
This morning I feel like a diver headed deeper and deeper into the ocean. Everything below me is compelling me to go further down, but each meter puts a little more pressure on my body and I am becoming very aware that it is not comfortable.
I am not comfortable at all. I think that is where I am supposed to be right now. I need to raise a bunch of investor money for Hunter Vision to exist. Each week that goes by that the money is not raised is just that much more pressure to figure out where it will come from. I am not worried, but I do think about it all the time. I want to make sure I do my part in getting this business off the ground.
I'll get it. I don't yet know how or from whom, but I don't have a choice. That part actually makes it easier and more pressure packed. Here are the options that I currently have. This will help me to write them out.
1. The bank will fund 70% (the part that has equipment behind it) if we raise 30% from a private investor.
2. The bank will lend it all if we have a "money guy" guarantee the loan until we have paid off the 30%. (since Joel's and my assets total a house, 4 cars and med school loans that wipe out any positive balance we may have accumulated). :)
3. We may not need the bank if we can work out good equipment deals and find someone who can front the "unsecured" portion of the money needed for us to get rolling.
4. Find less money and do a scaled down version of the plan (I could conceivably continue to work two jobs right up until August)...this option could be rough, but I will if I have to.
5. Pray that God will just give me the people to talk to and walk through the process. (I realize this is option 1, but this is actually where I thought of it in the list...dang it.)
6. Any various combination of the 5 options above (there are like, a million)
Well, that's it for this morning. I will pray that I trip over $300k on my way into work. Who knows? I do know we serve a God that is bigger than my angst this morning. That part is comforting. The part that is not is that I know I have to go deeper and trust that this leap of faith will benefit my family someday.
Exciting and terrifying.
No comments:
Post a Comment