John 16:33
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
What a great promise and it applies to all trouble. It may be that when you read this you thought I was having a rough Ava morning. Actually quite the opposite, I really enjoyed her this morning and I smiled and laughed a bunch. I'll tell ya where the trouble is... stupid technology breaks and it makes me mad. Internet and phone problems...grrr.
There are days that I spend all day fixing problems and don't ever end up touching the list of to-do's for that day. That's frustrating. Trivial? Probably. But when you consider what God did for us in sending his son here to die, it gets easier to see that He came here to overcome every part of this world's trouble, no matter how trivial.
So, today I'll be focusing on the fact that I know God's got it, all of it. He's overcome the world. That's quite a bit more than I've done so I'm gonna go ahead a recognize that and quit getting all bent outta shape. Some days that's easier than others. Today I am going to actually put energy into trying it.
Thanks for posting, Josh...thinking of you and your fam' today. Love!
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking the time to write these encouraging words each day. Your highs and lows, your strong faith and your "relapses" make me feel like I'm OK. Don't get stuck, Diane, get moving forward. Ever consider making the blog into a book? (I'm sure I'm showing my age with that last question!)
ReplyDeleteDiane Jones
Think about the Hunters every day. I look forward to reading your blog knowing that God has you in the palm of his hand. You are loved! Hope you have an amazing day! God bless!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya! I have days at work like that, too. -M
ReplyDeleteI so appreciate this - it is so easy to get caught up in the busy tasks and challenges that our days and world can bring. I am still pondering your rest post as well as these go hand in hand for me. God does have us - and each day is a new day to rejoice in the Lord for He has created another opportunity for us to make a difference. Thanks for your daily inspiration Josh!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye39mgcHC3E
ReplyDeleteMade me think of little Ava. You and your family are still in my prayers, especially as we approach this Christmas Season. God Bless.
Thanks Josh, this was more helpful than you will ever know. At a time when I am not so very happy with this world and the "troubles" seem bearing down more than I can take, it was great to be reminded that there is light at the end of the tunnel, sort of speak.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy your new format and focus and have found it a great resource for my own daily walk along the path of faith. Keep up the great insights, and thank you for sharing.
Peace & Blessings to all.