guys is part of my life and will be for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh,

    I have been reading your blog daily since I heard about Ava. I, too, pray for you, Lisa and Noah. I can't imagine the loss you must feel. You are sooo right. What a blessing Ava has been to sooo many. Your faith along the journey has also been such a testimony. Thanks for sharing so openly. You, your faith, your family and Ava have truly been a blessing to me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is a pleasure & pure privilege to walk with you through this. i wish i could afford to have my eyes fixed so i could meet you in person. may God continue to bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh, see you in the morning! If you need a walking testimonial for SBK at the Southern Women's Show on Sunday, I'd be proud to join you 48 hours post op :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very welcome, but know that it is you we thank. Your blog posts are proof of your tremendous faith in God and love of family. Sharing your difficulties and triumphs with all of us allows not only a way for us to support you, Lisa and Noah, but opens our own minds and heart to be more receptive to God in our lives. You have posted some things at times that make me stop in my tracks and go, "yeah, that's EXACTLY what I'm feeling" and "yes, I can turn this all over to God".

    Only God has ALL the answers, but we thank you for pointing us in the right direction to at least ask the questions.

    Thanks Josh. Our prayers continue for your entire family. Thanks for the companionship along this journey we call life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ava's story and your family are just as much a blessing to us as you say we are to you! I will always feel connected to you guys and you have never even meet me. I will continue to lift you up and prayer, you are not alone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and your family have been a blessing in my life. I know all things are possible through Jesus Christ our lord.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Josh, Lisa, and Noah, God never makes mistakes. My husband and I may never meet you this side of heaven, but just know that we pray for you and your family daily. I know what you are going through, and I know that prayer works. God is with us always, and I love it that He promised He would never put more on us than we can handle. Thank you for letting us be a part of not only Ava's life, but yours as well. I just love getting on here daily and reading your blogs. It's like you are part of our family now, and that's a good thing because one day we will all be together just a singin "the poop song" with Jesus, Ava, my sister, and all of our loved ones who get to paradise before us. We love you, Scott and Kathy Chall

    ReplyDelete
  9. Josh, please allow me to thank you. I have had such comfort and peace following your blog for more than a year. You have a rare gift - the ability to write in such a way that it sounds like speech. That is not common. Thanks so much!! May God bless you (and Lisa and Noah), May God keep you, and May God make His face to shine upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Josh,
    I am at home tonight recovering well and so thankful for you and your brother and this gift of my new vision. I was grateful to be able to meet you today (ironically, since Jason was at the show and would have been my pre-op guide otherwise). I'm glad I got to tell you in person all the things that your blog has meant to me over the summer. Again, I am grateful that Ava has led me to this experience and as I enjoy my "new eyes," I am remembering her spirit always. With love, Elaine Federico

    ReplyDelete
  11. Josh,

    Thank you for blogging through your griefing process. And most of all thank you for sharing Ava with us all. I miss her. But its comforting to know that she is happy. Just think of it as this. I can't wait for the day that you too meet again in Heaven. It's going to be very magical. Ava must be proud of her daddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Josh-
    Thank YOU for sharing such a personal tragedy with so many you don't know. Even though I never met Ava I think about her often, especially last Monday night when I watched your dads service. I love Northland, watch it every Monday. I wish I could view the services @ Summit as well. I can only get audio. GCC is my home, but I've grown close to the Hunter's because of Ava. And, closer to The Lord. You are a family that I will always pray for and that will always have a place in my heart. Sometimes it's hard to know what to say. My heart just breaks for you all when reading some of your blogs. But we (I) want you to continue to express your emotions if it helps with the process of the pain. I'm glad to be here and I'm pretty sure everyone else is too.
    Have a blessed weekend.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  13. Josh, It is an honor to be your friend and be there for you! You and your family have Blessed me beyond measure!I love being there for you everyday in your new normal. I love your humor, your honesty and above all your bare feelings you share with us! And I also LOVE it the the Hunter is a hunter!Praying for you and yours always our friend.....Thank you!
    Cindy Miller

    ReplyDelete
  14. Josh, please know that there are no words to express my gratitude for your support and Dr Joel's amazing gift today. I treasure my new sight and will get the word out about Hunter Vision beginning tomorrow even more than I did tonight. Hunter Vision is a tremendous blessing to the community and is an example of what a medical practice should be about-- restoring patients to health in a caring environment. Thumbs way, way up for Hunter Vision!!

    We now return you to regular programming :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think we all owe YOU the thanks. For giving us perspective, for showing us how to be a faithful servant of God, for reminding us that faith can get us through anything. I think you make us all want to be better people, better Christians, better parents, better friends... So, THANK YOU for continuing to share your journey with us. You all remain in my prayers and though I do not know you, I think of you all everyday and know that Ava is dancing with our great God and smiling down on you. She must be so proud to have you and Lisa as her parents.
    On another note, thank you for sharing the info about Hunter Vision. My husband and I are coming in for the vision analysis next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, that it were possible

    For one short hour to see

    the souls we love,

    That they might tell us

    What & where they be."

    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's been such a blessing and honor to read your blog and pray for your family. I am forever changed because of it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete