Tuesday, October 26, 2010

No, I haven't fallen off the planet.

It's been a few days. All is well here. We are clipping along and trying to make the most of each day. Lisa and I are still tying to figure out how to live life without Ava here with us, but we are getting there. Each day is a step forward and backward, depending on the moment at hand. The tears are fewer now. That is interesting. I wasn't sure if there would be a day that I didn't cry. I've now had a few. It's kinda weird.

Not much to report, but I felt like I should report that. I still want to look back on this one day and see what it was like to walk this journey. Part of that is to remember Ava the same 50 years from now and part of that is to help others as they walk through loss. Our lives have been changed forever... I don't want to forget how it happened.

I'll keep blogging.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for blogging Josh! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you both on Sunday...won't stop praying for y'all.

    Love, Allie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was getting worried, have been checking your blog and hoping you were doing ok. it must be comforting for you to know that you could not fall off the face of the earth without several people noticing you were gone. Hope you have a week of moving forward a few steps, forward but not away from Ava.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh, thank you very much for your honesty. Your blogs have helped me move forward. It's not easy at times but with God all things are possible. Thanks again. Always in my prayers. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh, I was wondering where you were! I thaught perhaps you went on a hunt! Glad your back though! Happy to here the tears are fewer but it's not wierd it's normal. You will NEVER forget, you will cope and you really don't ever want to, forget that is. I am 54 and it is like yesterday that I saw my father when I was a little girl pass away on our living room floor.I see every detail.See I had to start to deal with passing as a young person. It really doesn't make when people pass easy for me but I learned along the way that there are very many steps to grieving and no way is right or wrong. But our loving Father gives us all we need to get through and come out on the otherside! I hope you and yours have a GREAT day! Always praying for you ALL... Cindy Miller

    ReplyDelete
  6. God Bless you, Lisa and Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josh- I agree with all the others who have posted before me. I get concerned if you don't blog. It makes me sleep a little better when you let us know what you are feeling, happy or sad. We continue to be on this journey with you. I've asked God to give me wisdom to share with you through His word or something I read that will comfort you or enlighten you. When He speaks to me with that message, I'll be certain to pass it on. There are times when I see a child on T.V. or in person that reminds me of Ava Belle, and I'll especially think of her. I'll then go to a place in my mind and in my heart where I see Ava SMILING, LAUGHING, DANCING, SKIPPING, HELPING OTHER CHILDREN, AND SERVING JESUS WITH SPIRITED JOY!! Then I'll pray for you, Lisa, and Noah to be experiencing the same vision. I'm glad the days are becoming a little easier to navigate. Your dad said in a sermon a few weeks ago,"Seek His face, not His hand so you can kiss Him." That has been so powerful and helpful for me. You will also be kissing Ava, since she is with Him! Amen! God bless you and keep you. Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Though it isn't quite the same, Josh, I lost my grandfather to Pancreatic Cancer at the end of August, it was a slow and sad process. We watched him leave us very slowly, stroke by stroke. Your blogs have brought me such comfort in a time I felt very alone. The loss of a child must be the most devastating thing I can imagine, saying "see you later" to people you love is heartbreaking. But you are right, I am so much more comforted now than ever. I wouldn't make him come back to this place if I could. Thank you for sharing your journey with me. I can't wait to meet Ava on the other side. We are praying for your family. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

    God Bless You :-)

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to know that you haven't fallen off the planet :) And, glad to hear that you'll keep blogging! I look forward to your updates.

    I saw the pics of Summit's baptisms on your uncle's blog - totally awesome seeing your brother baptize his own daughter! You guys are one awesome family!

    Always praying...always believing...

    ReplyDelete