Friday, August 14, 2009

A Li'l Help Over the Hump


This morning I especially realize the need we have for help in some periods of life. It is a good recognition for me since I have etched into my mind that "Hunters are givers, not takers" from the years of hearing Mom and Pop as they tried to get us to learn that we are here to serve. While I absolutely agree that God put us here for that purpose, I think I missed the other part. There are times when we can't do it on our own and need to ask for help. Not times we take, but times we receive so that we can pour more into the lives of others.

That is where we sit with Hunter Vision as of this morning. We currently need a few hundred thousand dollars so that many can be helped. I meet with another bank today to find out really what we need to have. Two banks are in if we come up with that other money... not sure yet what this one will say. I know God will show up in this process, but it is crazy to have no idea where you will get a few hundred thousand when you have a net worth of closer to zero than the number you need.

I will do all I can each day and be patient. I will pray that God sends the help we need from an individual investor or two. I start calling them next week...

My new addition for my kids will be, "Hunters are givers. We only take when it benefits others more than if we don't."

Now is one of those times.

No comments:

Post a Comment