Friday, October 29, 2010

Well Dang.

I love the Orlando Magic. Tonight, they did not love me back. I shouldn't care about a basketball game, but it makes me want to throw stuff around when we lose. I don't, but I want to. It's really not that significant in life, but tonight I am glad I could actually get mad at the game. It means I am able to engage in other things for a minute. Baby steps, but thanks to that terrible performance by the Magic, I am able to see that I am making slow progress.

Pray for us in the next few days. Ava turns six on November 1. That will for sure be a hard day for Lisa and me.

11 comments:

  1. I think of you as all of the "firsts" start to come... they are hard, you are surrounded by people who love and care for all of you; let them help you through, it is their gift to you, as much as Ava was :) (and is)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all...especially on Monday!! Peace and Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that you 3 feel overwhelmed with peace from the Ultimate Comforter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I continue to pray for you and your family everyday, asking always that you feel God's constant loving presence in both sunshine and shadow. I also give thanks for the way the world was blessed by Ava's birth and through her life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CELEBRATE THE DAY WITH GLADNESS, THAT YOU WERE BLESSED WITH HER UNTIL GOD CALLED HIS LITTLE GIRL BACK HOME. CELEBRATE THE DAY AS HER FIRST BIRTHDAY IN HEAVEN. WHAT A PARTY SHE WILL BE HAVING. I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS AS YESTERDAY WAS MY HUSBANDS EARTHLY BIRTHDAY AND I SPENT THE DAY JUST TALKING TO HIM, TEARS AND LAUGHTER. GRIEF IS SUCH A MYSTERIOUS JOURNEY. YOU ARE ALL IN MY PRAYERS WISHING FOR YOUR HEARTS TO BE AT PEACE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I continue to pray for your family and thank God for the impact you all have had on my life. Myself and many others will be celebrating Ava's life on November 1st along with your family. I watched a movie last night that I thought I would share with you. It's called "Letters to God." You may have already heard about it or watched it. If not, I must warn you that you may need a box of tissues (or 2) but its an excellent movie that represents how kids just like Ava have impacted millions of people. Throughout the tears it made my heart smile to think about how God is so powerful that he can change the lives of so many people through his children. Thanks again for sharing your journey and helping me to feel closer to God every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be thinking of you on Monday, Hunter family. I'll have some time to pray while I'm waiting at the doctor's office for my son's appointment...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Josh, Lisa and Noah, My heart will be with you and all of the Hunters on Monday. I'm sure Ava will be thought of all day long by thousands. Maybe if we listen hard enough, we will hear the birthday trumpets in heaven that will be serenading "Princess Ava" on her special day. May God give you a peaceful day. Much love from Susie, a Northland friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Continuing to hold you and your family up in prayer! May God comfort you always through this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you each day this week, Josh, LIsa & Noah. M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you all!! Lil' miss Ava is going to have the most amazing birthday party in Heaven w/ all of her new friends. Don't feel that you can't celebrate her b-day here, she's still very much a party of your family. You all will love her until you see her again, still rejoice in her special moments. She's certainly enjoying them in heaven & looking down on you all!

    ReplyDelete