Friday, August 28, 2009

Uncle Mark's in town!

Likely not the most flattering photo ever taken, but it made me laugh.

Waaaahhhooooo! Uncle Mark and Aunt Sheila came to town this week. They had a conference to teach early next week and figured they could come a couple days early and see family (as well as spend half a day teaching Summit's staff about leadership...awesome). Also, he says things like "waaaahhhoooo" a lot.

I love spending time with Mark and Sheila. They are always encouraging and genuinely care about the church, not just Summit, but "the church". They are fun to listen to because they are awesome. They are good to listen to because they have done exactly what we are trying to do at Summit and succeeded wildly by anyone's metric. I love having them here and I love being able to spend time with them.

I wonder how many families in the USA have 3 pastors of separate mega-churches in them?

God is good and He has blessed this family. I pray everyday that He will help us to be faithful with what He has entrusted to us. So far so good. Pop, Uncle Mark, and Isaac just keep pluggin away building God's church. It's awesome to watch and have a part in.

Hopefully I'll get to spend some more time with them this weekend.
Wahoooooo!

3 comments:

  1. This is what Uncle Mark's head would look like if he was mounted. I mean like a trophy mount.

    ReplyDelete