Monday, August 10, 2009

Day 1


As I was talking with Isaac the other day, we were joking about how many "Day 1's" we have. Most of our attempts at disciplined life over a sustained period of time have new beginnings all too regularly. Such is my condition this morning.

There are 12 weeks exactly until we reach the hunting trip. Know how many weeks it takes to do a "body for life" cycle?...Yep... 12. So, today I begin again the maniacal calorie counting, exercise discipline and eating of only good fuel. Day 1 is easy, days 2-14 are hard. Once we hit the two week mark, it all gets easier.

I just realized that this is one more thing to make me look forward to November. That could be dangerous given my current level of anticipation...also, I will have a new nephew around then.

So, I declare a new start. Today is a new day. Thank God His mercies are new every morning and He is faithful...because I sure am not.

Here's to a faithful 12 week run of no more day 1's.

**This is a big week for Hunter Vision too. Bank meetings this week to see if we will be able to get funding the traditional way...Pray if you think about it...**




No comments:

Post a Comment